• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    John Doe, the name you will be booked under.

Good news, still no ID needed to vote
    anim_rolleyes.gif

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I mean, they really didn't need this state law, when SCOTUS rulings have already effectively done the same. You can be arrested for traffic violations that don't even arise to misdemeanor crimes. You have always been able to be arrested for refusing to identify yourself, so that the police could process you and find out who you are. This still only applies to the driver - unless police suspect a passenger of committing a crime, they still don't have a legal right to demand ID from passengers (they can request, but not demand without suspecting a crime beyond simply refusing to ID).

This seems like its just tying a lose thread a bit tighter. Realistically, who is it going to get used on? Same assholes that would've been taken for identification purposes before. Liberal DA's will still refuse to take the charges no doubt.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    You have always been able to be arrested for refusing to identify yourself

True.

Many people think you must have your Driver's License with you to drive.

Not true. For 40 years I've just told them my Name & Address when pulled over without my D.L.

Some cops would lie and say I needed to have the D.L. on me. I just said "Will Do Boss", and they looked me up on the computer.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    It's not hard.

Every little bit of resistance helps.

The easier you make it for Globalists to install Communism, the faster it happens.

I've pulled over alot of people who just want to "fight the system" even if it includes the part that is serving you. You are actually contributing to the communist movement by being blind regarding what is actually a threatening target.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    I mean, they really didn't need this state law, when SCOTUS rulings have already effectively done the same. You can be arrested for traffic violations that don't even arise to misdemeanor crimes. You have always been able to be arrested for refusing to identify yourself, so that the police could process you and find out who you are. This still only applies to the driver - unless police suspect a passenger of committing a crime, they still don't have a legal right to demand ID from passengers (they can request, but not demand without suspecting a crime beyond simply refusing to ID).

This seems like its just tying a lose thread a bit tighter. Realistically, who is it going to get used on? Same assholes that would've been taken for identification purposes before. Liberal DA's will still refuse to take the charges no doubt selectively prosecute.
    As I understand it, they can suspect all they want; but on the passengers, unless they arrest them, there is no requirement to identify.

ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Yes, yes, we know all about your need to be difficult to identify, blah, blah, blah. And the same a-holes then complain, "Shouldn't you be out catching real criminals, blah, blah...." Yes, I should, but here I am wasting my time, dispatches time, computer terminal time, etcetera, identifying your worthless ass because you want to be obstreperous! Get a life, get an I.D., be an adult, and move on! And BTW, Texas requires an ID to VOTE!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I can't write a ticket to a john or jane doe...

If you commit a crime, any crime in view of a police officer, you are subject to arrest. The ticket/citation is issued on a traffic stop is in lieu of arrest.

If you can't issue a ticket or the person won't sign promising to appear before the court, you get to go see the judge right now.

And there were already laws on the books requiring you to display your DL when the subject of a traffic stop TTC 521.025 (a) [Fail to Display License]

Now, usually folks "I'm sorry I left it at home" and then when you check they only have an ID or something, [No Driver's License]

Lying about you name, DOB or address was already a class B unless you were a fugitive (have any warrants) in which case it becomes a Class A (one level lower if you were only detained)

In short I don't see the big deal, there is nothing new really other than the legislators passing laws that we already had laws dealing with.
    9113fb09af44553e5401f11f07514539.jpg
    64c74e18253f3d987b123e735cee48ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    True.

Many people think you must have your Driver's License with you to drive.

Not true. For 40 years I've just told them my Name & Address when pulled over without my D.L.

Some cops would lie and say I needed to have the D.L. on me. I just said "Will Do Boss", and they looked me up on the computer.
    Texas law does require you to have your DL on your person when driving. Its not wise to be ignorant and obstinate...
    9ab5899faf53e5274749f542f5630753.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    So why not ID? Half the people on the road in TX are illegal, running drugs, trafficking children, drunk or in stolen cars. Or maybe on the way to the cemetery to register some new demonic voters. ID for one, ID for all. Call the tune, pay the piper. We can't have it both ways. Or maybe you don't got one?

Top Bottom