APOD Firearms

Thinking of selling the .50 cal - where?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    F4F8E9EF-D01C-439B-92E6-DF80A59722F2.jpeg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Any recommendations on where to sell my Barrett .50 M107A1 w QDL?
    ive heard several bad stories about gunbroker, and haven done a public sale in 20 years.
    I have been trying to sell my McBros Benchrest gun .50 for years. .50 BMG's are a very small market place because most are rather expensive and lack of places to shoot them.

You might have better luck doing a trade then out right sale. I hope you have better luck then myself. Every time I think I might have a buyer lined up they back out.

madwildcat

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Frisco, TX
    Any particular reason not to list it here? If you are really wanting to feel comfortable about the sale, you might be able to find other sellers here who have sold to who ever might be interested. If anything, I would think the worry about "someone using the gun for wrong" would be a lot lower with a 50 BMG than all the pistols that get sold on here.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Put up a picture and a price here. Threads can be moved intact and this one already has at least a look or two. A truly unique firearm may sell well at a consignment shop with wide exposure and they handle the lookers.

Reactions: Eli

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Ever considered the FCSA? If you're active in that community, I reckon opportunities for moving iron will occasionally present themselves.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Threads can be moved intact and this one already has at least a look or two.
    Yes but it's unlikely a mod would start a for sale thread for the OP using this thread as a basis. This thread already has a few entries that violate the rules of the Classifieds.

By all means, I encourage the OP to list his rifle on TGT. He can put a pointer to that ad in this thread. But this thread won't be moving into the Classifieds.

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    All great input, thanks.
    I’m only considering selling it at this time, but also realize it’s a monster in the wrong hands and do worry about that (here are a couple of rounds that will penetrate a Bradley or Bearcat).
    And it’s harder to find anywhere you can shoot more than 100 yards. Yes I’m in the FCSA and going to the shoot in 3 weeks.
    Still just thinking about it.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    May the spirit of Skip Talbot bless your undertakings.
    Talking with TXAZ at Axxes shoot this past weekend about .50 Skip Talbot name did come up. Way back in the day that Skip took the 1000 yard title was when I was getting into the .50 bmg frame of mind. I was a member back then of FCSA. I met Robert Pauza while shooting at American Shooting Center. That was all it took pulling the trigger on his designed gun, and I wanted a .50 bmg. I met another guy in Bryan/College Station who was a pioneer in .50 bag's, but cannot remember his name.

The more I learned the more I had dreams of then competing so in my mind having a rifle just like Skip Talbot's built. That's when I decided to go with the McBros rifle built like Skip's title winner. Back then the Barrett's were just emerging on the scene.

This was so long ago I still had my FFL. Slick Willy had been elected & I felt I'd better get my act together. While waiting on my rifle, my FFL expired. More of Slick Willy's restrictions on gun rights, made having the FFL impossible for me to keep. (I had received it when I turned 21 years old while still in Illinois.) The rifle took longer then promised & it was transferred to an old gunny in Pearland who had a shell holder designed action built by McBros. IIRC his name was Fisher who received & transfer me my rifle free of charge.

Talk about a walk down memory lane. Funny looking back at all that I was most likely a newly married man. And I was blowing money on a Swarovski spotting scope & stand, a Ransom rifle rest, Leupold MK IV scope & rings. Ammo was not as readily available back then. A bunch of surplus from the Dominican Republic was available & blowing up guns. Most of the good surplus .50 bmg was being bought up by guys who shot Ma Dueces. I ended up but some from a place in Maine that had solid bronze projectiles & from then Thunderbird Cartridge Company. None of this stuff was cheap. And my new bride never bitched a single word about what was a lot of money with her going to school. Man I miss that woman.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Skip Talbot name did come up.
    I really liked that guy after he kicked my ass (and everybody else, too) at a shoot in Uvalde, circa 1978. We talked a bit and he impressed me as a rather driven individual; if he was going to do something, he was going to do it right.

That was before his 50 cal adventures, back when he was the king of unlimited class pistol silhouette.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I really liked that guy after he kicked my ass (and everybody else, too) at a shoot in Uvalde, circa 1978. We talked a bit and he impressed me as a rather driven individual; if he was going to do something, he was going to do it right.

That was before his 50 cal adventures, back when he was the king of unlimited class pistol silhouette.
    Damn 1978 I was a year out of high school working as a AM pre loader at UPS & married to my practice wife. What a life time ago. If I would have had my head on straight back then I would have came to Texas back then instead off wasting 6 more years of my life in Illinois.

davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    Gunbroker.
    If you dont have 50 or more (my comfort zone) feedbacks people may think you're a scammer.
    The risk is on the buyers end.

Top Bottom