Target Sports

Thoughts on trading in Sig Sauer P226 for a CZ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fork3

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2022
    DFW Metroplex
    Alright, so my first real gun related post to this forum. I got a beretta 92 compact on a private sale from this forum a few days ago and I am happy with it. One of my dad’s guns is a Sig Sauer P226 from 1994. He has not taken care of it at all, and the bullets have been in the magazines consecutively since 1994, and he complains it is very rough to fire now. He’s considering trading it in for a CZ. He is unsure of the model he wants. Do you think this would be a good trade in? I simply do not know a lot about it, but from what I have gathered, I think so. If you think this is a good trade in, do you have any particular models of CZ you reccomend for pistols?
    Gun Zone Deals

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Country of origin and markings on the sig? Some of those are german or navy models.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Honest question - when is the last time that Sig has been apart and given a thorough clean and lubrication? 1994?

CZ's are wonderful weapons, I find them personally superior shootability wise to most Sigs, the controls are more intuitive as well, but Sigs generally fetch a higher price both new and used.

Get the gun cleaned up and properly lubed, see if it shoots "rough" or if the Sig smoothness comes back.

fork3

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2022
    DFW Metroplex
    Also - new springs for the magazines and recoil assembly might be in order, certainly I'd spring for new springs (pun very much intended) as they're cheap insurance for reliability.
    yeah definitely new recoil, i think if he keeps it, he’ll just get a few new mags

fork3

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2022
    DFW Metroplex
    Honest question - when is the last time that Sig has been apart and given a thorough clean and lubrication? 1994?

CZ's are wonderful weapons, I find them personally superior shootability wise to most Sigs, the controls are more intuitive as well, but Sigs generally fetch a higher price both new and used.

Get the gun cleaned up and properly lubed, see if it shoots "rough" or if the Sig smoothness comes back.
    1994 lol, he is a great procrastinator and hardly ever goes to the range or does maintenance. Do you have any particular CZ models?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Go with what fits your hand best AND puts your trigger finger in the goldilocks zone.

Asking for what’s better is ultimately irrelevant even from us.

-Reputable brand
    -fits you

Go into a gun store with a good selection and get a feel for what’s best for that goldilocks zone.

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    1994 lol, he is a great procrastinator and hardly ever goes to the range or does maintenance. Do you have any particular CZ models?

If its a range toy, any full frame (full size) CZ 75's are great.

If its potential carry gun - the CZ-75D Compact would be my pick there. There are a number of guns in both full and compact sizes - variants on single action only, traditional double action with manual safety (that can only be engaged when the hammer is cocked), and decocker models.

The letter after the model number designations action type or feature set.

The CZ-75 "B" models are the vanilla double actions with manual safety. "B" denotes it has a firing pin block.

The "D" models are decocker only models, intended to be carried with the hammer in the down, decocked position (half cock)

SA models are single action only, no double action pull.

Then you have the P-01 and 07 (and some other numbers in between that you don't typically find in the US) - these are light rail equipped compact (01) and full (07) versions of the 75 that are decocker models. There are also 75's that have the rail and are of the traditional DA variety.

It sounds more confusing than it is. You'll find the standard full size and compacts without a light rail are much easier to get holsters for, if its a gun he might carry.

A CZ is a gun you can pick up bone stock out of the box and shoot or carry - they don't need anything done to them. You can, of course. There are aftermarket triggers, sights (not nearly as many as Sig offers though, and not as easy to install) and other doo-dads.

fork3

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2022
    DFW Metroplex
    If its a range toy, any full frame (full size) CZ 75's are great.

If its potential carry gun - the CZ-75D Compact would be my pick there. There are a number of guns in both full and compact sizes - variants on single action only, traditional double action with manual safety (that can only be engaged when the hammer is cocked), and decocker models.

The letter after the model number designations action type or feature set.

The CZ-75 "B" models are the vanilla double actions with manual safety. "B" denotes it has a firing pin block.

The "D" models are decocker only models, intended to be carried with the hammer in the down, decocked position (half cock)

SA models are single action only, no double action pull.

Then you have the P-01 and 07 (and some other numbers in between that you don't typically find in the US) - these are light rail equipped compact (01) and full (07) versions of the 75 that are decocker models. There are also 75's that have the rail and are of the traditional DA variety.

It sounds more confusing than it is. You'll find the standard full size and compacts without a light rail are much easier to get holsters for, if its a gun he might carry.

A CZ is a gun you can pick up bone stock out of the box and shoot or carry - they don't need anything done to them. You can, of course. There are aftermarket triggers, sights (not nearly as many as Sig offers though, and not as easy to install) and other doo-dads.
    It’s role would be just keep in the safe in case of a home invasion type gun. Yeah, he would not be interested in much additional besides a rail or any other system for a red dot potentially later. His current sig is bare bones

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    It’s role would be just keep in the safe in case of a home invasion type gun. Yeah, he would not be interested in much additional besides a rail or any other system for a red dot potentially later. His current sig is bare bones

A red dot would require slide milling for most CZ-75 models. The competition guns might have optics ready versions now. The Shadow is a well regarded version of these.

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Be sure to offer the home invader a sandwich and a handy.

wait wait wait, thats sexist! What if the home invader is a chick? Or what if its a chick with a dick that isn't into handy J's? What if the home invader is a hermaphrodite? What if they're a poor dickless amputee who is only committing home invasions to get money for their PTSD medication that they can't afford because Big Pharma? :laughing:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Break it down & give it a good cleaning & oil afterwards. Then take it the range.

If he still wants to trade it in, then I would decide if I still wanted a d/a s/a trigger or a striker fire.

The CZ P10 is striker fired similar to a glock.... but a better trigger out the box...imo. there are 3 sizes full, compact & sub compact.

The 75 series has full steel framed models & polymer models that are d/a s/a.

Personally I have a 75B Omega in urban grey with a CGW trigger & a P07 in green.

My next striker fire will be a H&K VP9 in grey.

Top Bottom