Patriot Mobile

Thoughts on trading in Sig Sauer P226 for a CZ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fork3

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2022
    DFW Metroplex
    Where in DFW are you. I could check out the sig for you. Clean n such.
    North Dallas, just south of the high five, walking distance.

If it was my gun, yeah.

But he's very cagey about these things lol (hence I am making this post here not him). Also I asked him before this thread if he decided that he wants to sell it should I post it here because you can probably get a better price for it here, and he was like nooo, I'd sell it to a gun store, the whole idea of meeting up with strangers especially regarding guns is too uncomfy for me.

But if I ever have any questions about my beretta, I'll be sure to ask ya and would be open to meet up
    Lynx Defense

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

If it was my gun, yeah.

But he's very cagey about these things lol (hence I am making this post here not him). Also I asked him before this thread if he decided that he wants to sell it should I post it here because you can probably get a better price for it here, and he was like nooo, I'd sell it to a gun store, the whole idea of meeting up with strangers especially regarding guns is too uncomfy for me.

But if I ever have any questions about my beretta, I'll be sure to ask ya and would be open to meet up
    Tell him to lube his ars up good if he is selling to a gun store. He will get ars raped on the price cause they have overhead and need resale profit. He will throw away 200 dollars minimum.

ETA, that's why you join a forum and buy and sell in a group of known and vetted people. The odds of a negative experience are almost nothing and people care enough about their reps to make it right.

I've seen only one bad deal of a stolen gun in probably 25 years where the seller left the guy hainging and that seller was unable to buy and sell basically in the entire state of AZ after the word was spread.

I had one guy try to alter a deal at the exchange with a couple people. He also was ostracized.

Last edited:

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW

If it was my gun, yeah.

Plenty of safe places to meet up for purchases and sales.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    yeah definitely new recoil, i think if he keeps it, he’ll just get a few new mags
    No need for new mags. But... If you do buy new mags get sig brand or mec gar only. Sig are 45 bucks mec gar are 25 bucks.

New high quality springs from wolff are 7.50 each or 3 for 17.50

New springs are just as good as new mags.

fork3

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2022
    DFW Metroplex
    No need for new mags. But... If you do buy new mags get sig brand or mec gar only. Sig are 45 bucks mec gar are 25 bucks.

New high quality springs from wolff are 7.50 each or 3 for 17.50

New springs are just as good as new mags.
    It’s what I would do too and I told him that… but it’s his gun and he’s stubborn as a mule… he was like it’s how your grandad taught me; Sam, don’t scrimp on the important stuff yadda yadda

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It’s what I would do too and I told him that… but it’s his gun and he’s stubborn as a mule… he was like it’s how your grandad taught me; Sam, don’t scrimp on the important stuff yadda yadda
    Umm tell him the important stuff IS the mag spring and wolff springs are way better than OEM that come with the mags.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Seems the lessons fell way short. Most people, or at least as I was taught, you buy a quality made product and take care of it and it lasts you a very long time.

Harry_Gorilla

Dis-Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2021
    Living on Airplanes
    If it was born in 1994, it was made in West Germany. Look on the right side of the slide, forward of the ejection port. I have a few P220's and P226's that I picked up over the past couple of years. Left side of the frame will Have SIG, NH, or CT importer stamp. The other way to tell is if it has an internal extractor.

Prisondoc210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Converse
    7ee7f665a4bd2ce0ce661310ae5e125a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    If it was born in 1994, it was made in West Germany. Look on the right side of the slide, forward of the ejection port. I have a few P220's and P226's that I picked up over the past couple of years. Left side of the frame will Have SIG, NH, or CT importer stamp. The other way to tell is if it has an internal extractor.

Didn't West Germany cease being a thing in 1990? Wall came down in 89, IIRC and Germany unified a year later. 1994 might still be marked "West Germany" as Sig still had lots of previously-made slides / parts laying about, and its said some guns assembled into the early 2000s still occasionally had such markings. I don't get how it happens, but supposedly piles of parts get shuffled around and forgotten about, then get "found" again and they release batches of previously discontinued guns. Happened to the P225 / P6.

Harry_Gorilla

Dis-Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2021
    Living on Airplanes
    Didn't West Germany cease being a thing in 1990? Wall came down in 89, IIRC and Germany unified a year later. 1994 might still be marked "West Germany" as Sig still had lots of previously-made slides / parts laying about, and its said some guns assembled into the early 2000s still occasionally had such markings. I don't get how it happens, but supposedly piles of parts get shuffled around and forgotten about, then get "found" again and they release batches of previously discontinued guns. Happened to the P225 / P6.
    Brain fart. Wrong decade. Early flight this morning. Here's a link to help with dating German SIG's.

Top Bottom