Hurley's Gold

Thoughts on trading in Sig Sauer P226 for a CZ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    It’s role would be just keep in the safe in case of a home invasion type gun. Yeah, he would not be interested in much additional besides a rail or any other system for a red dot potentially later. His current sig is bare bones
    Why would he keep a "home invasion" type gun in a safe?

Mo' betta' unda' da' pillow of yo' sofas,
    Target Sports

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    North Dallas, just south of the high five, walking distance.

If it was my gun, yeah.

But he's very cagey about these things lol (hence I am making this post here not him). Also I asked him before this thread if he decided that he wants to sell it should I post it here because you can probably get a better price for it here, and he was like nooo, I'd sell it to a gun store, the whole idea of meeting up with strangers especially regarding guns is too uncomfy for me.

But if I ever have any questions about my beretta, I'll be sure to ask ya and would be open to meet up
    You and "he" are too "uncomfy" with selling to an individual with a valid Texas ID?

OK.........go to the local pawn shop or gun store.........see what they offer.

alphabet soup I detect...............

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    If the Sig fits him and he can shoot it fine, consider sending it to Sig for their Full Service Package. I have sent a 1990s P229 and recently an early 2000s P226 to them for this and I am very pleased. If he wants a CZ, they are going to be somewhat hard to find in gun shops. I am a big CZ fan and prefer the ergos over the Sigs, but the P226 is an amazing pistol. If he wants to stick with DA/SA look for a 75B or a P09.

fork3

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2022
    DFW Metroplex
    You and "he" are too "uncomfy" with selling to an individual with a valid Texas ID?

OK.........go to the local pawn shop or gun store.........see what they offer.

alphabet soup I detect...............
    You misread it.

He is uncomfy. I am fine. I have done it once myself on this forum.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    If he likes the CZ better then SELL the SIG, buy a CZ and pocket some money...I am a SIG guy and familiar with the "stranger" ergonomics so I prefer SIGs, CZ may be more bang for the buck and are also great firearms.
    List it here I might buy it;)

Top Bottom