Target Sports

What is your favorite Pistol purchased in the last year?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    Shadow Systems 9mm. I can’t remember the exact model but I really liked shooting it.

It was an elite with the gold threaded barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Gun Zone Deals

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Shadow Systems 9mm. I can’t remember the exact model but I really liked shooting it.

It was an elite with the gold threaded barrel.

You can't remember the exact model you bought in the last 12 months?

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Well the only pistol I've bought this year was a tisas 1911...

And i wouldn't exactly say I'm thrilled with it

Really? What didn't you care for about it? I picked up a carry Tisas, and thought it was great shooter out of the box- especially at $440. Safety bit stiff, but otherwise no issues. Also upgraded plastic grips to G10.

Attachments

• tisas carry.jpg
      tisas carry.jpg
      44.8 KB · Views: 58

black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    You can't remember the exact model you bought in the last 12 months?

No. I’ve bought several pistols and don’t really know the exact model numbers off the top of my head without looking.

Not the biggest pistol guy but I keep getting these gift cards from a sales lead group I’m in and use my Cabela’s points on my credit card to buy a pistol every couple of months.

Last edited:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Really? What didn't you care for about it? I picked up a carry Tisas, and thought it was great shooter out of the box- especially at $440. Safety bit stiff, but otherwise no issues. Also upgraded plastic grips to G10.

The plunger tube spring was too weak and would randomly cause the slide to lock back, poor sear tension, the recoil spring guide was too thick and would cause the recoil spring to bunch up, and the extractor had too much tension.

The safety also probably has the sharpest edge I've ever seen on a gun short of a bayonet.

I paid like 350? For mine (the 1911a1 us army model) and wasn't expecting much, but i didn't expect to need to drop an extra $80 in parts

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    No. I’ve bought several pistols and don’t really know the exact model numbers off the top of my head without looking.

Not the biggest pistol guy but I keep getting these gift cards from a sales lead group I’m in and use my Cabela’s points on my credit card to buy a pistol every couple of months.

For clarification, you're not into pistols enough to know what you've bought but you keep buying them instead of stuff that you actually want?

1698903143070.png

black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    For clarification, you're not into pistols enough to know what you've bought but you keep buying them instead of stuff that you actually want?

View attachment 413310

Correct.

The stuff I want is full custom builds, more thermal stuff, more suppressors.

I buy the pistols because they only cost me nothing or a couple hundred out of pocket with my Cabela’s points and the gift cards I get from my buddy from sales leads.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Since this is the auto pistol thread...and I haven't bought any autos in the past year, except for the one I picked up yesterday, I guess that automatically (see what I did there?) makes it my favorite....
    Tisas Tanker, commander sized, 70 series 1911... I plan to give it a small workout in the next couple of days...weather is supposed to be wonderful here, for a change.

I will probably make a few mods to it, like a beavertail grip safety, and I'm going to put my ebony grips on it, but for under $400, it's a pretty nice looking/feeling handgun.

The trigger is pretty nice, lighter than I expected. I really like the nitride finish... all in all, at first inspection, it seems to be a whole lot of 1911 for the price....

1911 Tanker right.jpg

1911 Tanker left.jpg

LL_Spartan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2023
    Houston
    A glock 43x MOS. Its been a fantastic switch from my glock 19 MOS. Smaller and easier for me to conceal when I need to throw it in a fanny pack for jogging or while at the gym. I still have solid capacity and ease of mounting my optic and light, overall for the price I couldn't be happier.

Paul2036

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2023
    Houston
    Since this is the auto pistol thread...and I haven't bought any autos in the past year, except for the one I picked up yesterday, I guess that automatically (see what I did there?) makes it my favorite....
    Tisas Tanker, commander sized, 70 series 1911... I plan to give it a small workout in the next couple of days...weather is supposed to be wonderful here, for a change.

I will probably make a few mods to it, like a beavertail grip safety, and I'm going to put my ebony grips on it, but for under $400, it's a pretty nice looking/feeling handgun.

The trigger is pretty nice, lighter than I expected. I really like the nitride finish... all in all, at first inspection, it seems to be a whole lot of 1911 for the price....

View attachment 413330

View attachment 413331
    Hopefully it functions better than it looks!

Top Bottom