• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jm1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    I acquired a 4th Gen. Glock 17 and so far have 1200 rounds fired without a single malfunction. I am very satisfied. I used a lot of the cheapest ammo I could find. Most of that 1200 was wolf, steel cased.
    Lynx Defense

makeitcount

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    fort worth
    I decided on a s springfield XDm 9 3.8 (not compact). I've tried Stoegeer, S&W, M&P, and some Glocks.
    The one nthe fit my hands and felt most confortabvle with was the Xdm. Haven't had a problem with it - unless I'm shooting with really cheap ammo.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My XDm 4.5" .40 has been flawless but all I've only fed it WWB, UMC, and my own reloads. Really got me considering an XDm compact for a winter CC, or I may just try to pull it off with the full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zoomanderson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Houston
    Alright, I've got to chime in here. At least try a CZ 75. There are many different models depending on how much you want to spend. Start with the P-07 duty and work you're way up. Accurate, affordable and has a great trigger. Sig p226 is nice, too, but not sure if its in the same price range.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Real world differences between 9mm and .40 aside, if you for some reason are in situation where ammo is scarce, it will be nice to have a gun that will take either 9mm or .40. That doubles your chances of being able to find some ammo for it if you run out.

Eureka! I'm going to sell my guns and go buy a .49! Thanks.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Eureka! I'm going to sell my guns and go buy a .49! Thanks.

Haha. My ".49" looks like this: (I can't say it's practical for anything though)
    163501_01_md.jpg

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    How 'bout one of these? Welcome to CARACAL Just ran across this and don't know anything what-so-ever about them; cost, availability, reliability, ....nothing. I'm not promoting them or rippin' them, just looked interesting. ??

I've got one. The trigger was a great surprise. Everything else was good too, but it has a very smooth trigger with a tactile but subtle reset. I am very accurate with the caracal C. No signs of problems and they appear well made. For $399 it was money well spent.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I've got one. The trigger was a great surprise. Everything else was good too, but it has a very smooth trigger with a tactile but subtle reset. I am very accurate with the caracal C. No signs of problems and they appear well made. For $399 it was money well spent.

That's good to hear. Glad to learn the price as it seems like it's very competitive with the other plastic pistols. Where did you buy it? Just not sure about about supporting the origin, UAE?

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    All the above are good ... better than good.

Go with what feels best in your hand.

Me? Ruger SR-9 fits best, and is made in our own back yard (Arizona).

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    I'm kinda old-fashioned, but I like the Browning Hi Power. Used, at one time or another, by 54 countries as their service weapon. Lots of spare parts out there, as well as gunsmiths specializing in tuning or customizing. New ones are available, or used surplus ones from mostly Israel. I have a few BHPs and it is a superb 9mm. Below BHP was an Israeli surplus T-Series from '67 that I had parkerized. I also removed the magazine safety and opened up the rear sight notch slightly. My favorite shooter...and it looks great, too.
    Bob

DSC_1565.gif

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I'm kinda old-fashioned, but I like the Browning Hi Power. Used, at one time or another, by 54 countries as their service weapon. Lots of spare parts out there, as well as gunsmiths specializing in tuning or customizing. New ones are available, or used surplus ones from mostly Israel. I have a few BHPs and it is a superb 9mm. Below BHP was an Israeli surplus T-Series from '67 that I had parkerized. I also removed the magazine safety and opened up the rear sight notch slightly. My favorite shooter...and it looks great, too.
    Bob

DSC_1565.gif

The Browning High Power is a superb handgun. They shoot great, they're good looking, high capacity, and have history built in.

Richardito

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    You can get a Gen 1-3 Glock 22 which comes in .40 S&W and buy a 9mm conversion barrel for around $100. The only other thing you would need to buy are 9mm Glock mags to go with it... You can even get a threaded one if you would like to add a suppressor at some time in the future.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    Real world differences between 9mm and .40 aside, if you for some reason are in situation where ammo is scarce, it will be nice to have a gun that will take either 9mm or .40. That doubles your chances of being able to find some ammo for it if you run out.

That was the reason I went with the Glock 23 .40. The 9mm conversion barrel and my wife already has g19 magazines. It will also take the Glock 32 barrel and using the g23 magazines it will accept the .357 sig also.

jodster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    San Antonio
    I think I'm gonna go with a glock 22 police trade in and get a conversion barrel for it. The deal I found is just too good to pass up. But I definitely will be looking at a d.a/s.a in the future

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    The Beretta 92 series is still a viable option. This one, my old LAPD duty pistol, is on its 3rd slide and 2nd barrel. It's somewhere north of 50,000 rds of GI ball, hollowpoints and crummy issued reloads. Never a malfunction (except when the barrel hood on the original barrel cracked around 40,000 rds). Downside is that it's big and clumsy for a 9. There are worse guns, though.
    Bob

12.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G