• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Nope, and I don't know what that is, but I have been very pleased with Volquartsen. You also can't go wrong with KIDD.

N2rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Sugar Land
    I have 2 10/22. One has the Power Customs (linked in post above), and one is the stock trigger sent to Brimstone Gunsmithing for their Tier 2 trigger job. Both are excellent. But in side by side comparison I actually think the Brimstone job has a better feel.

Miloe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    DFW
    I'll throw in another bump for Brimstone. They were quick on mine, about 15 days door to door, so they must be caught up because they used to run a month+.

mpolk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Waco, Texas
    I have a Kidd in one gun and Power Custom parts in another. The Kidd is fabulous, but the powercustom is very good too.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Does anyone have an opinion on older metal trigger group housings vs. newer plastic housings? I have both but not sure which one I want to upgrade.

N2rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Sugar Land
    Yeah- Brimstone does say that. But with that said, I sent my metal one to them and it came back with a very nice clean & crisp 2lb pull. They don't charge extra for either one.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Yeah- Brimstone does say that. But with that said, I sent my metal one to them and it came back with a very nice clean & crisp 2lb pull. They don't charge extra for either one.

You got 2 lbs from a Tier 2 job? Mine just came back at 3.1. I'm a little unenthused about it.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I took the metal one down tonight and did what I could to try to make it better. First 10/22 trigger for me. Gonna take it to the range Saturday and see if it was worth my time. ASC in the morning.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I took the metal one down tonight and did what I could to try to make it better. First 10/22 trigger for me. Gonna take it to the range Saturday and see if it was worth my time. ASC in the morning.

Make sure to post a range report.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I took the trigger to the range and I knew ahead of time that I stopped grinding early and when I tested at the range there was not any noticable difference. Time for round two.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Okay, not meaning to say Brimstone and their work is inferior, but they, or anyone that does work on Ruger OEM parts is starting from a disadvantage as compared to KIDD or VQ who use higher quality steel parts, with more exacting tolerances. You will most assuredly get a better action with custom parts as with KIDD or VQ. Costs more, but you decide. Many are happy with the OEM parts reworked, and that for sure is a less expensive alternative to the crap-ass OEM action Ruger puts out.

Top Bottom