2009 Questions / Comments Thread

Discussion in 'Announcements & Comments' started by Texas1911, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Wanted to get some more feedback from you guys and gals. I apologize for the force read, but it's the only proven method for feedback. Without feedback I cannot improve the forum.

Please refrain from discussing the classifieds. It's a worn out topic for me, and it was not my favorite decision either.

Please answer honestly. You can also PM me the answers if you feel so inclined, or you can email them to me.

That being said:

What do you like most about the forum?

What are two things you would change about the forum?

Why do you visit the forum?

Do you enjoy the atmosphere of the forum, if not completely, then what should be done about it?

Have we setup a meet in your general vicinity? If not, please list your city and whether or not you'd like to see a meet in the area.

What is your honest interpretation of the forum? Does it feel fresh, or unique to you?

What do you want to see more of? Reviews, meets, unique content? Members, threads, etc?

Thanks,
    Alan

2. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Most: the friendly courteous atmosphere and lack of trolls.

Changes: It's a gun forum, but lots of people with guns like to atv, rv, and camp.....those could be some possible areas where we could expand. Maybe it's too off-topic.

Reasons for visits: keep up with everything, such as news and information.

Atmosphere: Yes, I like atmosphere we have. We have some great members.

Meet: There is one near me.

Interpretation: It doesn't seem unique, except for the I like it being about guns & Texas.

More: Objective reviews, meets could be fun (Houston is the current leader).

3. okie556

okie556 Well-Known

Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    :gotme: 1. Listening to and sometimes joining in on discussions......some that you have wanted to ask about but were embrassed.
    2.Restrict language....just don't need to hear it or see it in print & some threads seem to read top to bottom and some the other. Make them all the same.
    3. Wow.....some topics are like soap operas....they go on and on and honestly....you get hooked on them.
    4. Atmosphere for most part is good....so poster come off as know it all and seem to flaut their knowledge or lack of sometimes.
    5. Travel a lot so meets aren't in the cards at this time.
    6. Honest interpretation......awesome site to gather answers.....suggestions....even case law on things you have always wanted to know and just never ask. And if you want.....can do by just reading without joining in. But sooner or later you say....okay I have to give my 2 cents worth and then you're hooked!!
    7. Would like to see more reviews.....hottest new concealed carry pistol...new ammo etc.

BY THE WAY.....GREAT FORUM.....I FELT I OWED YOU AND THE OTHERS MY HONEST COMMENTS.:banger:

OKIE556

4. CanTex

CanTex Active Member TGT Supporter

Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Fairly new to the Forum, therefore feel not qualified to critique. However, I do like what I have seen and reading the threads. Most if not all are intelligent and thought out vice some of the ..... I see in other places. Figure you are on the right track.

5. CJS3

CJS3 Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Katy
    I would like to be able to post more pictures without filling up the attachments file so fast.

6. Big-D

Big-D New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Lockhart
    The atmosphere of the fourm
    I'm still new to the forum but so far nothing.
    To learn more about firearms and shooting.
    Do you enjoy the atmosphere of the forum, if not completely, then what should be done about it?
    So far so good.
    Have we setup a meet in your general vicinity? If not, please list your city and whether or not you'd like to see a meet in the area.
    Yes you do.
    What is your honest interpretation of the forum? Does it feel fresh, or unique to you?
    I like it.
    What do you want to see more of? Reviews, meets, unique content? Members, threads, etc?
    Maybe some more firearm reviews and meets would be nice

7. cowboy45

cowboy45 Active Member

May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    bbq and grilling forum needed
    :texas:

8. Brett G

Brett G New Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    I generally read lots of gun boards and this one is about guns and Texas!

Not much.

Same reason I read every other gun board. Learn about guns and put my 2 cents in (which given the economy is worth about 1.25 cents

Its been cool so far. No changes

No. I work a goofed up schedule so the chances I'd go are slim any way.

The Texas and guns them is nice. I don't think there is much you could do that would be "fresh" just about guns.

I just like frank open gun discussion with no uglyness or hatefulness I think its fine the way it is.

9. nalioth

nalioth Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Pardon my ignorance, but isn't there an "Announcement" setting mods can turn on for a thread? IIRC, this pops up at the top of the users "New Posts" results or at the top of the currently viewed forum and once the user clicks it, it disappears for them.

Folks who are interested in the forum and offering feedback WILL click on any "Announcement" threads.

Folks who are not interested will ignore it, just like they will click on this bullying "You need to read this before you read anything else" link and then continue their usual pattern.

Please stop the "you will read this before continuing". This is the ONLY forum I know of that has ever done it, and the other forums get plenty of feedback when their mods request such.
    The local lean.
    No more "forced thread reading", for one.
    The local lean.
    This is one of the more genteel forums I participate in (aside from the occasional virtual slamming of the virtual face in the virtual sign before entry)
    Haven't even looked.
    Forums are subject to feng shui? I don't understand the question.
    Unique content like: Texas Gun Talk - The Movie ? Seems to me that interested folk will post all the reviews they care to share. More members will begat more threads.

10. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I like pretty much all of it. I just like talking guns, and I'd like to learn more about Texas gun laws... and try making them better.

More members, but that's just going to take time.

Because of the stuff I like about it.

I enjoy it. It's about as good as it can get, IMO.

I didn't see one for San Antonio, but I haven't had much time for a meet since I got here. This weekend is a definite no-go, since I'm moving...

Fresh? Unique? Maybe not, but IMO it doesn't need to be. It's a lot like at least a couple of other forums I'm a member of.

Meets, 2A-related content, and especially activism. Oh, and more membership. I'm very interested in fighting for 2A rights, and there is a lot of strength in numbers. :D