• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just one more reminder that the Premier San Antonio gun show is this weekend, 19-20 July! We’ll be at our usual breakfast location (Teran's) at 8am; then at Freeman Expo Hall when the doors open at 9am, hope to see you there!

Cheers! M2

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Just one more reminder that the Premier San Antonio gun show is this weekend, 19-20 July! We’ll be at our usual breakfast location (Teran's) at 8am; then at Freeman Expo Hall when the doors open at 9am, hope to see you there!

Cheers! M2

I'll be attending both, hopefully see some new faces!

"Prepare yourself for the future,with what you've seen in the present"

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    not a ton of vendors here this weekend. strange...slow. I think some of the vendors split the show, stayed in dallas or something. Also, heard this is the 2nd to last show for the Freeman center. Something about the parking agreement or such.

Bill,
    I still can't get the link in your sig line to work.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    not a ton of vendors here this weekend. strange...slow. I think some of the vendors split the show, stayed in dallas or something. Also, heard this is the 2nd to last show for the Freeman center. Something about the parking agreement or such.

Correct on all accounts. There is also a Premier show up in Irving, and that took some of the vendors that normally make the trip down to SA.

Attendance has also dropped considerably, but I don't think that is the show but a general decrease in interest throughout the firearms community. We discussed this with several friends at the show who also noticed the decreased attendance. Unfortunately, it usually takes a tragic gun-related event like Columbine or Sandy Hook to reinvigorate things, but no one wants to see that. This is really a market that succumbs to large ebbs and flows, it is rare to enjoy long periods of gradual but steady increases.

As for parking, it is true that Bexar County is trying to double what they charge Premier for it. At the moment they are charging Premier $3.50/vehicle, which they pay out of the advertising budget hoping it will bring more folks to the show; but at $7 it just is not economically feasible for the vendor to absorb it. Premier is still waiting for a response from the county, but unless the latter is willing to compromise, it could lead to the August show being the last one.

I plan on contacting the Bexar County Commissioner Court, the overall managing/governing body of Bexar County. The Freeman Expo Hall is in District 4, meaning Tommy Adkisson is the commissioner. His email is tadkisson@bexar.org. I would also recommend including his Chief of Staff--Mario Llano--who can be reached at mllano@bexar.org and Monica Martinez, his Executive Assistant, who can be reached at monica.martinez@bexar.org to any emails you send Adkisson. You can also contact Commissioner Adkisson's office at (210) 335-2614.

Those of us who enjoy this show need to let them know to do everything they can to ensure it sticks around! Please feel free to share the above information to anyone and everyone who is a fan of this show!

Cheers! M2

Last edited:

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    It was nice meeting you all!

"Prepare yourself for the future,with what you've seen in the present"

TN88

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Near San Antonio
    I went today. Decent selection available, however I couldn't find a used Browning Buckmark, and I think I only saw one new one. Might just go with one of the used Rugers without the heavy barrel that I saw.

Top Bottom