• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Pretty poor, seemed like less than usual. Tibor was there, as was the one shop that has a lot of cool but badly overpriced Kalashnikovs; but for the most part there didn't seem to be as many as there were in past shows...

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL,

I found a GREAT DEAL on a new ASI PASI-1 PUMP SHOTGUN & it's NICE. - This made going to the SA show quite worthwhile.

Also got to meet Dave & his young son. = NICE guys.

yours, satx

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Below is a copy of the email I sent to Bexar County District 4 Commissioner, Tommy Adkisson (tadkisson@bexar.org) cc'ing his chief of staff Mario Llano (mllano@bexar.org) and executive assistant Monica Martinez (monica.martinez@bexar.org).

I urge all fans of this show to either submit a similar email, mailing it to him at 101 W. Nueva, Suite 1029, San Antonio, TX 78205 or calling Commissioner Adkisson's office at (210) 335-2614.

We appreciate your support!

Cheers! M2

Commissioner Adkisson

It is my understanding that the management of the Freeman Exposition Hall is trying to increase the price of parking for the Original San Antonio Gun Show from $3.50 per vehicle to $7.00.

Several months back, the show promoters, Premier Gun Shows out of Dallas/Fort Worth, decided to absorb the cost of parking out of its advertising budget in an attempt to draw more customers to the show and our area.

As Bexar County is the owner of that Freeman Exposition Hall, I hope it is within your power to intervene in this attempted cost increase as it will effectively shut down this show. It is economically unfeasible for Premier to pay $7 per vehicle then only charge $8 for entry, resulting in a profit of only one dollar per participant.

In case you are not aware, each show--which occur six times during the year--brings in tens of thousands of dollars to the local economy. Not only does it involve the buying and selling of firearms, accessories and other items at the show; but the show itself brings in hundreds of vendors and participants to San Antonio who in turn spend money on local hotels, restaurants and at other businesses as well as to the local government through the collection of sales tax.

This attempt to raise the price of parking by the management of the Freeman Expo Hall will bring this revenue to an end. I can see no reason for the increase, as with Premier paying for the parking there is no requirement to have Expo Hall personnel collect monies at the entry to the lot.

I respectfully ask that you do everything within your power to stop this increase from happening. This attempt to extort a few more dollars from the promoter will effectively cause the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars for local businesses and the county. Additionally, no money will be made from an empty venue, so economically it makes much more sense for the county to continue profiting from the current arrangement than risk losing it all in a feeble attempt to squeeze a few more dollars out of the promoter.

I appreciate anything you can do to assist in a positive resolution to this matter.

Respectfully,

<signature block>
    Bexar County Resident

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I went to the Freeman show for the first time last weekend I believe. Overall I thought it was a good show, probably better than the other monthly one in SA, which I have gone to several times.

Prices where no better or worse than general pricing across the board, with the exception that you had to pay tax vs no tax on line.

I found the overall quality of the AR average and typical low to mid priced offerings. Saw only a couple of higher end AR's such as LMT, LWRC, could have counted them on one hand. I am in the market for a high end AR but it was not to be had there and yes I went to ever table on every asile. In fact I was there to do some buying but bought nothing.

Saw a few old guns, Colts, Win etc at prices that were near comical. For a few dollars more you could have stepped up to top grade. Friend of mine is a gun writer and collects a few old guns. I was over at his place having dinner and we went into his gun room which is a hidden room. He has less than 50, but his collection is worth well in into the several $million level. His stuff is mint and near mint (Colt Patterson etc). He says the 'brown' market for guns (old guns pickup a brown patina) has actually lost money over the past few years and he expects it to decline more as the anti gun movement crawls across the US. The big appreciation has come at the high end.

He has some good insight into where the gun world is going and feels gun control is probable unless something radical happens. I am afraid he is right. I know he has invested very heavily in high end 'museum' grade mostly pre 1900 guns. If you check the auctions that's where the top dollars are. Certainly did not see any of that at this show, high end prices on a lot of junk guns.

I went on Sunday around 1 or so, was there about 2+ hrs. It was a very slow day according to the folks displaying and not a buying crowd they said.

Still its a good show and glad I went

Top Bottom