• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    the mrs won't do this show anymore for that and other reasons (catty chatty old bitches that sell trinkets). Me, I get past that. SA is good to us. Heck, someone went looking thru my truck in Cedar Park. Theres dirtbags all over the place, specially in this 'hood.

The neighborhood behind the center is bad, you can drive through there, and when you get out, you could be driving on your rotors.. It's also right off the highway, so it's easy for someone looking for a quick "smash and grab"

"Prepare yourself for the future,with what you've seen in the present"
    Capitol Armory ad

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Leave your console and glove box open, helps detour them.

Gunns0902

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Cradle of Liberty, TX
    If it helps you feel better, they got me a LOT worse last year. Right in front of the venue in broad daylight.

Well I am not to upset about it. But what chaps my ass(not that I couldn't have avoided it) is what happened later, when we went to the police station to file a report....I rode my Dad's Motorcycle out there, not my bike, so I have not really worried about the tags or Insurance... One of the cops there towed it. Greg even offered to put it in the back of his truck. My fault, but man this turned out to be a bad day, the theft was bad enough.... Now today is a $1000 day. $400 Stolen, $300+ for the impound lot, and in order to make it right I will have to pay for Ins on the bike, and register it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Damn that is a horrible day all the way around. Sorry to hear guys, it isn't always the value of what's taken, more the insult

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Well I am not to upset about it. But what chaps my ass(not that I couldn't have avoided it) is what happened later, when we went to the police station to file a report....I rode my Dad's Motorcycle out there, not my bike, so I have not really worried about the tags or Insurance... One of the cops there towed it. Greg even offered to put it in the back of his truck. My fault, but man this turned out to be a bad day, the theft was bad enough.... Now today is a $1000 day. $400 Stolen, $300+ for the impound lot, and in order to make it right I will have to pay for Ins on the bike, and register it.

well even at 1k i got you with signifigant multiplier. SUX having the insult of being thefted upon then having to deal with city bureaucrats.

Gunns0902

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Cradle of Liberty, TX
    Damn that is a horrible day all the way around. Sorry to hear guys, it isn't always the value of what's taken, more the insult

Indeed..... Anyway, apparently there is a "Civil War Guns Thing" in Helotes in conjunction with their postponed fireworks display. That should cheer me up. Anyone want to tag along.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Well, I think our tactic of having breakfast over at IHOP then walking to the show has come to an end. One of our brethren had his truck broken in to while we were at the show. We suspect thieves realize people are parking there then going to the show, so they sit out in the lot waiting to see who leaves then hitting the vehicles. The odd thing was my windowless Jeep was parked right next to the truck but none of my junk was taken (I learned a long time ago to never leave anything valuable in the Jeep!).

Otherwise, the show was unremarkable. It was always a please taking to the Wakals of Dreadnaught Industries, but seeing that SAXET is now selling tables to a fountain vendor (yep, those ornamental structures people put in their gardens from which water is pumped into the air!) gives the appearance that this event is becoming more of a flea market and less of a gun show!

No fear, Premier is in two weeks and while it too has some non-firearm vendors; at least they try to keep the ratio at a reasonable level. Outside of picking up the GSG 1911 I ordered a few weeks ago, all I picked up was a US flag decal for a buddy at work. Otherwise, it was the same old same old...

Cheers! M2

I missed y'all. you're too hard to spot in a crowd without that big beard. I did notice the fountains though. lol.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    well even at 1k i got you with signifigant multiplier. SUX having the insult of being thefted upon then having to deal with city bureaucrats.

What did they get you for, if you don't mind me asking.

SPyKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Guys, it was great meeting you today, but I was sorry to hear about all the misfortunes of the day. My wife took your advice and tried holding as many pistols as possible. The Glock 42 was okay, but she was more comfortable with the feel of the Sig P238. Probably didn't hurt that a bit later she spotted it in the purple pearl. We have to find a range to try it out for her, but I think we're going to be looking for a good deal on one soon.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Guys, it was great meeting you today, but I was sorry to hear about all the misfortunes of the day. My wife took your advice and tried holding as many pistols as possible. The Glock 42 was okay, but she was more comfortable with the feel of the Sig P238. Probably didn't hurt that a bit later she spotted it in the purple pearl. We have to find a range to try it out for her, but I think we're going to be looking for a good deal on one soon.

My wife has the P238. I special ordered it for her in the rainbow, with the ambi safety. got a great price on that for a special order from an internet company located on the east coast.. I also have a P238 I bought for a good price from Kevin at Independence firearms. I had some issues with my recoil spring. Sig replaced my spring free of charge. I think I bought a "new old stock" gun that might have been sitting around for a year in the box. Sig replaced the springs with a new stiffer version. I rarely cary mine, but ironically, I have it down here in SA. It was closest to me in the safe and already loaded so I grabbed it. My P238 doesn't get any more love because the P938 does more and is just a tad bigger, and also I do love my Kahr 9mm and 40's.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    As some food for thought to all y'all, our guns did NOT get stolen. I have a Sentry Gun Vault mounted in my truck. Thanks to that, our pistols were spared and not out on the street doing harm (IN THE HANDS OF CRIMINALS) to others or being used to commit crimes. If you don't have a good solid way of storing/securing your gun(s) in yer vehicle......I highly suggest it. I purchased the safe from Academy for $100, I believe. It's a small price to pay and WELL WORTH IT, especially after this event. I don't like leaving my firearm in my truck even though I have this in place, but sometimes it is unavoidable (at least for me) and this gives me SOME peace of mind.....y'all have a good one...:peace:

SPyKER, damn glad to meet you & yours, good luck on the pistol search

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    As some food for thought to all y'all, our guns did NOT get stolen. I have a Sentry Gun Vault mounted in my truck. Thanks to that, our pistols were spared and not out on the street doing harm (IN THE HANDS OF CRIMINALS) to others or being used to commit crimes. If you don't have a good solid way of storing/securing your gun(s) in yer vehicle......I highly suggest it. I purchased the safe from Academy for $100, I believe. It's a small price to pay and WELL WORTH IT, especially after this event. I don't like leaving my firearm in my truck even though I have this in place, but sometimes it is unavoidable (at least for me) and this gives me SOME peace of mind.....y'all have a good one...:peace:

SPyKER, damn glad to meet you & yours, good luck on the pistol search

Is IHOP 30.06?

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    it happened when we went into the SAXET Gun show.............No IHOP is NOT 30.06

Yeah I know, just wasn't sure about what point you had to unholster. Still sucks man.

Top Bottom