• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    So, I received this in my alerts reference my supposed reply to this thread:

Your post in thread 2021 Snake Spotting was deleted. Reason: Racial (sort of) pejorative. Cruelty to animals. If you're this tone deaf again - expect a short term ban.

Well, I have not been drinking lately because of a problem with my pancreas - so no posting stuff in a drunken state. So, whatever I posted here that was considered bad enough to have a post of mine deleted and then me given a stern warning, via an alert, about posting a "...racial pejorative (sort of)" is beyond the scope of my imagination. Then to read that my post was deleted due to me having written something about cruelty to animals is preposterous in a thread in which folks are mentioning killing off snakes left and right and I have never advocated killing snakes except maybe in self defense or if needed for food.

I never said I committed cruelty to animals, or anything like it. I wrote about what someone else did. By the way removing a rattler's rattles is not cruel to the snake as it is completely dead dried tissue/skin without any live nerve endings. It is dangerous for people who do not get the warning buzz. Killing the snakes with snake-shot, sticks, and farm implements such as shovels, as many here seem to do in TX, is what is cruelty to animals. I also never once mentioned me doing anything racial and never used a racial term (not even sort of) as the term 'wets' does not refer to a race except in the minds of race baiting liberals. 'Wet' originally meant someone who had crossed the border by way of swimming or wading and race was not a factor. It was later used to mean any illegal alien. Being I worked Border Patrol and Customs Patrol and Customs Investigations and ICE, all my work was relative to border crossings and I can assure you 'wets' come in each and every race from around the world and I have arrested white ones, black ones, brown ones and on and on - there is absolutely nothing racial in my use of that term - not even sort of.

If you were offended by me saying I admired the man who removed the rattles from rattlesnakes, that was said in jest as related to the snakes - was that really so hard to figure based on my past posts. Yet, I did admire him greatly and still do and will always do so. He was a patriot, a hard worker, a fair supervisor, a good friend and a tough old coot who believed defending our borders from the raging tides of illegal aliens entering our nation was a good and patriotic thing to do. You will note, I did not say I admired what he did to the snakes or why he did it but just that I admired him. You - whoever sent me that alert and deleted my post - left it to your own imagination to decide why I admired him and missed the fact it was meant in jest relative to the rattle removal.
    ***************************​
    By the way, I would have sent the above posting as a PM to the mod or admin who deleted my post had he or she the courtesy and respect to have sent me a PM from his or her account so I could know who did it and to whom I should respond. Instead, I got an alert (that shows up on the top right corner of the page when you click on the bell icon) so no way to know who deleted the post or who sent the warning. Thus I posted my inquiry here.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    This may be a more direct way to reach out to mods.
    Screenshot_20210518-235312_Chrome.jpg

Last Monday I parked under a tree, while at my brother's place to feed his animals. Jumped in my truck 30 mins later and had a 2-3ft long rat snake on my hood. I don't know where it went to by the time I grabbed a stick to move it. My wife was not pleased

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have a huge massive post oak tree outside my office and I was sitting at the computer the other day, looking out the window, and noticed something moving up the tree. Went outside to look at it closer, and it was healthy sized rat snake crawling up the tree.

He was gone somewhere up the tree by the time I got back with my camera though.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    So, I received this in my alerts reference my supposed reply to this thread:

Well, I have not been drinking lately because of a problem with my pancreas - so no posting stuff in a drunken state. So, whatever I posted here that was considered bad enough to have a post of mine deleted and then me given a stern warning, via an alert, about posting a "...racial pejorative (sort of)" is beyond the scope of my imagination. Then to read that my post was deleted due to me having written something about cruelty to animals is preposterous in a thread in which folks are mentioning killing off snakes left and right and I have never advocated killing snakes except maybe in self defense or if needed for food.

I never said I committed cruelty to animals, or anything like it. I wrote about what someone else did. By the way removing a rattler's rattles is not cruel to the snake as it is completely dead dried tissue/skin without any live nerve endings. It is dangerous for people who do not get the warning buzz. Killing the snakes with snake-shot, sticks, and farm implements such as shovels, as many here seem to do in TX, is what is cruelty to animals. I also never once mentioned me doing anything racial and never used a racial term (not even sort of) as the term 'wets' does not refer to a race except in the minds of race baiting liberals. 'Wet' originally meant someone who had crossed the border by way of swimming or wading and race was not a factor. It was later used to mean any illegal alien. Being I worked Border Patrol and Customs Patrol and Customs Investigations and ICE, all my work was relative to border crossings and I can assure you 'wets' come in each and every race from around the world and I have arrested white ones, black ones, brown ones and on and on - there is absolutely nothing racial in my use of that term - not even sort of.

If you were offended by me saying I admired the man who removed the rattles from rattlesnakes, that was said in jest as related to the snakes - was that really so hard to figure based on my past posts. Yet, I did admire him greatly and still do and will always do so. He was a patriot, a hard worker, a fair supervisor, a good friend and a tough old coot who believed defending our borders from the raging tides of illegal aliens entering our nation was a good and patriotic thing to do. You will note, I did not say I admired what he did to the snakes or why he did it but just that I admired him. You - whoever sent me that alert and deleted my post - left it to your own imagination to decide why I admired him and missed the fact it was meant in jest relative to the rattle removal.
    ***************************​
    By the way, I would have sent the above posting as a PM to the mod or admin who deleted my post had he or she the courtesy and respect to have sent me a PM from his or her account so I could know who did it and to whom I should respond. Instead, I got an alert (that shows up on the top right corner of the page when you click on the bell icon) so no way to know who deleted the post or who sent the warning. Thus I posted my inquiry here.
    Probably had more to do with WHY your coworker was cutting the rattles off the snakes. If I recall, it was to increase the chance of one of the ( insert racial slur here) getting bitten without the benefit of a warning. And how you admired the man who did that.
    But you do you man.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Killing the snakes with snake-shot, sticks, and farm implements such as shovels, as many here seem to do in TX, is what is cruelty to animals.

Wow! Neckbeard gone PETA. Perhaps overly upcharged ammo you bought for resale is a less cruel New York way of killing poisonous snakes!

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Probably had more to do with WHY your coworker was cutting the rattles off the snakes. If I recall, it was to increase the chance of one of the ( insert racial slur here) getting bitten without the benefit of a warning. And how you admired the man who did that.
    But you do you man.

This is the guy that was saying he was doing people a favor by going and buying up all the ammo last year and selling it at triple what he bought it for. The fact you don't have him on your spreadsheet (he's been on mine since like May or June of 2020) blows me away.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This is the guy that was saying he was doing people a favor by going and buying up all the ammo last year and selling it at triple what he bought it for. The fact you don't have him on your spreadsheet (he's been on mine since like May or June of 2020) blows me away.
    Oh, I keep track of all the neckies that are bold enough to brag about their fuckery.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Saw a Coral snake on a dirt road on my property last week. I ran over him with my 4-Wheeler. By the time I got off the Honda and drew my pistol he was hauling-ass.
    I got off a couple of rounds of 9mm as he raced off into the brush and then hesitated to keep shooting due to the cost of ammo. I wasn't about to go in after him. Once he made it into the brush, he had earned his freedom!
    I normally carry an NAA 22 mini revolver with birdshot in it, but of course I did not have it with me this day.
    He was about 2' long and pencil thin. I was surprised at how small his head was and how fast he was moving.
    That's the only coral snake I've seen in my adult life. The only other one was when I was about 8 years old - which my grandfather killed while mowing the yard of our fishing camp on the East fork of the San jacinto River.
    That's when he taught me, "Red and yellow kill a fella. Yellow black, friend of Jack!"
    I remember asking him who Jack was. He mumbled something, looked annoyed, and said, "What the hell difference does that make? It's a rhyme!"
    I miss that old man. He had a laugh like no other and used to laugh his head off telling his own stories.
    Kinda reminds me of me!
    Edited to state I would have left this snake alone had it not been relatively close to the house and that my young grandchildren were coming up to stay the weekend. I generally have a 100-yard from the house rule for venemous snakes. AND, we used the occasion to pass-on my Grandfather's rhyme - at which time my 8-year old granddaughter asked, "Who's Jack?"

Last edited:

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Killing the snakes with snake-shot, sticks, and farm implements such as shovels, as many here seem to do in TX, is what is cruelty to animals.

Wow! Neckbeard gone PETA. Perhaps overly upcharged ammo you bought for resale is a less cruel New York way of killing poisonous venomous snakes!
    With apologies to "Hoji the Herpetologist" for treading on his turf.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Dog and I both had a close call last night, didn't see this guy until we both almost stepped on it.

AZzDFFx.jpg

Nib8Q0y.jpg

kHP6Mns.jpg

Damn dumbass dog never, ever even saw the snake or if he did, he though it was a stick. He didn't even acknowledge its presence.

My wife had yet to have seen a live, venomous snake since we moved here. I called her out for a little look at the local wildlife. Damn dog started bouncing around like a pogo stick, so we had to take him in the house and come back out for a a peek at Mr. No Legs. Also brought my boy out for a look, so he could see a real venomous snake up close and realize how well they blend in, even when you're close to them.

This guy was over 20 yards from the house, out hunting near some of our tall trees. We let him be, after our little lookie-loo session. All the rain we've had has the grass way tall, but the ground isn't firm enough yet to run the mower over without sinking, so I'm giving it another day to dry out.

This reiterated why we don't go outside at night without footwear or a flashlight. Not that my leather sandals would've been much protection had I stepped on this thing, but it beats being barefoot. I didn't see this snake until we were damn near on top of it. Stupid lab came within a foot of it before I drew him back.

We both got lucky that copperheads are generally chill animals and not usually aggressive or quick to strike.

This one was not small, but not huge. Thinking a juvenile, but maybe a young adult snake. He was probably 18-20 inches long.

Top Bottom