• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Look closely and tell what is going on here???????
    Military Camp

Attachments

• IMG_20210527_131848.jpg
      IMG_20210527_131848.jpg
      318.8 KB · Views: 115

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Looks like he got bit already, but can that lil skinny snek actually eat that big toad?

That's sorta what I was asking. He already tried once from the blood on the back. After the picture we were noticed and they went their separate ways.... Both still alive. That was the first Texas Garter Snake I've seen in years.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Good job. Is the feral cat yours or is it a nuisance cat?

I know it's past my nappy time, but please explain how a feral (stray) cat can be "yours"... does it just mean wild, as in having barn cats, etc?

Nuisance cat. I know, I know....

All the feral cats in suburbia are nuisances!!! And when in the field they get shot for the pheasant and quail egg/baby munchers that they are... I know everything gotta eat, but people need to quit dumping unwanted cats into bird habitat.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I know it's past my nappy time, but please explain how a feral cat can be "yours"... does it just mean wild, as in having barn cats, etc?

All the feral cats in suburbia are nuisances!!! And when in the field they get shot for the pheasant and quail egg/baby munchers that they are... I know everything gotta eat, but people need to quit dumping unwanted cats into bird habitat.

bbbass,

Pardon me for saying that EVERY sort of animal should NOT be dumped into the wild.
    (Here in the SW, it is becoming commonplace to DUMP "unwanted" cats, dogs, snakes, donkeys & other animals in large numbers, to let them starve, be hit by vehicles, to destroy wildlife and/or be eaten by predators.)

yours, satx
    TMN, Alamo Area Chapter

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Dog and I both had a close call last night, didn't see this guy until we both almost stepped on it.

AZzDFFx.jpg

Nib8Q0y.jpg

kHP6Mns.jpg

Damn dumbass dog never, ever even saw the snake or if he did, he though it was a stick. He didn't even acknowledge its presence.

My wife had yet to have seen a live, venomous snake since we moved here. I called her out for a little look at the local wildlife. Damn dog started bouncing around like a pogo stick, so we had to take him in the house and come back out for a a peek at Mr. No Legs. Also brought my boy out for a look, so he could see a real venomous snake up close and realize how well they blend in, even when you're close to them.

This guy was over 20 yards from the house, out hunting near some of our tall trees. We let him be, after our little lookie-loo session. All the rain we've had has the grass way tall, but the ground isn't firm enough yet to run the mower over without sinking, so I'm giving it another day to dry out.

This reiterated why we don't go outside at night without footwear or a flashlight. Not that my leather sandals would've been much protection had I stepped on this thing, but it beats being barefoot. I didn't see this snake until we were damn near on top of it. Stupid lab came within a foot of it before I drew him back.

We both got lucky that copperheads are generally chill animals and not usually aggressive or quick to strike.

This one was not small, but not huge. Thinking a juvenile, but maybe a young adult snake. He was probably 18-20 inches long.

Killed 3 on my place.
    20yds from the house and dogs and kids that for sure would be one dead CH.
    1f1c4c33a0bd2285dc24ae6548b81e9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Well it is official, just got on the side of our house we have discovered that we have a pair, not one but two “copper headed diamondback coral Moccasins”.

:facepalm:

7C14135A-9FE8-49AE-9659-1C34E553CC09.jpeg

gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    I grew up hunting and fishing on lakes, creeks and ponds in East Texas.
    I have many snake stories. I was never bit but have been struck on the old fashioned Snake Leggings I wore when hunting in the Bottoms
    Dog(s) bit and survived
    As others have said, I learned to carry a shotgun with me in the boat
    When we lived in Africa while working for megaoil corp, we had Green and Black Mamba's and Cobras and big Pythons....
    Will have to look from some pics of the Mamba's that was killed in / around the Compound.
    Hope this gif works

Last edited:
    Top Bottom