• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Bought slightly used Trek Marlin on advice from a friend. Hope to go biking on a closed road that's about 20 miles long.

Also plan to buy fogger typed riot pepper spray and an Alien Gear chest rig. Dogs are a serious problem where I live.

Open carry is fine though and growing in popularity.
    I have found that an air horn works just as well, if not better, and you don’t end up eating a bunch of OC spray.
    DK Firearms

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I have found that an air horn works just as well, if not better, and you don’t end up eating a bunch of OC spray.
    Yep Foggers on a bike running from a dog will contaminate the user for sure. Possibly worse than the dog.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Short Salt Lake City ride
    C1C2816B-892D-4146-9A05-77C7E519850B.jpeg
    Complete with some altitude sclera syndrome. The zombie eye will go away in a day or so.
    952524A7-28DF-4B5F-B5A0-93BE33A2993D.jpeg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I started riding again a couple years ago using my 90’s era single speed beach cruiser. That thing was a thigh burner.

Felt like I’d died and gone to heaven the first time I rode my Trek mountain bike. 10 miles is easy on that bike.

I’m getting serious and back on it after tax season. Haven’t had blood in my pee for over 2 months. Looks like I’m healed up.

Spoke too soon. More last week.

Started walking a mile a day, will get up to 3-5. Maybe that will help when I get on the bike.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Did 2 or 3 miles on the bakfiets earlier today. My kids LOVE it![

Mine were too big for a box when I bought ‘em at 7 and 6. Oldest is a genetic freak; won the Army 10 miler amateur category his first year running it. Youngest doesn’t train but wins every swim or bike event she enters as a 25-29 age grouper.

Me, I’m just glad to be able to put miles on the body.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I have a 2020 Cannondale CX Quick. Is there a way to put 29" wheel and tire on a hybrid. The reason why is that I was tboned by a drunk driver and not have 7 bulging disc and 3 herniated ones also. I want to try and see if the added cushion will help me. I was going to get a mountain bike. But looking up to see the road really hurts my neck. That's where 4 bulging disc are.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I have a 2020 Cannondale CX Quick. Is there a way to put 29" wheel and tire on a hybrid. The reason why is that I was tboned by a drunk driver and not have 7 bulging disc and 3 herniated ones also. I want to try and see if the added cushion will help me. I was going to get a mountain bike. But looking up to see the road really hurts my neck. That's where 4 bulging disc are.
    Is it a 700c (standard road) wheel?

If so any 29" will fit, so long as it fits within the frame. Leave bit of room for mud and rocks to pass through

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Top Bottom