• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Plant "root" crops, for storage, carrots, potatoes, parsnip, turnips, and beets, loads of nutrients! While I really do not like beets, I will eat them, and if shortages do occur, food will become a valuable trade item. Get your canning supplies, salt, lids and rings, and jars. If you go to Bucc-ee's or HEB or anywhere they have the glass jars with canned pickles, okra, quail eggs, or whatever, that is shaped like a Mason jar, keep the jar, it is re-usable to can in, standard ball-type lids usually fit these jars. Waste not, want not !! I give my cousin canned foods as gifts, she returns my original Mason jars and gives me jars from HEB, that she bought. Win, for both of us!
    Guns International

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Lettuce and Spinach didn't survive long before it got too bitter to eat. Damn tomato plants are going wild - have at least three volunteers from last year, which haven't started making any fruit yet, but I'm hopeful. Basil and Oregano are doing their herb thing - growing like weeds. My only issue is that I've got a pretty small plot and I planted too many zucchinis, those things are taking over and only one is big enough to eat. My saving grace is the okra - I swear, that stuff could make it through a nuclear holocaust - doesn't hurt that it is one of my favorites to eat. Got a lot of that growing.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I may have made a huge mistake. Watching a YT video, it was suggested using vinegar as a natural insect repellant for plants, and so I tried it out, Burnt the crap out of my tomato and pepper plants, and I have probably lost a few of my pepper plants. When I saw the damage the next day, I immediately rinsed them off with water and watered them with some Miracle Gro.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Between stink bugs, mockingbirds, and blossom end rot, it looks like we're not getting many tomatoes this year. Japanese eggplant are starting to put out blossoms and okra is going well now that it's getting a little hotter. Another couple of weeks when it gets up to the 90s every day and they'll really do great. Long bean plants are now well over 10 feet long, just don't have any beans on them yet. Herbs are the best we've ever had.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I may have made a huge mistake. Watching a YT video, it was suggested using vinegar as a natural insect repellant for plants, and so I tried it out, Burnt the crap out of my tomato and pepper plants, and I have probably lost a few of my pepper plants. When I saw the damage the next day, I immediately rinsed them off with water and watered them with some Miracle Gro.

Neem oil works, but it’s important you don’t spray until late evening or the wet oil will have the same bad effects.

Downside is that it doesn’t kill the insects and will wash away over time with watering.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yesterdays squash haul.
    04c1c327476217c9112a16ccf404f63b.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Neem oil works, but it’s important you don’t spray until late evening or the wet oil will have the same bad effects.

Downside is that it doesn’t kill the insects and will wash away over time with watering.
    I'm just going to buy some new pepper plants. I checked yesterday and so far have lost my ghost peppers, ancho peppers and my habenaro pepper plants.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I use a mix of vinegar, orange oil, and dish soap as a natural herbicide. It also kills fire ants.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    My daughter's raised garden experiment is done for the year. Our new puppy Rogue figured out how to defeat the security barrier.

All the plants shredded.
    Most of the soil is everywhere but in the beds.

Lol

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    OK... I live in Spring. A while back I started a garden. Just some herbs in planter boxes I built. Really nice plants with good growth. First time I went out and harvested some for the kitchen they tasted like jet fuel and insecticide. Forgot I was right beneath the IAH flyway and that the HOA sprays for bugs every nite.
    So much for suburban gardening around here.

Top Bottom