• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    seems like this has moved from the original question. Which 22 to get. Personally i would not worry about tactical stock or anything else in that isle at CTD. Just go to walmart and pick up a plain wood stock 10-22, light relialble and fun to shoot, easy to add optics also and plenty of options for aftermarket hi-cap mags. in a shtf scenario i would want an m1a2 abrams but we cant always get what we want and building an arsenal takes time. Start simple and go from there. Model 60 is also a good rifle, very similar to a ruger in many ways, but the mag options are nice.

You can pick up a used Marlin Model 60 for around $100. Sometimes less if you hunt around. Definitely a good rifle, just kind of a pain in the ass to reload, and not a lot of aftermarket support.
    Lynx Defense

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    my preference is 200 for the ruger, lots of options for optics and magazines capacity. usefull accesaries do not make a barbie gun as some like to believe. I think they are fine off the shelf but i have shot bbl with bipod and heavy hogue stock with great grouping at 100 yrds. Have also shot them with folding stocks, less comfortable but very compact. Its a very versatile platform to build exactly what you want. And in a worst case no law scenario it can be made full auto very easily.(this is illegal). I may be proven wrong but i believe it is based on the m1 gerand which has proven to be reliable in almost all conditions, mine always was. My 2 cents

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    learn somethin new every day. Still my favorite semi auto .22, need to get another one some day, but for now i just steal the model 60 i bought my wife

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    learn somethin new every day. Still my favorite semi auto .22, need to get another one some day, but for now i just steal the model 60 i bought my wife

I'd like to get (build, actually) a 10/22 at some point, but till then I'm very happy with my Model 60.

bloodstainedking

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Go with the Ruger. In my humble opinion it's the best 22 rifle on the market & now you can get the factory made bx-25 high cap mags for it. Don't let anyone tell you a 22 isn't gun enough to take a person down. Anyone that says so, ask them how many people they know that have been shot by a 22, my guess would be zero.

cpileri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    near Fort Hood (Killeen)

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    That's preetty slick.