• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Well, that did not last long thankfully. Upper management sent out state wide email to remove the 30.06 sign from all locations ASAP due to customer complaints.....We will continue to post the 30.07 however, but another win i think...
    Who took the signs down

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    Looking through my "Notifications@texas3006.com" new entries for Houston, I see:

1/13: six of which four are both 06 and 07, two are 07
    1/12: thirteen of which six are both, one is 06 (huh?), and six are 07
    1/11: twelve of which five are both, seven are 07
    and so on.

In total, since the first 3007 notification I saw at the end of December, I have 118 new listings for Houston locations only. I would estimate that maybe 40% are listings with both signs. Clearly many of those business owners or managers were confused, misled, or just decided to be "safe" by putting both signs. Some are clearly illegal, like the Houston Memorial Park Arboretum. Many, though, I would guess considered everything and just put up 07 signs, because they didn't want to scare their customers.

For the new 3006 signs, as well as the general over reaction of many business owners, we can thank, I believe, the open carry NUTS who managed to get extensive news coverage, while looking like a bunch of inbred East Texas bottom people. Some of the 3006 signs may come down in the future, although most probably will not, unless the businesses suffer for lack of concealed carry customers--and I doubt many will notice the loss, especially if they're not told. Frankly, I doubt that even telling the big store manager will make any difference at all. They're big. They get orders from the home office and follow those orders, because they want to keep their jobs.

I told Whole Foods, in a nice message, how much I spend a week on groceries, how CHL holders are only 5% as likely to commit a crime as the general public, and that since Kroger opts to follow local laws wherever they operate--and their organic produce and other product lines have grown extensively--they now have all my business. I didn't even get a form reply. They don't care. CHL holders are a minority that can be legally discriminated against. And now the same applies to the new minority, open handgun carriers.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    You missed the point, but I'll go ahead and agree with you that everywhere is 30.06 now because of the OC guys.

Personally, I won't OC myself, and I have yet to see a single new 30.06 sign since Jan 1, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

That isn't what I said either. Is it that you can't understand or that you are deliberately trying to misstate my position? Because it really isn't that complicated. I have seen some places that when posting 30.07 also post 30.06. I started a thread to see how widespread that might be and maybe see some concrete example if that did happen. You then start with the "but it doesn't have to be permanent you quiter" and now you go all "30.06 postings are due to OC /sarc". None of your comments are on point with the thread. So do your thing but the oh woe is me BS is just that. BS.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The reality is , because of OCT and their ilk, ( thong wearing AK toters) getting so much negative attention, we as a whole have fewer places we can carry. OCT supporters need to quit making excuses as to why all the new signage is going up and just own it.

When I encounter 06/07 signs I will send a polite email letting the 06 business know I will be spending elsewhere ( with a scanned receipt from their competitors) and the 07 businesses I will send a polite email telling them I will be looking for alternatives to shop at and thank them for not posting 06.

We all know why this is happening. We all know how to counter it. OCT needs to just shut the **** up if they are not adult enough to recognize that their tantrum throwing is a root cause of all the new signs.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I'm getting notification of so many 06 & 07 signs (Austin area, who've apparently gone without 06 for 20 years) that I'm starting to feel warm & fuzzy towards those that only post 07.:banghead:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    The reality is , because of OCT and their ilk, ( thong wearing AK toters) getting so much negative attention, we as a whole have fewer places we can carry. OCT supporters need to quit making excuses as to why all the new signage is going up and just own it.

Bullshit. OCT is going around putting 30.06 and 30.07 signs on other people's property? Were they even consulted in the decision? No one's hand is being forced here. Those decisions rest solely on the shoulders of the property owners.

Let them put up the stupid signs. Lets me know where my business is appreciated as a law abiding citizen. For every company that posts them there will be several more who won't.

When I encounter 06/07 signs I will send a polite email letting the 06 business know I will be spending elsewhere ( with a scanned receipt from their competitors) and the 07 businesses I will send a polite email telling them I will be looking for alternatives to shop at and thank them for not posting 06.

Probably the best course of action, along with doing everything we can to get the public on our side through education about gun rights and increasing numbers of gun owners. OC can be a very educational experience to the curious as I can attest to from experience. Don't let a little initial set-back discourage you. We're on the right course and winning fairly quickly, all things considered.

You are entitled to your opinion and are free to disagree with my analysis, but I urge you to consider your time would be spent better by fighting anti-gun sentiment in business and the public rather than insulting people on our side whose tactics you find disagreeable. Don't let yourself fall victim to divide and conquer.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Just wait until business start getting sued for failing to provide adequate security during robberies, assaults, and murders. They'll quickly realize those signs were crime-magnets which cost them a lot of money and take them down.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just wait until business start getting sued for failing to provide adequate security during robberies, assaults, and murders. They'll quickly realize those signs were crime-magnets which cost them a lot of money and take them down.

They have no requirement to provide security for you in a place you go to by choice.

Don't be silly.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Bullshit. OCT is going around putting 30.06 and 30.07 signs on other people's property? Were they even consulted in the decision? No one's hand is being forced here. Those decisions rest solely on the shoulders of the property owners.

Let them put up the stupid signs. Lets me know where my business is appreciated as a law abiding citizen. For every company that posts them there will be several more who won't.

Probably the best course of action, along with doing everything we can to get the public on our side through education about gun rights and increasing numbers of gun owners. OC can be a very educational experience to the curious as I can attest to from experience. Don't let a little initial set-back discourage you. We're on the right course and winning fairly quickly, all things considered.

You are entitled to your opinion and are free to disagree with my analysis, but I urge you to consider your time would be spent better by fighting anti-gun sentiment in business and the public rather than insulting people on our side whose tactics you find disagreeable. Don't let yourself fall victim to divide and conquer.

Education is a 2 way street. OCT provides the wrong kind.

Many property owners are posting signs based on education they received from OCT. Not all, but many. The organization has been a net negative for gun rights.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They have no requirement to provide security for you in a place you go to by choice. You also have no right to security on private property you are choosing to enter.

Don't be silly.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Sent from my HAL 9000

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013

I know that one of the lines gun advocates push but lets face facts. It's stupid. It wont happen and to even act like it might makes you, and all gun owners, look just that much dumber.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I also wouldn't make a private business owner (no matter how misguided on guns) responsible for the actions of a criminal.

Sent from my HAL 9000

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I'm getting notification of so many 06 & 07 signs (Austin area, who've apparently gone without 06 for 20 years) that I'm starting to feel warm & fuzzy towards those that only post 07.:banghead:
    Yeah.
    I've been firing off emails, but I can't fuckin keep up.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    ... We all know how to counter it. OCT needs to just shut the **** up if they are not adult enough to recognize that their tantrum throwing is a root cause of all the new signs.

Had a "conversation" in the DMN op-ed comments section, guy claimed an OC leader (turned out to be OCT, no surprise) had criminal record, and was arrested at the State Capitol, but this guy didn't have the balls to fully explain the circumstances, instead left the innuendo hanging that there was a real gun held by a felon....

Confirmed his point in a Houston Chronicle article, that's my source on the details.

Yes, the guy had a criminal (felony) record, including deadly force components. Yes he was arrested at the capitol - had a toy gun holstered (clearly a toy), but was cuffed and led away. Reading further he was being a jerk and claiming his rights, chip on his shoulder ... just the sort of aggravation LEO's don't need with the press there, etc.

Net: "jerk arrested at capitol"... nothing to see here, move along.

But there it is again, if the Chronicle is accurate, OCT has felons in their leadership, these felons are pushing for open and constitutional carry, and are being major jerks about it. What could possibly go wrong with that?

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I thought it's been common knowledge that a good percentage of OCT are people who for some reason or another can't get a CHL. It especially looks that way when they do thier meets now and there's still people who only have rifles or black powder.

If I were barred from being able to obtain a CHL/LTC, I can't say I would be any less upset and trying to find ways around it, so I don't really have a positive or negative stance on it...this is just what I always thought about the group, and I've heard others say as well.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Never gonna happen. Civil law does not work that way.

Top Bottom