• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scout789

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    lake jackson, tx
    Yesterday I pulled up to a convenience store that I patronize regularly. The volume of business I do there is not large. I stop and get a soft drink and occasionally a Lotto ticket and that's all. I don't buy their gas because they are over priced. I say this because they will not miss my meager amount of business. On one side of the door is a 30.06 and on the other side is the 30.07. I saw these after I had turned off the engine, so I just cranked 'er back up and left.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Yesterday I pulled up to a convenience store that I patronize regularly. The volume of business I do there is not large. I stop and get a soft drink and occasionally a Lotto ticket and that's all. I don't buy their gas because they are over priced. I say this because they will not miss my meager amount of business. On one side of the door is a 30.06 and on the other side is the 30.07. I saw these after I had turned off the engine, so I just cranked 'er back up and left.

Well next time go in and politely ask them if those signs are what they really want.

Anti-gunners are going to places, giving free signs, and lying about what they are for.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Some of these places are the ones who posted 30.06 the first time around. Or even the 30.05 signs before. If they came down once, why do you think we're screwed and they won't come down again?

Sure it will take some periodic lobbying and reminders on our part, but why is it you seem to have given up already without staying in it for the long haul?
    Some of those places aren't the ones I asked about. I asked about places that have just posted 30.06 because of open carry. If they had 30.06 and took it down what would ever make you think they are one of the posters this time around? Why are you refusing to recognize that where we can carry has been limited and right now by speaking about some possible future? And what does recognizing restrictions have to do with giving up? What am I giving up?

CZPistol

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2015
    123 Easy St.
    Well next time go in and politely ask them if those signs are what they really want.

i did just that when I noticed "my" corner store had put up a 30.06 sign last week. A couple days later, they replaced it with a 30.07...but told me I was still welcome to OC in their store.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Mc Donalds was putting up 30.06 and 30.07 signs as recently as last week. First the small signs printed on a sheet of paper, and then the legal signs. I just got word they've been removing the 30.06 signs.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    And what does recognizing restrictions have to do with giving up? What am I giving up?

Accepting restrictions as permanent is giving up. Noticing a restriction as an obstacle that needs to be overcome is not. We've been down this road before. 30.06 signs popped up seemingly everywhere.

Persistence and patience on our part is what it's going to take to get the signs to come down again.

Or you could just give up and accept all the restrictions you see. Question, how many 30.07 signs have you seen since Jan 1, and how many emails or phone calls have you made in response to said signs?

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I have seen none in Kerr County, but I really haven't been looking.

Internet has the tendency to magnify things beyond practical impact.
    Over 80 notices from 30.06.com the past ten days, about 70% from Austin, and the local mostly from places I've not heard of ...
    Not many rat's asses wasted over that ...

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Accepting restrictions as permanent is giving up. Noticing a restriction as an obstacle that needs to be overcome is not. We've been down this road before. 30.06 signs popped up seemingly everywhere.

Persistence and patience on our part is what it's going to take to get the signs to come down again.

Or you could just give up and accept all the restrictions you see. Question, how many 30.07 signs have you seen since Jan 1, and how many emails or phone calls have you made in response to said signs?

I never said any of that crap. I do know that today there are places I can't carry that I could before open carry. Acknowledging that FACT isn't giving up a thing. Big shocker I'm not a open carry guy, mainly because the advocates are particularly objectionable in their actions and rhetoric, so I haven't given up or quit on anything. That ain't my windmill. I'm also not going to pull a MDA and harass businesses I don't use and wouldn't otherwise be going into because MY RIGHTS! or some other crap. I'm sure there are plenty of cheerleader threads about OC but this was started to show and give some concrete examples of where OC may have limited the ability to carry armed in any manner.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    It's troubling on the number of new additions.
    We need to either eliminate 30.06 or take the teeth out .
    Not concerned about 30.07.
    The thing is what if they outlawed wearing underwear or anything for that matter?
    I know it sounds silly but my point is how do they know if it is concealed?
    "Concealed" handguns should not be a crime.
    If you pull it AND act inappropriately then you should pay a big price for THAT.

happywifeguy

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2016
    We tried to take two new EMT's to lunch just outside of Austin today at Wienersnitzel and was surprised to see both signs.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I never said any of that crap. I do know that today there are places I can't carry that I could before open carry. Acknowledging that FACT isn't giving up a thing. Big shocker I'm not a open carry guy, mainly because the advocates are particularly objectionable in their actions and rhetoric, so I haven't given up or quit on anything. That ain't my windmill. I'm also not going to pull a MDA and harass businesses I don't use and wouldn't otherwise be going into because MY RIGHTS! or some other crap. I'm sure there are plenty of cheerleader threads about OC but this was started to show and give some concrete examples of where OC may have limited the ability to carry armed in any manner.

You missed the point, but I'll go ahead and agree with you that everywhere is 30.06 now because of the OC guys.

Personally, I won't OC myself, and I have yet to see a single new 30.06 sign since Jan 1, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

Top Bottom