• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I know that you "vote" for a store with your wallet, but I wish there was a way to let a store know that you will not enter because of the 30.06 sign. It may or may not cost them alot of business, but a dollar is a dollar. I don't think they know that they are losing business because of it.
    Guns International

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I know that you "vote" for a store with your wallet, but I wish there was a way to let a store know that you will not enter because of the 30.06 sign. It may or may not cost them alot of business, but a dollar is a dollar. I don't think they know that they are losing business because of it.

The dollar is the 20th and 21st century religious text... Hopefully it does better... If it doesn't then people like us Dawico can definitely let individual businesses know that they're losing business...

sixguncowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Midland

sixguncowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Midland

When our CHL became effective one of our County Court At Law judges here in Midland went to Hastings Book store and they had a 30.06 sign on the door. He sought out the manager and introduced himself and also told him that he was a CHL Licensee and a CHL instructor. Jim told me he explained to the mgr that he had nothing to fear from CHL holders as they must pass an extensive federal and state criminal background check, and that as long as that sign was up he would not shop there and would advise his CHL classes to avoid shopping there also. The sign came down in less than a week.

Using Grapevine Mills Mall as an example, write the manager and inform him/her very politely that as long as they have their property posted with the 30.06 sign (which criminals are not going to heed anyway) you and your family will not shop there. Send copies of the letter to the managers of Sears, Pennys, Macys, Foleys, & Dillards, whatever the anchor stores are. How long do you think that sign would stay up if say half of the CHL holders in Dallas & Tarrant Counties sent those letters? Money talks, especially in these tough economic times.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station

There is the TSRA sells business card size cards that look like this

View attachment 1677

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Found the link....and prepared to FINALLY join TSRA. I'm already a Life NRA member, but figured that it was time to further support the shooting sports closer to home. Thing is, it then sent me to PAYPAL to pay!!! There is NO way in HELL that I'll send a PENNY via those anti-gun SOB's!!!! I've emailed Charles Cotton - surely, there's an alternative to paying via some other form than PP - if not, then sorry - I'm NOT gonna!!!!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You are absolutely correct. See section 86.002 & sec. 86.003 & sec. 86.004 of the CIVIL PRACTICE & REMEDIES CODE. Effective 8-28-97 & 9-1-97. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/SOTWDocs/CP/htm/CP.86.htm#86.002[url]http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/SOTWDocs/CP/htm/CP.86.htm#86.002[/URL]

That is not correct. You absolutely CAN be sued.

See post 35 in this very thread ;

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...-06-sign-different-entrance-4.html#post127962

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yep. While you can successfully defend yourself - it does NOT mean you can't be sued. An' nowadays, you probably WILL be - which is why it's SO important to say NOTHING without your attorney at hand.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I make sure I always go in and out of the unposted entrances.

I also make sure that concealed REALLY is concealed.

The simple fact is that you may beat the wrap, but in this case, you may not beat the ride, the arraignment and the bond and the lawyer.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    I agree with TI........once you know the mall is 30.06 posted then you knowingly break the law by entering even if you enter through an unposted door. My question is this..........at another mall I know of.....the main door to the food court is 30.06 posted as with some other store entrances but this mall also has a Bass Pro Shop with it's own dorrs to enter. (Which are not posted.) If I enter through the Bass Pro unposted door....and then never leave Bass Pro......never go out into the mall area.....am I breaking the law??

Once you know? Unless you are on surveillance as to having observed the sign, if you enter the mall via the "unsigned" entrance, the only way "they" will know that "you knew" would be if you told them!!!!

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Here is one for you, although somewhat different. Went shopping for a king size mattress over the holidays. I was "packing". Unfortunately, the owner suggested I take off my jacket to lay down on the mattress to give it a test and I declined. Later on during the discussion he asked me if I had a concealed weapon. I said yes. I mentioned to him I was a CHL holder. He said good. If he would have asked me to leave or leave the weapon in my vehicle I would have had to comply although he did not have a 30.06 sign posted.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Why go out of your way to confront someone? If an entrance does not have signage and another does, then you have to ask if they REALLY intend for the property to be "gun free", or stuck some signs up to placate some that protested.

LOL....true. Bottomline: keep the darn weapon concealed, and if you have to use it, then make sure you can communicate why you had it on you and what entrance you used....

Redneck....this is not directed at you, but I am about to say...Geeez...this is really not hard to understand...

Top Bottom