30.06 sign....boycott?

Texan2

TGT Addict
Nov 8, 2008
South of San Antonio
Ok...There are alot of you guys that are much more proficient at organizing protest type messages that I am, so I present this question:
Is there a way to start a petition (if that is the right term), that can be sent to businesses that are CHL unfriendly, (and even the media) making them aware that they are alienating and losing tens of thousands of customers by way of their anti gun stance?
It would make a great news story and if there were enough CHL holders involved would send a great message.
I think the message would have to include stats and fct about CHL holders and why you DO want them in your business. (i.e. CHL holder demographics, CHL holders have a higher amount of discretionary and disposable income...etc.)
I'm sure soneone has already thought of this, right?....

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
A business who posts a 30.06 sign is not necessarily making an anti- 2nd amendment stance. You don't have a 2nd amendment right to carry in their business.

That said, I support your right to avoid businesses that will not allow CHL carry.

Texan2

TGT Addict
Nov 8, 2008
South of San Antonio
Allow me to further frustrate you; Is a business that has a "no food or drink" sign anti food and drink? Or do they simply not want you to bring food and drink into their business?
LOL... No sweat, I'm not frustrated. I think that is a different animal entirely. They are trying to get you to buy THEIR product, which is not the case in the 30.06 sign posting. 30.06 sign is their perceived notion that CHL holders are dangerous or carrying makes their business a more dangerous place to be for their customers.

comparing apples and oranges....

sv6er

Nov 26, 2008
I tend to stay away from 30.06 posted businesses. The logic that warrants these signs, in my opinion, is flawed. They are asking innocent, responsible people to disarm and become defenseless, while boldly advertising that their place of business is full of these disarmed, defenseless people.

I don't want to patronize a business of anyone not rational enough to understand that concept.

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
They are trying to get you to buy THEIR product, which is not the case in the 30.06 sign posting. 30.06 sign is their perceived notion that CHL holders are dangerous or carrying makes their business a more dangerous place to be for their customers.

comparing apples and oranges....
It may be apples and oranges but not in the way you're selling it.

You have absolutely no idea what they post 30.06 and to have done so, means someone made the special effort and did it for a reason. You may not agree with that reason, but it's not for you to decide. I'm more annoyed at the no food or drink thing as they're obviously thinking I'm a careless slob and will spill something.

A 30.06 posting in most cases is silly to me, but the only thing for me is to go in not carrying or not go in. It "IS" my choice.

If you want to share your opinion with the business, have at it. But please don't do it like a reasonable adult unlike a lot of guys suggest they would do if they actually did address it directly with the business principal. :p

Texan2

TGT Addict
Nov 8, 2008
South of San Antonio
You kind of lost me with the last part of that post. :confused:

My point is that there is no logical reason for a 30.06 sign and my question was... would a cohesive, unified approach to those businesses make a difference. I dont know the answer, but it seemed like something that might be considered.

In no way shape or form is there any way to make a reasonable analogy to the "no food or drink"' sign. The 2 signs are posted for completely different reasons. One is to keep a mess from being made or from competing with their food sales. The other...as was mentioned, is to announce that everyone is defensless. I was just wondering if those business owners know what business they are losing....

I have detected that some that post on here like to disect the language, and may not always look at the spirit of the idea that is thrown out for consideration.

Just an observation...

It may be apples and oranges but not in the way you're selling it.

You have absolutely no idea what they post 30.06 and to have done so, means someone made the special effort and did it for a reason. You may not agree with that reason, but it's not for you to decide. I'm more annoyed at the no food or drink thing as they're obviously thinking I'm a careless slob and will spill something.

A 30.06 posting in most cases is silly to me, but the only thing for me is to go in not carrying or not go in. It "IS" my choice.

If you want to share your opinion with the business, have at it. But please don't do it like a reasonable adult unlike a lot of guys suggest they would do if they actually did address it directly with the business principal. :p

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
My point is that there is no logical reason for a 30.06 sign and my question was... would a cohesive, unified approach to those businesses make a difference. I dont know the answer, but it seemed like something that might be considered.

In no way shape or form is there any way to make a reasonable analogy to the "no food or drink"' sign. The 2 signs are posted for completely different reasons. One is to keep a mess from being made or from competing with their food sales. The other...as was mentioned, is to announce that everyone is defensless. I was just wondering if those business owners know what business they are losing....
I'm not saying I can justify a 30.06 posting in most cases, but you're making assumptions that are irrelevant. You cannot assume why the sign is posted; just as it's your right to legally carry, it's their right to post the sign. And since it's not something as simple and arbitrary like posting a no food or drink sign, they do it for a reason.

I think the basic point we are trying to make is, it's their business; it's their right. The only way to enjoy any of our rights is to respect all of our rights.

Ask them why and address that reason if you want to. Some may be doing it for the wrong reasons and would appreciate a reasonable, informative discussion, they may not. Still their right.

Top Bottom