• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Add me to the list of those who claim to have seen black cats - a pair of what I now believe to be Jaguarundi in Coleman County circa 2000. (I was in my '95 Chevy, not the '10 Ford so 2000 +/- 5 years. Much earlier in the 1970s, I (as well a many other folks in the community) sighted a larger black cat over a 2 or 3 year period - also in Coleman County.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    While limited to 6 rounds, on this proven super strong frame you could get absolutely retarded with your hand loads :)
    https://ruger.com/products/superRedhawkStandard/specSheets/5524.html
    Then when it's empty you can beat the bear over the head with it.

I'll probably get this one: https://ruger.com/products/gp100MatchChampion/specSheets/1775.html

1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      10.8 KB · Views: 201

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I've only read page 1 of this thread.

My suggestion: Quit worrying about animal attacks.

The chance of such happening isn't impossible, mostly improbable and not worth the anxiety.

Or stay home.......

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    There is some great stuff in this thread. Take 5 and read through.
    I have reached the conclusion those jaggerrands probably only dine on Jackalopes. Now we had a big black panther scare in the hick town where we specialized in violating the civil rights of every dirt bag brave enough to come try to steal something. The good looking lady dog catcher who wore the tight wranglers thought she seen one down at the duck pond. So the folks in the know swooped in on us. The zoo..rabbit sheriffs..Texas Ranges outlaw hunters etc. Come to find out it was a huge black house cat who laid up on a yuppie front porch in a highly adjacent other town. Do y’all know about the Caddo Critter by chance?

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX

The chance of such happening isn't impossible, mostly improbable and not worth the anxiety.

Or stay home.......

No worries here. Simply preparation. I now have the info I requested. Feel free to read though the rest of the thread. It actually is quite interesting.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels

Or stay home.......

While odds are different, basically the same philosophical argument used by anti gun groups regarding concealed carry....

Good short read with relevant info at this link by Larry Mudgett regarding handgun use in dangerous animal defense.

http://www.marksmanshipmatters.com/dangerous-predators-stopped-with-handguns/

His disclaimer:

”I have studied the subject of Predator Defense for 55 years. I have obtained information about the events described in this article from newspaper accounts, personal interviews, periodical publications and books on the subject. I have described these accounts to the best of my recollection. While all the details are not available, the principle facts reported here are generally correct.”

Interesting personal note, I can vividly recall one of the incidents, from an article in either Outdoor Life or Field and Stream from back in the 80’s...the recount of the grizzly released from a bear trap by a game warden. There were 6-8 (IIRC) actual photos from the story from a pic of the warden, positioned on top of the trap, releasing the cage door, to the bear exiting the trap to the bear immediately turning and grabbing the guy, to the ranger on the ground with the attacking bear on top, to the guy staggering away from the dead bear with a revolver in his hand. That story left an impression in my brain of the concept “don’t give up!”

Added:

Story is here from Field and Stream.

I had the last bit wrong about the end, ....the guy was sitting on a log getting treated for injuries with his pistol holstered.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/hunting/2008/01/grizzly-attack-caught-camera#page-19

I was a single Airman stationed in Great Falls MT when I read this story. I had done a lot of hiking and camping back then either unarmed or maybe carrying a Mossy 500 (but it was mostly a camp gun.

Made me go out and buy a .357 that I wish I still had...LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom