• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ColdDeadHands

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Houston, TX
    My truspec pants that I had in blue faded pretty fast, I think the 5.11 are more comfortable just my
    The 24/7's do have a different cut...I like the 24/7 cut better then the 5.11 but the cotton 24/7's are a bit heavier then the 5.11's. The color of my cotton 24/7's seems to hold up better too. 5.11's usually fade after the first wash.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ive got black truspec BDUs.
    they fade every few months. and when i think about it i jsut throw them in the washing machine with no soap and a bunch of dye.
    ill find the box of dye soon and post the name. but it works like a charm.
    i only know abut dyeing things black though.

ethan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth (Currently in Iraq)
    i'm surprised no one has tapped on it yet but Woolrich has a tactical line called Woolrich Elite, from wearing both, i have to say that i much prefer the woolrich pants over 5.11's, much more comfortable, dont fade, and dont shrink, the front thigh pockets are rubberized so if you carry your phone or what have you and it catches a splash your phone wont get wet. i got mine on sale at Cheaper than Dirt about a year ago, like 20 bucks a pair, couldnt pass up

[url]http://woolricheliteseriestactical.com/[/URL]

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I forgot about the woolrich line, haven't tried them, but have seen some of their shirts that look good (just not in my size)

ethan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth (Currently in Iraq)
    also i would definetely reccomend Eotac, they're a little newer but their stuff is top notch, if not the pants definetely the shirts, and also for pants, Riggs Workwear by Wrangler, the Ranger pant, more for straight range work, not very dressy but very rugged, one cool little plus with these is that the corner hem of the thigh pockets have a leather flap sewn on it which is nice for guys that carry a knife there because i know i've worn out a couple pockets because i wear my knife in the same place always

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I have been wearing the 5.11 trousers for years and am very happy with them. I recently picked up a pear of the new Blackhawk Warrior Wear trousers and while I won't replace my 5.11's with them for everyday wear they are much better for "high impact" applications I think. The knee's and butt are much more reinforced. They have magazine/cell phone pockets on both legs. The cargo pockets have elastic straps in them for holding rifle mags. The rear pockets also have molle webbing for use with pouches if needed for your particular use case.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Warrior-Wear-Tactical-Pants,188,76.htm

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    An update!

I found my first hole in the 5.11 pants today. it is right inside the right rear slash pocket where I keep one of my knifes. I have been really happy with them and will buy more for sure. The next pair might even get treated a little better. LOL! But this pair is on one of it's last days on the job. I will still wear them to the range and fishing and hunting for sure.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I found my first hole in the 5.11 pants today.

That hole has been there .....

bigcountry2.jpg

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I wear 5.11 tacticals for range use and when I am teaching, working a PPO job where no suit is required, etc, but not for everyday wear. I like to go more incognito.

I did just get 5.11 coverts that I really like, along with some dress style shirts. The pants have teflon to repel stains. They are practical without screaming "tactical".

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Yeah I like to wear the 5.11 Tactical pants in uniform because they have a place for my spare flash light batteries (AA), my gloves (when it's cold), I can get into the pockets with my gun/gun belt on, and the way the belt loops are designed and set up it's easier to get my gear right where I want it than with my issued pants. I will buy a pair of the tacilight pro pants next and see if they fade as fast as the regular tactical pants. I would like to get a pair of the covert pants to so I can carry all my crap around with out be so tactical looking, as that is not always a look I want to convey.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom