• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX

They are using the laws, regs, and tools, implemented to fight illegal activities and terrorism against peaceful protestors and their supporters. Other reports indicate the police are going after businesses that even did transactions with the protestors in Ottawa. Further, they are introducing legislation allowing the use of these tools permanently exclusive of the Emergencies Act, that is anytime they deem fit!

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It was a textbook “peaceful protest”. I’m really surprised they were able to keep a group that large on such good behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, they are Canadians after all.

I'm beside myself today, Trudeau has took steps closer to making Canada more like the country he has praised, China. Although I've only been to British Columbia countless times, I always considered Canada as the closest to what the U.S. is. I imagined dictatorships would always be quite distant from the U.S., because they wouldn't allow it near their own borders. Yet the Biden administration spurred this on. My fear now is how long before we see it here? You know many in D.C. wants it.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Think this totalitarian bs will live a long or short life?

If not over relatively quickly, I can see this situation devolving eventually into bread lines and other endless lines for things like toilet paper, soap etc. imitating the old soviet union in it's past inglorious years.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Think this totalitarian bs will live a long or short life?

If not over relatively quickly, I can see this situation devolving eventually into bread lines and other endless lines for things like toilet paper, soap etc. imitating the old soviet union in it's past inglorious years.
    North China.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX

Another Democrat who can't do basic math - confiscate trucks of protestors and sell them to other firms. In the meantime, there are fewer trucks on the road at a time of growing shortages due to - driver and truck shortages.

I almost wish they would try it as it might sway more voters to realize that the Democrats are not here to help anyone but the party - not the citizens, not the country, or even their own lower-level party members, just those in Congress and their leadership!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

Another Democrat who can't do basic math - confiscate trucks of protestors and sell them to other firms. In the meantime, there are fewer trucks on the road at a time of growing shortages due to - driver and truck shortages.

I almost wish they would try it as it might sway more voters to realize that the Democrats are not here to help anyone but the party - not the citizens, not the country, or even their own lower-level party members, just those in Congress and their leadership!
    Wait until we have our own 'Freedom Convoy', maybe then they'll do the math. Does anybody really believe these democratic states decided to end their own mandates coincidentally during the Canadian Freedom Convoy because of science?

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Wait until we have our own 'Freedom Convoy', maybe then they'll do the math. Does anybody really believe these democratic states decided to end their own mandates coincidentally during the Canadian Freedom Convoy because of science?
    Honestly, the freedom convoy to DC is not nearly as good an idea as it going down to the border...
    This DC convoy is a perfect cover for some letter agency op justifying more bad precedent.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    The dim-oc-rats never miss a chance to abuse any crisis. I have no doubt that they will turn the freedom convoy to DC into something it is not and use it to their advantage. How long would it take for Nantzi to get Ray Epps a CDL and a truck? :)

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Honestly, the freedom convoy to DC is not nearly as good an idea as it going down to the border...
    This DC convoy is a perfect cover for some letter agency op justifying more bad precedent.
    Ask yourself this, did the Canadian Freedom Convoy accomplish anything?

I'm not sure what your answer is, but mine is absolutely!

It showed to the world that the Canadian government will use double standards when comes to protests. (Look at the difference between the BLM protests and the Freedom Convoy)

It showed that an actual peaceful protest can bring attention, no matter how much they try to smear the protest as violent, people know, and they have the video evidence to prove it.

It showed how fast a government can resort to totalitarian means to get what they want.

It showed how police can disregard their oath and resort to violence against the peaceful populace and laugh about it.

I can go on, but what will the U.S. Convoy accomplish?

Well that has yet to be seen, but I expect much the same, and that means many more opening their eyes to what our country has become. That to me means more push back, and our country is in dire need of a backbone.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area

I'm not sure what your answer is, but mine is absolutely!

It showed to the world that the Canadian government will use double standards when comes to protests. (Look at the difference between the BLM protests and the Freedom Convoy)

It showed that an actual peaceful protest can bring attention, no matter how much they try to smear the protest as violent, people know, and they have the video evidence to prove it.

It showed how fast a government can resort to totalitarian means to get what they want.

It showed how police can disregard their oath and resort to violence against the peaceful populace and laugh about it.

I can go on, but what will the U.S. Convoy accomplish?

Well that has yet to be seen, but I expect much the same, and that means many more opening their eyes to what our country has become. That to me means more push back, and our country is in dire need of a backbone.
    This government has already shown it's hand, though. They will make sure something like Jan. 6 happens again, and then crack down.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This government has already shown it's hand, though. They will make sure something like Jan. 6 happens again, and then crack down.

Sadly, I believe this will be the result.

The Freedom convoy had very specific issues that they were protesting which were well known and understood. I don’t know which specific issues the American convoy is protesting. So getting a clear message of what they stand for obviously isn’t happening, at least not to the same degree as the Canadian convoy.

The second issue is that I have less faith that Americans will be as well behaved in the face of violence and force, both government and government supported groups like BLM and Antifa. I believe the American truckers will be attacked and probably defend themselves. Regardless of whether they fight back or not, they will be portrayed as the cause of the violence. But I just think Americans have more “fight” in them and it will be used against them.

The Canadians held fast in their resolve to be peaceful in every way, far beyond what I could imagine or expected. To the point it was just about impossible to paint them as violent. So much so that politicians were down to claiming the play on words for Free Hong Kong (Free Honk Honk) meant heil Hitler. The amount of sheer self control needed by everyone involved is crazy. Especially given what the government was doing to them and their families in retaliation.

I just don’t believe the American convoy will maintain that degree of discipline and as soon as someone slips the media will pounce. And without a clear message of purpose before they even start it will be much easier for the media to set the narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I find it persuasive that Canada, one of the most locked-down countries in the world, suddenly decided to start lifting mask mandates in the middle of the Freedom Convoy protest. Prior to the protest, they were making noises about continuing the lockdown and mask mandates, well, basically forever. That went away during the protest.

I sure hope that's causation and not just correlation. I have faith that such is the case.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Sounds like they are traveling on I40... Anyone out in the panhandle going to greet them?
    Day 3: Friday, February 25
    Morning: Depart Lupton on I-40 eastbound through New Mexico
    Evening: Arrive in Glenrio, Texas, for an overnight stay

Day 4: Saturday, February 26
    Morning: Depart Glenrio
    Evening: Arrive in Elk City, Oklahoma, area for an overnight stay

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Guy I know made a great point on his vlog....

The antifa protests and trucker protests have proven something.....public, peaceful, law-abiding protests no longer work. In fact, they become dangerous to the protesters. What seems to work now are the anonymous, violent, and secretly-funded protests like blm & antifa use. Politicians and police have no fear of using force against the peaceful, but they hesitate to go against the aggressive....especially when they can be doxxed. Times have changed....for the worse, I'm afraid.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom