• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    I am now a guinea pig....traded my '08 F250 for a new '12 on Friday. Fingers crossed that I don't have the same problems I did with the 6.4L.
    I have a friend that has one and so far he loves it. I would guess he is around the 20k mark now and no hiccups.

We have three 6.0s left that we need to unload on someone. Lucky we have a few 7.3s left to carry on until next year.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    RUN AWAY get a DuraMax!

Yup, I only have exhaust problems a couple times a day that throws codes which then prevent regen of the DPF system, which i have to clear with a code reader i have to keep in the truck then drive until it decides to regen which is usually between 10 and 30 miles. The Duramax is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    the ford 6.7 smokes the duraslack for power and fuel economy. hell my other is an 2012 gas burner for with a 6.0 and it will leave the duraslacks pulling hills loaded used it today pulling about 10,000 pounds of ceder wood and still got 11.5 mpg. i wouldn't buy anything from government motors but thats just me.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Intent was to get opinions on the actual engines...not the politics behind their maker. I merely asked about the 6.4 because I didn't know if it was as big a p.o.s. as the 6.0 it replaced.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I know a couple of guys that have had multiple engines replaced. Ford hooked me up with a great warranty but i'd much rather have a great engine.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I know it's a little of topic but I was shocked. This morning I sold (wholesale auction) an 06 F250 XLT, V10, 5 spd, with only 40k. It went for diesel money. Wholesale BB is $12750, I sold it for $17100! BB for the 6.0 is $17450.

longbarrel505

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    san antonio
    I own a 6.0 and work on the 6.4l also here at work. I have had the cab off my 6.0 twice because I just keep blowing head gaskets because of my heavy foot and insane tunes I put on it. 6.0 isnt bad as long as you delete or upgrade the egr cooler and oil cooler. I would also recommend studding the heads on the 6.0l. once you do that and keep the tune mild and your foot out of it that engine is great. The 6.0 has the best transmission behind it, but a duramax or dodge with an allison and you will be doing trans work. I will keep my 6.0 with the better interior and features and keep my foot out of the pedal after I put my heads back on this round. This past month we replaced 3 6.4l engines at 15000$ per rebuilt engine, that's without labor. 7.3 is definitely the way to go but you lose out on the newer features in the trucks.

Top Bottom