• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    taking my now deceased Mother to a doc appointment.. the first had been hit as we left her home.. while in the doc's office the second one impacted .. i can tell you that everyone thought the first was an accident .. watching the second one fly in on live TV changed all our lives forever..

to this day the site of them coming down moved me (and sure all of you) more than any other single thing in my life..

Last edited:

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Working my first real full time job post military for the phone company. After completing the shift went to my part time job at St John Ambulance and prepped supplies for the team that was on the way to help.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Working, as usual. Had tv on in conference room, I did go down and donate blood thinking it was going to be in demand.

Friend of mine had daughter born this day. Talk about bittersweet

sent from my cell phone, far far away but still monitored by the NSA

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    I was at home when the first plane hit. My family was out of state so I was alone. The thought that it wasn't just an accident hadn't really occurred to me until the second plane hit. That happened while I was driving into the office. They still hadn't confirmed it as a terrorist attack but I knew enough about aviation to know that the chances of two planes hitting almost the exact same area on accident was slim to none. Although I was still having trouble wrapping my head around it being an attack I couldn't come up with any other logical conclusion.

Then the Pentagon was hit. I don't even remember hearing about Flight 93 until later. We were clearly under attack. My office was fairly close to DFW International Airport so they sent us all home. I remember driving home and was just pissed. Mostly because I knew we were reacting out of fear and that on that day the terrorists had won a huge victory. Not just in the thousands of lives lost but in the shiver of fear they sent down the spine of nearly every American.

I remember getting home and seeing empty sky. I live 10 miles from DFW Airport so planes are common. The silence was eery. I can't remember ever living in this area and not seeing planes in the sky. The emptiness was just so wrong.

I'll never forget. I was one of those people who thought we had terrorism under control, that it was a "police matter" that we didn't want to legitimize by using military force. So many of us were deluded. Sadly, despite how brazen and devastating that attack was, many of us still are.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    At work, in New Jersey. We first heard about the first plane hitting the first tower on the shop's radio and my first thought was that it was a really horrible accident. With JFK, LaGuardia and Newark airports in close proximity, it didn't seem far fetched.
    Then we were hearing mention of a possible terrorist attack. I remember my boss found this battery operated B/W TV with an antenna on it that him and I needed to go outside in order to get any reception. When we finally did a few moments later we watch as the towers fell. I just remember commenting on how they were just gone.

I never forget though how beautiful that day was weather wise. It's just part of the whole memory for me.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I had just got off work from the graveyard shift. Was on the web on ICQ chat when one of my friends asked me if I was alright. I said yea, why? She asked how close I was to NY. I said not at all, I'm in Tx. I turned the tv on and saw it. Glued to the tv at that point.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    A coworker asked my boss where he was and he said he didn't know. I was more than a little disgusted with that response. Am I overreacting?

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    I was In school, In My Biology class, They sent all of us to the Gym and Told Us.. We would be getting out early and those who couldn't leave would stay in the gym Until otherwise said to leave. I don't remember being scared like the rest, But it was the first time I EVER wanted to become a Marine... Too bad you had to be 18.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    I was a sophomore in college on my way to class and heard about it on the radio. I really didn't get it until I was in the student center and watched the second tower get hit.
    I was able to visit NYC that December, I had not seen the towers previously but the devastation was unbelievable. There was soot embedded in cross walk signs blocks away from ground zero.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Sophomore in high school. My mom kept me at home and my dad pulled all his employees off all the high rises in Dallas and sent them home (w/ full pay) in case Dallas got hit as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

DamnYankee76

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Blanco
    I was at work in Milford, CT. That is about 50 miles, as the crow flies, from NYC. I work for a software company and we were holding a training class at the time with about 15 people there from all over the country. There were people from as far away as CA and WI. I was in the office when a coworker walked in and said "some jackass flying in NYC clipped one of the Twin Towers". Thought nothing of it until someone else came in and said 2 planes had hit the towers. We grabbed a TV out of a closet and put it on. One of our attendees had a brother working at the Pentagon. My sister worked at a restaurant across the street from one of the towers. Luckily, it was too early for either of them to have been at work.

I know a LOT of people who lost friends/family members or acquaintances that day. Going down to "Ground Zero" as the cleanup had begun is still one of the most infuriating and humbling experiences of my life. I've been in NYC dozens and dozens of times and in that spot particularly on many occasions and have NEVER heard it that quiet with that many people around. To this day, I get pretty quiet and a little emotional on this day, every year. I was glued to the TV for about 8 days after that and I remember just sitting and crying for hours on end. Yes, I'm a big softy when it comes to shit like that and I'm not afraid to admit it. I love my country and was heart broken that she had been attacked and innocent people had died for no reason.

Medic738

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    I was in 6th grade Texas History Class. A teacher came in crying that we needed to watch TV. We hooked it up just in time to see the second plane hit the second tower. I will never forget that day.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    Thanks to all who posted on here. This day brings a tear to my eye as well and not ashamed to admit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Was asleep dad woke me up thought he was kidding, what stands out in my mind really was the sound of no aircraft while hunting squirrels the next few days. I could hear everything things I never knew you could hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I remember that silence as well...It was something I have never heard before and remember talking to coworkers about it. We did catch a glimpse of some air traffic out of Fort Dix and Mcguire AFB, but overall, strangely silent and clear blue skies. It causes me to pause thinking about it right now.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Where were you when you heard about the twin towers in nyc.
    Eating french toast in the base cafeteria watching it on the news while it happened. I remember everyone saying "wow, what a terrible accident" after the first plane hit. Then when we all saw the second plane come in, it was obvious it was not an accident. There was a brief moment of shock and then everyone dropped their breakfast without much of a word and hurried to their posts. Pretty surreal stuff...

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I was in my freshman year of college. It was my day off from classes (I believe) and my mom had the TV on. I remember them talking about how they thought that it was a small commuter plane that had possibly gotten lost in some early morning fog. My how that changed once the second plane hit. From that instance on we knew we were under attack. Still gives me a chill down my spine thinking about it.

swcc22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    fannin county
    Was still drunk from the night before.
    I was on liberty at our apartment in little creek.
    Had an MA knock on our door to ask us why we weren't answering our pagers and where UA. I show him our liberty chits and he walked and turned on our tv.
    Very sobering.
    I knew it was time to earn our paychecks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom