Patriot Mobile

95% of population should not go to college...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Good for her! That's a lot of hard schooling and despite what a few in this thread think, not something stupid people are generally capable of. I wish her the best. Does she know what kind of veterinary medicine she wants to practice yet?
    I think she was considering large animal practice.
    Tougher to get into vet school than med school.

She must be extremely sharp.
    Both my nieces are extremely smart. Plus her patients will be harder to diagnose since they can't talk!
    ARJ Defense ad

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I think she was considering large animal practice.

Both my nieces are extremely smart. Plus her patients will be harder to diagnose since they can't talk!

Only 32 vet schools in the US.

Honestly, I go to RN school and make >$100/hr doing travel nursing, work like a dog for a a few years then either cut way back or go to noctor ”training”.

I know one vet that is happy. The rest bitch that they don’t get paid nearly as much as physicians.

Either way, good for her. Sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...one does not get a high IQ by attending college. Intelligence is a trait some people are born with (others less so). Some highly intelligent people never attended college. My grandfather didn't make it to junior high, but he could...

If only everyone with a high IQ understood this.

Speaking of grandfathers, my fraternal grandfather was a minister, evangelist, complete with tent revivals and the whole nine yards. I was always amazed that he taught himself Greek, Hebrew, and Latin so that he could better understand his collection of Bible reference books. Dirt poor in the middle of Mississippi, the man was reading Greek, etc. Amazing man. I wish I had known him instead of getting those stories second-hand from my parents; he died a couple of years before I was born.

My point? A high IQ can be a real blessing if you put it to work and neither your lack of education or life circumstances can stand in the way...just so long as you're willing to put in the work.

People who think they can slack off because they have a high IQ? For them, intelligence is a curse.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Another sad story from NPR about a woman who has $60K in student load debt (no degree), two kids with her partner (not married I guess from story) who also has large student debt. She and so many others are way overdue for a wake-up call about student loans. They need some truth and tough love from Dave Ramsey about a borrowed future.

Attachments

• Student-Debt_Final.jpg
      Student-Debt_Final.jpg
      114.4 KB · Views: 34
    Top Bottom