• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My gun stays in the night stand. If someone breaks in they can have it after they get through the alarm, 100# German Shepherd and the stay at home mom that has a gun within a few feet of her at all times. If they did steal my pistol and can I'll buy another one. I'm not restrictions my access to it in an emergency for the "what if" of someone breaking in.

This is pretty much my scenario as well (mine is not a 100# GSD, though), I just don't leave a can in my nightstand, that's what I was most curious about.
    Venture Surplus ad

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    I was like this seems like a good idea until I saw the price. :-)

Anyone looking to do this at a lower price point can purchase a complete CMMG 9mm lower with stock and all for just under $300. Cut a few of the premium parts off the upper and you can be closer to the 1k mark.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I have the Colt 9mm AR with a 16" barrel, and the AE 147g are not supersonic out of it. A suppressor works very well on it.

You may want to note that my barrel had a 1/2x36 thread, which required a different adapter then my pistols. I guess it was done to prevent a .223 flash hider from being accidentally used. If I zero it with a NATO 124g ( a hot load) and very accurate, the 400yd mark on my scope is exactly on target with a 147g at 50 yds suppressed.

Your build sounds pretty sweet!

Last edited:

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Like I said you can do this build for a lot cheaper. Considering what I paid for 3 Noveske rifles, this was cheap. Considering that you'd pay $3500-$7000 for an MP5 clone, again this seems like a quality cheaper alternative.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    Scott I was just being a smart ass about the price. Build what you want. Maybe you'll let me shoot this one as you have let me shoot your other guns in the past.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Like I said you can do this build for a lot cheaper. Considering what I paid for 3 Noveske rifles, this was cheap. Considering that you'd pay $3500-$7000 for an MP5 clone, again this seems like a quality cheaper alternative.

Brethren Armament makes nice MP5 clones for a little less than 3k FYI

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom