• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Sarah has a good point. Posting 30.06 signage might be a bit passive aggressive if you haven't simply had a conversation along the lines of "Look, I'm not real comfortable with a gun in my house. We need to discuss this."

That being said, that level of fright at the concept of a firearm in responsible possession inside your home is a bit baffling to me, and I'm sure it baffles others around here. Would you feel the same if it was a different inert object, such as a hammer? It's not as though the gun owner will allow your child to play with it.

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    As a woman...I would be more concerned with letting someone live in my home that I dont know....the good news is if he has a chl you know he doesn't have any criminal convictions. At the end of the day...your house your rules.....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Welcome to the forum.

As a person who carried often I would go to peoples houses and places all the time without declaring I had a gun on me. If I did my job right they never knew anyway. Just like you didn't know until you asked. But, staying at someone's house is different I guess. There's a good chance he just naturally assumed Texan = gun friendly guy. Kids or not. Many families have infants that grow up around firearms. Responsible gun owners ensure those infants have no way of accessing them.

Anyway, If I was staying with you I probably would have let you know I carry a gun and have guns and if you had a problem with it I would have likely stayed somewhere else.

Oh. The unfortunate aspect of you being not gun friendly, coming to a board asking a question like that to gun people that for the most part live every day with guns, probably isn't going to blow over all that well with some.

Post removed.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    If you have a problem with the individual carrying a gun in your home, tell him and not us. Just simply state that you understand that they are CHL holders and that when the gun is not on their person that it be locked in a container so your children do not have unfettered access. You may explain that your children have not had the advantage of gun saftey training and may not know how to react.

This might be a good time to engage your friends in helping introduce your children to gun safety but then again it may not be the right time.

My Mom hates guns but I am a full blown gun nut. Always have been. She recognises it as a phobia, an unnatural fear. So when I go visit, I take along a small lock box where I can store my weapon(s) while at her house. It is not much but it would keep young fingers away from the weapons. It was about $40 at an office store. It is insulated to give it some fire resistance.

If you don't want him to carry, you don't have to post signage in english and spanish. Just tell him as much or hand him a written statement as much.

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Robbie, you mentioned he keeps the gun unloaded. If so, he's carrying a paperweight.
    All else aside, just sit and talk with him. If he seems unreasonable, ask him to leave. That is a period.
    Unpopular as it may be here, what a man says goes on his own property.

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Welcome to TGT Robbie

If the roles were reversed, would you disclose you carried? Concealed means no one is supposed to know unless it's down and dirty time. But I recognize that's not easily done 24/7 inside a home.

Thanks! Great info there. Regarding the last, just being honest and again, reiterate, I have no issue with people having guns, it's just my personal preference to not have one as it is for those who have guns. The family in question I do not know (my wife only knows his wife) so just making sure all the t's are crossed and the i's dotted and my family protected. Thanks again.

You and the misses have apparently agreed they can stay in your home so I'm confused why you later add that you don't know them. Also, my opinion is your family is more safe with a CHL holder and firearm in the house.

That said, I invite you and the wife to the range if interested. We can start with pellet guns if you prefer (if the seals are still good), move to the small caliber .22 and up a little more as comfort increases. I go to a gun club not far from Huntsville and 90% of the time I shoot it's only me and my guest so there isn't a constant barrage of gun fire, no outside pressure and time limits, or a bunch of strangers eyes to make you feel uncomfortable. If interested feel free to send me a PM.

Without getting into the myriad of variables, ultimately it's up to you and the wife since it's your home.
    Best of luck in your decision. Curtis

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I guess I should mention that your "guest" and his wife are welcome as well however that is completely up to you.

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    AAron, while the man is living there, it is his premises as well. Same as an apartment tenent. 30.06 is non applicable in that situation. The OPs option, if the man refuses to not have the gun in the home, is to not allow him to live there.

Also, as a point of fact, signs do NOT have to be posted to put 30.06 in effect when it applies.
    How do you figure TI? On one hand I understand but on the other this is a private residence, not a hotel or any type of public access building.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    If he is living there it is just like a hotel. 30.06 would not apply. Of course, the OP does not have to let him live there.
    Got it. I thought you were saying if the guest was allowed to stay it would be the guest's choice whether or not to be armed.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I don't see where 46.02 calls for a contractual agreement. ??

No, sir - but a guest has a different legal standing than a tenant/resident, would you not agree?

For example - you're a guest in my home that's overstayed your welcome. LEO can come in and remove. If you are paying ANY sort of rental, however, you now have a landlord/tenant arrangement, and as such you must follow eviction procedures.

twraska

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Personally if I were uncomfortable with someone having a gun in my house I'd be uncomfortable with them living with me. With that said, if you are uncomfortable with him having a gun in your house, and OK with him, why not just ask him to lock it in his car? I doubt the 3 year old can get in a locked car or,,,,,, have him lock it in a small safe while in your house.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    No, sir - but a guest has a different legal standing than a tenant/resident, would you not agree?

For example - you're a guest in my home that's overstayed your welcome. LEO can come in and remove. If you are paying ANY sort of rental, however, you now have a landlord/tenant arrangement, and as such you must follow eviction procedures.

I agree on your point here. However, landlord tenant disputes are tricky. LEOs walk a careful line when dealing with removing guests. If you let me move in, even for a short period of time, a landlord-tenant relationship is established; regardless of paperwork.

In regards to PC 46.02, I don't believe a lease agreement is required. I could be wrong. It is Thursday, and would be the first time this week....... ;)

Top Bottom