• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Um - TXinvestigator - Am I wrong about TX law? Employers cannot keep employees from having firearms in their parking lot - not their buildings (premesis) though right? As a property owner, I'd think I'd be able to limit guns however I want on my property. All of mine are normally locked in a safe until next year when my twin boys turn 18 because I don't want to be running afoul of the sub 17 laws. Please educate me if I'm wrong.

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    If I live there then I have property rights, too

THIS

I had a family member who was sleeping on my couch for awhile while she was "between jobs" and whatever else.

After a few months of sleeping till noon and being a general drain on my household, I told her it was time to find another couch to crash on. There was someone else willing to take her in, but the qualification was that she would be expected to work (On their farm).

A battle ensued, and as it turns out, since she was "living" in my home, she had just as much, if not more rights to it as I did. I was no longer the primary resident, I was the "landlord" and subject to those laws... meaning I had to take her to court to evict her and the police refused to do anything.

I could not legally remove her from my own house.

TrevX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    THIS

I had a family member who was sleeping on my couch for awhile while she was "between jobs" and whatever else.

After a few months of sleeping till noon and being a general drain on my household, I told her it was time to find another couch to crash on. There was someone else willing to take her in, but the qualification was that she would be expected to work (On their farm).

A battle ensued, and as it turns out, since she was "living" in my home, she had just as much, if not more rights to it as I did. I was no longer the primary resident, I was the "landlord" and subject to those laws... meaning I had to take her to court to evict her and the police refused to do anything.

I could not legally remove her from my own house.

That's a scary thought....wow.

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    I wonder - is there a minimum time to be considered "living" in a space? Like commonlaw marriage...?

Makes me want to make sure I write a small contract if I ever find myself in the position of letting someone stay for a while.... a contract would take care of all this.

Top Bottom