DK Firearms

A Very Exciting Development. Long thread warning, but definitely worth the read!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    It's a pity that someone with an axe to grind finds it necessary to try and disrupt a thread that had nothing to do with exposing him for what he is in the political section. And to prove just how moronic he is, he continues to post irrelevant bullshit. I have no doubt he'll continue to follow the liberal patern of his demo-commie overlords.
    I have no idea what started this but am certain that didn't quash it.

... Since you're an engineer, ...
    Ah, the picture is more clear now. Egos can be a bitch some times.
    Lynx Defense

BKDinTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    57K, thanks for that thorough explanation. It is very interesting and I think th USPSA boys have picked up on the short brassbis easier to extract thing.

I'm afraid my original point about Unique was lost as I feared it might be.

Is your real name Sheldon by any chance? :>)

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    57K, thanks for that thorough explanation. It is very interesting and I think th USPSA boys have picked up on the short brassbis easier to extract thing.

I'm afraid my original point about Unique was lost as I feared it might be.

Is your real name Sheldon by any chance? :>)

BKD, you're welcome and I believe I understand your original point about Unique. With the powder availability issues we face I certainly wouldn't tell someone not to buy it if they run across it. The thing is, if you were to load True Blue to the same performance levels, you'd see an immediate improvement. Doesn't matter if it's 14,000 PSI .45 Colt or 65,000 PSI .454 Casull. No doubt there's some excellent chemistry going on, but I suspect another aspect involved. Unique and most flake powders are low in bulk density compared to sphericals. On top of being very fine grained, almost true ball in shape, True Blue has a bulk density rating of 935 grams/liter, .935 grams/CC. Your thrown charges will be much more uniform.

True Blue certainly isn't the only powder to try: V-V N340, WSF and AA#5 are excellent general purpose powders. Hopefully I've mentioned this already, but the slightly older Ba 9 is in the same burn rate group as Unique. It is a fine cut single-based extruded as well. And Vectan also makes single-based flake powders as opposed to Alliants double-based powders, IMR 700-X & 800-X.

No, my name isn't Sheldon. Until a few weeks ago I had a running thread inviting handloaders to check out the excellent reloading info at blog.westernpowders.com I have written a few by their request as well as a serial novella titled D-Day for a Texas Marine. My thoughts on current affairs are on record in the novella. My novel in its fully edited version was released recently and I made an announcement here in what I thought was the appropriate forum. Guess I was expected to buy an ad. That thread was deleted as well as the one here which was really about inviting reloaders to check out the Western online magazine. More than just my identity is revealed there.

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    I have no idea what started this but am certain that didn't quash it.

Ah, the picture is more clear now. Egos can be a bitch some times.

Well thanks for that monumental contribution that is nothing more than your Op-Ed bitch.

You can read ego into whatever you care to. The fact is, I've worn the corporate title of engineer on several occasions while I have no degree beyond an Associate of Applied Science and I'm a skillled surveyor as well. That hasn't prevented me from earning a living as an independent designer, where in the cases of Civil & Electrical design/specification, I've had to help more than a few engineers get it right in their own disciplines.

What I've learned is that engineers aren't much different than good mechanics; you're either born with the aptitude or you're not. Engineers can not be manufactured in universities when they have no aptitude for the profession. Those that do have usually distinguish themselves by going on to become Design Engineers.

I never had any desire to sit around and do the menial tasks for someone elses project, and why I went into design vs. engineering. That and my service to Uncle Sam made it free of charge. I hold design certifications or license in Landscape Irrigation, Life safety systems from the NFPA in both Fire Sprinkler and Fire Alarm systems along with 2 manufacturers design certifications and another as a technician simply because I helped others in a technical course on microprocessor based fire alarm technology when it was new. I even explained to them that I had never worked as a technician. I also hold design certifications in Professional Sound Design, one of those from the BOSE Corporation. Find me an engineer, even a design engineer that can do all of the same as well as survey, and yeah, my ego might take notice.

So if you know anything about engineering and related mathematics, you should know the logarithm of 10. In case you don't, you can find the answer with your middle finger, get it?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    :clown: You're a hoot!

Aside from the bullshit trolls working overtime, I appreciated the read.

N320 is like the fountain of youth.
    The fact that you found something remotely close to it is fascinating.

Thank you
    If you don't know the history it is required before passing judgement.

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    :clown: You're a hoot!

I'll tell you what's really funny: someone who posts on a thread without any intention of discussing the topic!

Anyone who can't plainly see that this is an important development, and brings up ego, obviously doesn't know the difference between it and self confidence. Everything you've posted so far is pointless and irrelevant to this thread. So run that ego thing by me again???

And what would that be? Someone who had their sensibilities offended in the POLITICAL SECTION where I gave my opinion that those who enjoy their guns while voting for the demo-commies that want to strip gun rights from all of us are 2nd amendment parasites! Is that the history you speak of?

This thread speaks for itself, except to maybe libtards who have had their egos bruised, and from an entirely different thread and section of the forum! Do I have evidence of that? As of this moment there are 26 posts and 806 views!

Last edited:

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    Just so we're clear, and from here on out I will only address posts specific to this thread. I'm fully prepared to take on all comers in the political thread where it's clear that there are demo-commie Anti-Christ members. If you agree with what I've said, please be bold enough to give your own opinion.

After all, Christ taught that he who will not confess me to man, I will NOT confess before our FATHER!
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...conservative-librty-minded-8.html#post1218858

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just to be clear, I will no longer be posting in the other thread as it is in violation of the forum rules.

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    Just to be clear, I will no longer be posting in the other thread as it is in violation of the forum rules.

You finally post something that makes since because you and the other morons trying to disrupt this thread are on record in that thread.

Forum rules? How 'bout an obligation to the constitution for the gun rights you enjoy while voting for Anti-Christ demo-commies who clearly intend to strip us of them (Mr. Parasite)?

There is a word in Webster's dictionary for you and those of your ilk: OXYMORON!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I like Win231, Power pistol, Blue Dot, Titegroup, and Autocomp for handguns. They all work.

Universal sucks and if you use it you are stupid, and possibly a gay democommie.

Top Bottom