• ...and so much more!
  • RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Company wide policy effective today:

Ammo is now limited to 1 box per caliber per day, In all the major caliber. .223/5.56, 7.62x39, .22lr, 9mm, .40, .45, .308. Available at CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Just a heads up to you alk.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If they check ID to verify age I could care less, long as they don't want to record anything.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    We have a team of guys that stalk my local Academy(s) everyday. They wait at the front doors, as soon as they open off they go to the firearm section. One or two will go to the gun counter to check for rifles & mags the other(s) rape & pillage the ammo aisle. I've seen it happen twice and a couple of my buddies have watched it all unfold a few times. I know there's nothing to stop them from doing so and they're not doing anything "wrong" per say but it doesn't help the guy who goes in there later for some .22 to shoot with his kid over the weekend either. My local Cabela's started a 10 box limit a couple of weeks ago, which I'm ok with that considering the circumstances. A one box limit is rather excessive I think, but then again my local Academy's have been lucky to have anything other than a few boxes of the premium stuff on the shelves the last couple of months.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    We have a team of guys that stalk my local Academy(s) everyday. They wait at the front doors, as soon as they open off they go to the firearm section. One or two will go to the gun counter to check for rifles & mags the other(s) rape & pillage the ammo aisle. I've seen it happen twice and a couple of my buddies have watched it all unfold a few times. I know there's nothing to stop them from doing so and they're not doing anything "wrong" per say but it doesn't help the guy who goes in there later for some .22 to shoot with his kid over the weekend either. My local Cabela's started a 10 box limit a couple of weeks ago, which I'm ok with that considering the circumstances. A one box limit is rather excessive I think, but then again my local Academy's have been lucky to have anything other than a few boxes of the premium stuff on the shelves the last couple of months.
    This i understand. I hate those guys. My coworker went on wed at 10am to buy 9mm and was told that 1 single guy bought EVERY BOX of 9mm that arrived that morning.

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    This was the line before the 1604/potranco store opened yesterday morning. That store has had a 5 or 6 box per caliber limit for a while. Even with the limit, the 223, 9mm, 308 and 22 was off the shelf in less than a minute.
    3e8y2ysu.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    i dont understand how in the hell 22lr is all dried up all of a sudden.

Guys going in to chek fr another caliber and don't find it. They;re there and say what the hell I'll I'll pick up a brick r two. Doesn't take long.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Just a side effect of the major centerfire stuff being so unavailable. I doubt anyone is expecting sweeping legislation on rimfires, they're just buying it more because there's less of everything else to buy.

Guys going in to chek fr another caliber and don't find it. They;re there and say what the hell I'll I'll pick up a brick r two. Doesn't take long.

makes sense.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    makes sense.

What they said, plus the fact that .22 caliber rifles are semi-auto, making people think all semi-auto ammo is about to be restricted.

I will say this about ammo hoarding: I been a shooter for a long time, but I've made more trips to the store for ammo in the past 30 days than in the previous 3 years. There is certainly something about a commodity becoming scarce that increases, at least in my case, the desire for that commodity to be held.

Top Bottom