• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Just today, I had no problem finding .30 Carbine, .22-250, or .357 Magnum at a local Academy. Bought all I could (three boxes total, one of each).

I'll have ammo to hit the range next week.

The fundamentals of marksmanship hold true no matter which caliber may be readily available.
    Venture Surplus ad

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    So I have to go to customer service to buy ammo? WTF! Does that mean I have to ask to see what they have? Or yall mean to purchase ammo I have to customer service?

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    hmmm....come to think of it, that might be a good thing. all the ammo is up front where EVERYONE can see it rather than waaaaay in the back out of view. now everyone can see that us gun owners arent all crazy and are responsible sensible people.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    We have a team of guys that stalk my local Academy(s) everyday. They wait at the front doors, as soon as they open off they go to the firearm section. One or two will go to the gun counter to check for rifles & mags the other(s) rape & pillage the ammo aisle. I've seen it happen twice and a couple of my buddies have watched it all unfold a few times. I know there's nothing to stop them from doing so and they're not doing anything "wrong" per say but it doesn't help the guy who goes in there later for some .22 to shoot with his kid over the weekend either. My local Cabela's started a 10 box limit a couple of weeks ago, which I'm ok with that considering the circumstances. A one box limit is rather excessive I think, but then again my local Academy's have been lucky to have anything other than a few boxes of the premium stuff on the shelves the last couple of months.

Thats why there needs to be a limit in time of panicking. So everyone gets a fair shot at finding ammo or a ar 15.

Last edited:

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Sorry if some of yall do this.. But I was raised differently, with a higher standard to live and work by. You get up, go to work, and do your JOB! Then after your done go about your way. The only exception to people going early skipping work to hoard ammo or buying all the ar 15s is ifs its YOUR job. This shit chaps my ass, same with the black friday crowd. Ok im off the soap box, for now....
    my job starts at 3pm. so all i got to do is wake up early. but that means i have to get out of bed before noon. screw that. im staying in bed till noon.

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    Today, I'm driving by academy before they're open. And I won't be home for a few more days...

My schedule sucks for getting to a store when they open

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    FINALLY, keep all these panic buying shitheads from ruining the supply. Its so goddamn irritating to a recreational shooter, I cant even go shoot because i cant even get the ammo i want, and i freaking work at a basspro, unloading freight trucks!

wegriffin8642

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Houston
    And have you noticed that Academy (and all other sporting goods stores that sell guns and ammo like Sports Authority) are no longer putting gun or ammo ads in the Sunday sale papers?

JoeB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Grapevine
    And have you noticed that Academy (and all other sporting goods stores that sell guns and ammo like Sports Authority) are no longer putting gun or ammo ads in the Sunday sale papers?

Maybe just maybe the reason is because they can't keep ammo on the shelf to begin with....

gln305

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Lakehills, TX
    No kidding, wife wants to go to the range next week and I don't wanna burn through too much ammo without being able to replace it.

FINALLY, keep all these panic buying shitheads from ruining the supply. Its so goddamn irritating to a recreational shooter, I cant even go shoot because i cant even get the ammo i want, and i freaking work at a basspro, unloading freight trucks!

Top Bottom