• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    I have no sympathy for anyone who is crying because people keep buying all the ammo. You should have stocked up. You know who is in office. You have no excuse. Most of you remember 2008, you have had four years.

Go f*ck yourself buddy. Some of us haven't been in the firearms world that long, wear tinfoil hats or constantly have the Chicken Little mentality. Those who did not fill the house with ammo are feeling the panic pain, it sucks and would be nice to be able to shoot anything with reasonably priced ammo.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Go f*ck yourself buddy. Some of us haven't been in the firearms world that long, wear tinfoil hats or constantly have the Chicken Little mentality. Those who did not fill the house with ammo are feeling the panic pain, it sucks and would be nice to be able to shoot anything with reasonably priced ammo.

Let me call you a wahhbulance. Done crying about your lack of preparedness? Good. Now man up, grow a pair, and learn from your grievous oversight.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Chill a little, Hoji. Not everyone is as smart as you.

That said, I went to Academy last week and purchased 300 rounds of .45 and 100 of .380. They had no 9mm. Yesterday I was at Cabellas and they had .45 (PMC bronze and Herters) and that was about it. in early December I split a case of 9 with a friend, so I am OK for a while. What I found interesting is they had ARs for sale at before panic prices.

Nah, not when so many people are crying about something they could have prevented.
    On another note, how is the 40 hour class affecting your enrollment numbers in the course?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    United we stand, divided we fall.
    Yeah, bickering in our ranks bothers me.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Let me call you a wahhbulance. Done crying about your lack of preparedness? Good. Now man up, grow a pair, and learn from your grievous oversight.

Let us know when you feel like a big man and are ready to STFU. You bitching and crying has more than drown out what anybody else has had to say.

You feel superior, we get it. Now climb of your soap box and do something productive in the forum.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    What the **** is going on with all these argumentative assholes as of late?

If you are referring to me, I am not like this " of late", I am always like this, and have never been tolerant of whining, petulant crybabies who think that they deserve special treatment because they failed to study history.
    Hopefully they will learn from this when supply catches up with demand, and if they do not, then they will at least learn not to publicly cry about their lack of ammo woes and how unfair it is that they don't have any on line.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Let us know when you feel like a big man and are ready to STFU. You bitching and crying has more than drown out what anybody else has had to say.

You feel superior, we get it. Now climb of your soap box and do something productive in the forum.

Make that two wahhbulances.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Alright enough of the bullchit. I should not have posted the previous comments. Period.

My only point is those of us who did not have the forsight are now having a hard time getting ammo. Consider this a lesson learned. Now we have three choices; fight the masses for ammo, pay exorbitant prices, or starting shooting airsoft guns.

Just like with children, once the lesson is imparted there is no point in belittling them.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Alright enough of the bullchit. I should not have posted the previous comments. Period.

My only point is those of us who did not have the forsight are now having a hard time getting ammo. Consider this a lesson learned. Now we have three choices; fight the masses for ammo, pay exorbitant prices, or starting shooting airsoft guns.

Just like with children, once the lesson is imparted there is no point in belittling them.

Or, like the title of the thread implies, simply pick up a box at Academy. They will have it in stock and on hand in short order( with the new policy) and I am sure most folks in Texas drive by a couple
    of them every day.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Really, from the one who is crying about what others have had to say. Did I hurt your feelings calling you out:(

Let's meet for lunch. I'm buying. Let's discuss this face to face. If you make it, I will give you a couple of boxes of .223.
    You need a briefing in the laws of supply and demand.
    We both shoot at LSGR, maybe BBQ in Lockhart?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Let's meet for lunch. I'm buying. Let's discuss this face to face. If you make it, I will give you a couple of boxes of .223.
    You need a briefing in the laws of supply and demand.
    We both shoot at LSGR, maybe BBQ in Lockhart?

Pretty long drive for me, not worth it for some .223.

I'm not in that bad a shape on ammo really. I have a ace I can get plenty of 9mm and have enough 7.62 put back that I have considered selling some. And enough .223 and .40 to cover my needs.

I just disagree with the attitude you have shown towards others.

I fully understand the laws of supply and demand so your assumption that you need to teach me anything is erroneous. You are making these same assumptions about anyone else who is unhappy about the current market.

If I say ammo prices suck it doesn't mean I don't know why they suck, it means I wish they were lower.

Remember what happens when we assume things;)

JimThorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    East Texas
    Really!???! You did not know that we have a rabid antigun POTUS?

How about when the GOP put up a candidate who gleefully signed an AWB when he was Governor? That didn't give you a clue to start stocking up????

Nothing but whiny fail here. History, those who fail to learn from it are doomed to repeat it.

Did you bother to read my last post? I said I bought my first AR ONE MONTH AGO. In other words, I had no need for .223 or 5.56 ammo until ONE MONTH AGO. I have stockpiled various other calibers of ammo for my other firearms and have been doing so since the day after the Presidential election in 2008.

BTW - I was fully aware of Romney's AWB bill he signed into law on July 1, 2004. That's why I didn't vote for him in 2012.

And, to stay on topic, I did stop by Academy yesterday and I bought 3 boxes of AR ammo. This is on top of the 24 boxes of AR ammo I have been fortunate enough to acquire within the last month (bought them online from Cabelas).

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Did you bother to read my last post? I said I bought my first AR ONE MONTH AGO. In other words, I had no need for .223 or 5.56 ammo until ONE MONTH AGO. I have stockpiled various other calibers of ammo for my other firearms and have been doing so since the day after the Presidential election in 2008.

BTW - I was fully aware of Romney's AWB bill he signed into law on July 1, 2004. That's why I didn't vote for him in 2012.

First thing I do when buying a new gun is buy enough ammo to break it in properly. This for me is done prior to picking up the gun. If there was an AR available a month ago, there was ammo available a month ago.
    Sit tight, the price will come down, and be better prepared for " next time". Until then, grab a box or two from
    academy.

Top Bottom