• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I thought he was a gubernatorial candidate. I think they get more leeway than a private citizen.

He's both. But as he was not a participant in that press conference, he shouldn't have been allowed to get to where he was. I'm thinking law enforcement was simply unsure what to do since nobody with a lick of sense would have done what Bobby did.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    We thought our desks were nuclear weapons proof in elementary school. It makes me sad that people such as this shooter are allowed to continue. A well armed militia, or school administrators could have nipped this in the bud.
    People that knew he was unstable could have stopped it from even starting.

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    The interruption of the Abbott press conf videos on youtube lasted about a long minute. CBS did an almost 7 minute interview with our boy Beano as he came out of the thing. God help Texas!
    He didn't get any sympathy from Scott Johnson at Powerline.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    We thought our desks were nuclear weapons proof in elementary school. It makes me sad that people such as this shooter are allowed to continue. A well armed militia, or school administrators could have nipped this in the bud.
    Getting under a desk was never about surviving a nuclear blast. It was if the blast was far enough away, it could possibly help from falling debris. I asked that question when I was a kid.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Come and get it C U N T!

Whoopi says shes coming for our AR 15s

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Ofcourse what they want is Gestapo searching every home in the US to take every thing that so much as fart hot air.

It's the only way to control the people.

The fake messican can come get my guns any time he gets froggy.

Peace of shit.

No hes the maggots who live and breed in a piece of shir after being shit out of another animal.

Last edited:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Actually all got strip searched, in the 80s after an Israeli airliner was downed. Yup, NO major school fires practically EVER. One thing that could easily be done would be a school admin warning system from LE that there is a possible problem and be alert. Like go around and check for unsecure doors! I do remember fire drills in HS, everybody gets accounted for. Some companies do that also - the reason for limited egress. The case stated above was due to fire alarm door fix - $ to go close and reset the doors - like in movie theaters. You in a building that is on fire - you exit anyplace. Yup, duck under the desk for nuke or tornado attack. Wife was walking by the local GS this morning, cop sitting in parking lot.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I am not sure if there is a higher power or not but I do believe there is such a thing as pure evil incarnate. Yet, even though I know pure evil exists, that someone can be so abhorrent to commit such a gruesomely abominable act against young children is absolutely mind boggling to me. What drives a person to do something like this is unimaginable to me. While I am not sure it does anything, in my own way, I am praying for their families today; I figure it is much better than not doing so. My heartfelt condolences go out to they who lost children or adult loved ones and my best wishes for a speedy & full recovery go to those who were shot but survived. A truly sad day for the USA was yesterday.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Well, despite my earlier post, I see on the news that the school had a SRO who challenged the shooter, but the shooter ran by him, apparently pursued by officers.

The SRO apparently failed in his/her job.

There's an even chance the SRO wasn't armed.

I'm still of the opinion, though, that if the cops were that close they should've stopped and shot the bastard in the back as soon as he crossed onto school property while armed and fleeing a crime scene.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The simple solution is many exits which are not in "normal" use, and are opened in the event of an emergency. We have all seen these doors everywhere, they're labeled "Emergency Exits".
    The point I was making was that paying attention to security to the detriment of emergency egress isn't a good idea. I gave an example of a major building that had literally NO emergency exits. Before it was remodeled, it didn't matter how big a disaster happened in that building, the hundreds of people inside would have to evacuate through an ~8 foot gap.

I agree with your simple solution. I just wish it didn't escape the thinking of people who decide how buildings are designed. In the cited case, it certainly did and I'm still wondering how the folks in charge could have been stupid enough to let the building get into that state.

Luckily, there was no fire during that time but the situation persisted for years.

Top Bottom