• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Seems likely guns were purchased from Oasis Outback in Uvalde... Really the only gun store in Uvalde likely to stock upscale rifles like Daniel Defense.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The story just got worse...

Taken in context, that comment was from yesterday morning and it’s just sensationalizing something that hasn’t been confirmed, just something that’s being investigated.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I've taken four different ALERRT active shooter course spanning twenty years. After Columbine it was four man entries, then it was two, now we're down to single man entries if the situation calls for that. In none of those classes did they ever discuss a barricaded active shooter.

So now you combine a barricaded suspect, in which SWAT is traditionally called out, with an active shooter incident in which the shooter has a distinct tactical advantage.

How do you deal with a situation in which most police officers have never been trained? You're now getting into the realm of a dealing with a barricaded suspect, breaching, room entry, CQB, and possibly using a diversionary device. That is way out of the wheelhouse of a typical patrol officer.

I think this will be a paradigm shift in LE active shooter training. I've already started to see it in my department. Things that were only in the SWAT realm are now being taught to patrol officers.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Doesnt source the money, but here is how he got the stash:

According to the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Firearms and Explosives representatives Ramos legally bought two AR platform rifles at a local federal firearms licensee on two separate dates: May 17 and May 20.

One of the rifles he had purchased was left in a crashed truck near the school. The other rifle, a Daniel Defense, was located in the school with the suspect. On May 18, Ramos purchased 375 rounds of 5.56 ammunition, ATF authorities said.

ATF paperwork showed Ramos' home address, as does his driver's license, as the same home where he shot his grandmother.

After further inspection of Ramos' clothing, it now appears he was not wearing body armor but only a plate carrier with no ballistic armor inside
    The separate purchases explains a lot about why no on suspected anything. Not that it should have anyways.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    BTW, I was wrong about the SRO - turns out not only did he try to stop the shooter, they exchanged fire and both were wounded. He did his job, it just wasn't enough.
    I believe the campus only had cameras focused on the hallways and not the grounds outside. If he had been detected jumping the fence with a rifle he could have possibly been stopped pretty fast.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Obama’s on the hot seat right now for attempting to compare George Floyd to Uvalde. I love it when leftists self destruct under weight of their utter ignorance
    Surprised Obama didn't say Floyd could have been his brother or some other nonsense. Trying to elevate Floyd to some degree of sainthood was stupid in the first place, but his timing comparing it to Uvalde was even more stupid.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Houston PD is being mobilized for protests on Saturday. There goes my weekend. On the bright side, I do get to pick up Trump from the airport tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Wtf are they protesting about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Glad I've been sitting this out for awhile. The Tranny pictures are bogus, as with the conspiracy about how he could afford such guns.

Why is it when someone kills using other means than guns, we focus on the intent, yet when guns are involved we focus on the means?

I knew this was going to be used as a platform for gun control, as well as a means for stripping freedom.

This guy planned for quite some time on committing murder. I'm not even sure an elementary school was anything more than happenstance.

To me this isn't about guns, it's about society. There were plenty of signs as to where this was headed, but it's easier to ignore.

The focus in the U.S. has turned from family and community to diversity and perceived mean tweets. Kids today engage online more than they engage with the people around them. I certainly like having technology, but at what cost?
    Heard Lt. Gov. Patrick on Fox News this AM and he pretty much said the same. He said the deterioration of the family, removal of God from our country and kids sitting at home during the Covid playing violent video games was a lot to do with the problem. That made more sense that much of the hand wringing excuses I have listened to.

Top Bottom