• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Man traps I did were for Puerto Rico banks with bullet proof glass. Banks there are like our ATMs. On every corner. Got robbed very often by machine guns.
    ARJ Defense ad

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Room 111 and room 112 are adjoining rooms. It sounds to me that there was a door opening between the two rooms (unsure what type) and the killer went from one room to the next.

The police should have communications, and the shooter, by the sound of it, would have a hard time covering both rooms.

Certainly a door is harder to breach, but the windows as well? Nobody could figure out where the shooter is? They wouldn't
    place officers near all the possible exits?

150 officers and still it takes 77 minutes to subdue? Too many questions and not enough answers.

If I didn't know better, I would say that something smells fishy about the whole incident.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Room 111 and room 112 are adjoining rooms. It sounds to me that there was a door opening between the two rooms (unsure what type) and the killer went from one room to the next.

Correct.

The teacher who lived left his door (111) open and shooter entered there, shot kids and wounded teacher, then used adjoining door to kill teachers and kids in 112.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    And what about the funeral worker that was shot at by the killer when he tried to help after crashing in the ravine. He ran back, got his gun and was going back after the killer that entered the school. Cop asked him where he was going and then told him to stay back and shut up.

Looking at the picture of the pick up and studying the street views it seems the killer was trying to get onto a service road adjacent to the school. The ravine is fenced in and perpendicular to the main street, so I don't think he lost control on the street.

The school looks to be about a block away from the ravine, and the funeral home was across the street from where he crashed. The funeral worker ran back, grabbed his gun and immediately ran towards the school. Yet by the time he got there, there was police?

Looking at how the killer proceeded from the crash, he went towards the end of the building away from the door he entered. He fired shots at the building, I presume toward the windows, as he walked toward the door presumed to be left open.

Now I don't know how much time it took from when the killer fired shots at the funeral worker at the crash site and when the killer entered the school building. The funeral worker made it sound as if his wife handed the gun to him before he ran towards the school. How long was the cop there before he stopped the funeral worker from going in? It sounds as if we're only talking minutes.

Now if you're a cop and you knew someone went into the school armed, and you see someone else running towards the school armed, would you assume he was going after the other guy, or maybe he was with the other guy? To me something doesn't add up.

I would think disarming the new suspect running towards the school would something they would do before asking where he was going.

Not to say this guy (funeral worker), is a bad guy, but someone tatted up like that might make me think, possible gangbanger.

1655231346767.png

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Video man lived across street. Heard barrage of shots. Started video at 1143. Battery died or memory full or whatever after 48 minutes

It is not public but I have copy can upload if you have place

No need. As near as I can tell, most everybody that was shot was shot before LEOs were in the building.

We know about the key stupidity.

We know UCISD and UPD radios were not interoperable because Arredondo needed two radios to coordinate. Wouldn’t be surprised if UCISD radios are GMRS and secondary comms with only six personnel and nine schools. Cell phones were probably the primary mobile comms.

We believe Arredondo had zero radios and at least one cell phone on his person.

We know DPS was there, but no idea if they were interoperable with UPD. Don’t know if UCSO was present, but same questions.

The BORTAC guy and/or USBP agents is/are generically reported to some type of comm capability. At this point I would be both surprised/not surprised if the dispatcher party lined or conferenced cell phones to stand up some unified net.

Knowing all that, the AAR is probably going to say something along the lines of contributed to failed command and control and in the confusion, some officers/agents seized the initiative but it was too late. There’s probably going to be footnotes about some responders telling others to not shoot them while they take care of business. Arredondo is going to be let off the hook because he had know way of gaining or maintaining situational awareness or effectively executing his ICS duties.

There will be a thick report that repeats a lot of what was learned on 9/11, Katrina, and Harvey. There will be recommendations for increased federal funding for equipment, calls for increased mutual assistance training, and universal school mass casualty exercises which will end up being paper tigers. Arredondo will maintain his lack of culpability and eventually he run out of town. Unfortunately, he won’t turn into am alcoholic and kill himself.

Meanwhile, the evidence that the kid had been talking about this since last September is going to be swept under the rug and we’ll get saddled with ERPOs because no judge will involuntarily commit fûcked up people, rendering them prohibited persons.

The people who knew about this before hand and did not report it will go on to live a guilt free life and join Everytown looking for gun control MILFs only to find they don’t exist. The few people who said something have already lost faith in see something, say something so will likely never trust that the process works.

And for me, Brandon said do something, so I guess while I’m still physically capable, I’m going to invest in a Level IV setup, ballistic helmet, NODs and put together an appropriate CQB rifle. Boy Scouts had it right, “Be prepared”.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    And for me, Brandon said do something, so I guess while I’m still physically capable, I’m going to invest in a Level IV setup, ballistic helmet, NODs and put together an appropriate CQB rifle. Boy Scouts had it right, “Be prepared”.
    I started after I saw how police were handling the rioting after the George Floyd incident. I knew then that if I get stuck somewhere that I can't get out of, I want a fighting chance. I may not survive, but I want to take as many with me as I can.

I have the vest set up with magazines and a knife. Granted it's IIIa+, but this is next on my list:

1655233053306.png

I was looking at the FRAS (level IV), but the carrier and plates were close to $2,000 at the time. These I can buy at less than $500 a piece.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    No need. As near as I can tell, most everybody that was shot was shot before LEOs were in the building.”.
    Then why were there multiple 911 calls from within the classroom. Also, why were students allowed to bleed out. Students can be heard being shot and the Medical examiner said some kids bled out.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Then why were there multiple 911 calls from within the classroom. Also, why were students allowed to bleed out. Students can be heard being shot and the Medical examiner said some kids bled out.

You are asking questions I can’t answer given the lack of corroborating information. I stated what I believe happened. I find it highly unlikely there was sporadic executions occurring once LEOs were in the building.

Most people who die from a GSW die because they bleed out and not because they took a fatal CNS shot.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    No need. As near as I can tell, most everybody that was shot was shot before LEOs were in the building.

We know about the key stupidity.

We know UCISD and UPD radios were not interoperable because Arredondo needed two radios to coordinate. Wouldn’t be surprised if UCISD radios are GMRS and secondary comms with only six personnel and nine schools. Cell phones were probably the primary mobile comms.

We believe Arredondo had zero radios and at least one cell phone on his person.

We know DPS was there, but no idea if they were interoperable with UPD. Don’t know if UCSO was present, but same questions.

The BORTAC guy and/or USBP agents is/are generically reported to some type of comm capability. At this point I would be both surprised/not surprised if the dispatcher party lined or conferenced cell phones to stand up some unified net.

Knowing all that, the AAR is probably going to say something along the lines of contributed to failed command and control and in the confusion, some officers/agents seized the initiative but it was too late. There’s probably going to be footnotes about some responders telling others to not shoot them while they take care of business. Arredondo is going to be let off the hook because he had know way of gaining or maintaining situational awareness or effectively executing his ICS duties.

There will be a thick report that repeats a lot of what was learned on 9/11, Katrina, and Harvey. There will be recommendations for increased federal funding for equipment, calls for increased mutual assistance training, and universal school mass casualty exercises which will end up being paper tigers. Arredondo will maintain his lack of culpability and eventually he run out of town. Unfortunately, he won’t turn into am alcoholic and kill himself.

Meanwhile, the evidence that the kid had been talking about this since last September is going to be swept under the rug and we’ll get saddled with ERPOs because no judge will involuntarily commit fûcked up people, rendering them prohibited persons.

The people who knew about this before hand and did not report it will go on to live a guilt free life and join Everytown looking for gun control MILFs only to find they don’t exist. The few people who said something have already lost faith in see something, say something so will likely never trust that the process works.

Ever since the FCC mandated narrow banding radio interoperability has become much worse. I saw an interview where the guy that built out the radio system that included Uvalde ISD PD said that the system wasn’t designed for handheld radios to work inside buildings; they assumed that people would be able to step outside. Looks crazy from where I sit, but imagine the extra problems that caused. IIRC it was an 8 county area on a common radio system.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So, a few things have trickled out today. KENS5, the SAT CBS outlet ran a teaser on the 6p news that DPS troopers will be telling their side of the story in a piece on the 10p news. Bexar County SO will also be featured with their newly purchased Halligan tool for the SWAT team and the newly certified officers as a lesson learned from Uvalde.

Tony Plohetski is quoting the DPS commander on Arredondo.

“DPS Director Steve McCraw said last week that Arredondo had inaccurately determined that no more lives were at risk and was waiting to obtain keys to the classroom from a custodian.”

Also, two LE sources stated the Uvalde 911 dispatchers were not in any way communicating with Arredondo. It’s implied there was a Uvalde PD officer who was getting the info but it’s unknown if he was talking to Arredondo.

Last edited:

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Ever since the FCC mandated narrow banding radio interoperability has become much worse. I saw an interview where the guy that built out the radio system that included Uvalde ISD PD said that the system wasn’t designed for handheld radios to work inside buildings; they assumed that people would be able to step outside. Looks crazy from where I sit, but imagine the extra problems that caused. IIRC it was an 8 county area on a common radio system.
    What radios were they using?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Well last night’s teaser was a let down, nothing new except it looks like Abbott’s special legislative committees are the conduit for press leaks. Surprise, surprise.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    A Uvalde police officer armed with an AR-15-style rifle who responded to initial reports of a shooting at Robb Elementary School saw the gunman approaching the building but did not shoot him because he feared the gunfire would hit children, according to a Friday report from the New York Times.

Chief Deputy Sheriff Ricardo Rios of Zavala County told the Times that two officers from the city police department who responded quickly to the scene thought the gunman was shooting at them and took cover behind a patrol car.

One of the officers told Rios that he wanted to return fire but did not engage because “they were scared of hitting the kids,” according to the exclusive report from the Times.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    One of the officers told Rios that he wanted to return fire but did not engage because “they were scared of hitting the kids,” according to the exclusive report from the Times.
    Having sufficient skill so that you're confident enough to take the shot is a pretty basic requirement for anyone who carries a firearm, LEO or otherwise. It's incredibly tragic that a police officer felt so incompetent that he allowed someone to remain on school grounds, moving and shooting, when the need to remove that person should have been the obvious and overriding priority.

Yes, it was a poor risk assessment in a high-pressure scenario. Conceptually, I could forgive that; people make mistakes.

But the fact that the risk assessment was informed by the officer knowing his skills were not up to snuff is hard, very hard, to take.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Having sufficient skill so that you're confident enough to take the shot is a pretty basic requirement for anyone who carries a firearm, LEO or otherwise. It's incredibly tragic that a police officer felt so incompetent that he allowed someone to remain on school grounds, moving and shooting, when the need to remove that person should have been the obvious and overriding priority.

Yes, it was a poor risk assessment in a high-pressure scenario. Conceptually, I could forgive that; people make mistakes.

But the fact that the risk assessment was informed by the officer knowing his skills were not up to snuff is hard, very hard, to take.
    I believe the controversy over should teachers be allowed to carry inside schools is that same fear. Never taking into account what the alternative could be.

Reactions: gll

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm

With the rifles and optics these days, there is no excuse.

Top Bottom