• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Most of the Uvalde LE have quit. Councilman was given time to quit but that ran out. Remind you, I stated early on this school was poorly run, nobody expected this to happen and the attitude showed it. Entire staff needs retraining/replacement. Ever wonder why the cold faucet handle is on the left and turns the wrong way?
    Target Sports

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    IMG_20220718_125733_390.jpg

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    A good start would be to eliminate the no guns on campus laws for LTC holders. But I’m not gonna hold my breath on that.

We have permitless carry - should extend to everywhere, not just for LTC holders. Eliminate weight of law for all "No guns signs" and the problem can quickly be solved.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Okay, I'm done with excoriating the LE response.

Based on the ISD's own statements, everyone from the teachers to the superintendent and the school board need to resign. In their own words, "t]he district has primary responsibility for the health and safety of students, staff, substitute teachers, and visitors while on district property”. Some of the steps the school took to secure Robb elementary included entire perimeter fencing. The chain link fence was five feet high; doors were supposed to be locked yet teachers intentionally devised workarounds to keep interior and exterior doors unsecured. Though the lock to room 111 was reported to have not worked correctly; nobody reported that via the school's maintenance work order system despite the school principal acknowledged knowing about the problem for several months.

Every single adult in failed those children. Every last of one of them. Your school districts voraciously consume your income via property taxes yet I doubt they are any better condition, operationally or mechanically, than Uvalde CISD is/was.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX

Based on the ISD's own statements, everyone from the teachers to the superintendent and the school board need to resign. In their own words, "t]he district has primary responsibility for the health and safety of students, staff, substitute teachers, and visitors while on district property”. Some of the steps the school took to secure Robb elementary included entire perimeter fencing. The chain link fence was five feet high; doors were supposed to be locked yet teachers intentionally devised workarounds to keep interior and exterior doors unsecured. Though the lock to room 111 was reported to have not worked correctly; nobody reported that via the school's maintenance work order system despite the school principal acknowledged knowing about the problem for several months.

Every single adult in failed those children. Every last of one of them. Your school districts voraciously consume your income via property taxes yet I doubt they are any better condition, operationally or mechanically, than Uvalde CISD is/was.
    We are just completing the biggest bond ever for our schools, which includes secure entries. We are already adding other measures, like hardening windows adjacent to entry points. Our superintendent found a door blocked open on a campus a while back and closed it. She found it blocked again the next day and had the principal tell the staff that If she found it blocked again someone would lose their job. So far, so good.

The shitty thing is that no matter how hard we work, it only takes one person blocking one door open on one day to defeat the system.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …The shitty thing is that no matter how hard we work, it only takes one person blocking one door open on one day to defeat the system.
    That’s kind of the point I’m trying to make. Policies are only as good as the people who implement them. Unfortunately, people put their faith in written policies designed to create inconvenience and friction in a self-perceived low threat environment.

The people who implement the policies have to actively believe they are responsible for the safety of your children and they just don’t think in those terms.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    A good start would be to eliminate the no guns on campus laws for LTC holders. But I’m not gonna hold my breath on that.

As an employee and parent in my ISD, I wholeheartedly agree. And I'm letting my administration know it. What that actually leads to......

I can't agree with that. The administration from Principal up....yes. The employee who propped the door open....ABSOLUTELY. But there were others doing the best they could to save kids. The problems rise when they are not permitted and trained to do so. Lockdowns are a poor strategy in general. Run-Hide-Fight is better....if you can assess the situation accurately. Ed Monk has a great program for school defense. More ISDs should be using it.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    After all the weeks of analysis, there still remain two sides to the issue of what took place here and both need their own separate track:

- the school's responsibility to have a prevention and response plan in place and to ensure that people follow that plan. Along with that is the need to closely evaluate just how successful these plans (which are all basically similar across the nation) have been as we have one incident after another with the plans proving to accomplish little to nothing.

- the law enforcement response once the shooter has reached the school property. It completely stuns me how anyone from line officer to sargeant/lcaptain/chief can still see an active shooter incident at a school and separate that in their mind from a barricaded shooter or hostage situation. We have had case after case that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that a your person entering a school with a rifle has one, and only one, goal in mind.....to commit an act of mass murder against innocents and to continue killing without pause until they are stopped or run out of victims. This means that every second that is spend debating tactics, weighing casualties, avoiding collateral injuries, etc. adds up to more dead bodies while the killer continues unmolested.

If I were in charge the orders for anyone wearing a badge would be simple: "At a school shooting, forget the superior officers and get your ass in as quickly and effectively as possible to kill the shooter even if it means taking the shot when others are in close proximity". There should be no questions, no hesitations and no retributions. If 3-4 officers show up, there should be 3-4 independent penetration and elimination efforts, not a field caucus to determine strategy. If we look at every school shooting to date, this approach could have prevented some of the student deaths; it may have resulted in some officer deaths, but they may also have eliminated the shooter with no LEO fatalities. No one will ever know because, in each case, they were held back by direct orders from superiors.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Some of us vividly remember 9/11, watching on TV the horrors. But also the selfless brave police officers, fire fighters, EMTs, urgently rushing into extreme danger. While others were running away from catastrophe, these guys going in knew there was a possibility of not making it out alive. And over 400 didn't.

What has gone down in Uvaide is the polar opposite of that, 180 degree opposite. And instead of adults wearing suits, and business dresses, we have young children lives at stake. And a single, solitary threat. And the first responders failed miserably, disgustingly.

Every single adult in failed those children. Every last of one of them.

Including the mayor, chief of police in charge, the city council. Someone was commanding feet on the ground. And someone was in command over him. Every last f***ing one of them should be thrown out, fired with extreme prejudice.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Including the mayor, chief of police in charge, the city council. Someone was commanding feet on the ground. And someone was in command over him. Every last f***ing one of them should be thrown out, fired with extreme prejudice.

DPS was on scene - along with FedGoons. Maybe we should take it beyond the Uvalde mayor and oust the Guv'na and POTUS. Lt. Gov and VP just to be sure!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …I can't agree with that…

Ok. See pp 25-28; the teacher in room 111 knew for several months the lock to that room did not function properly. ISD policy requires every staff member know how to submit a work order yet no work order to fix the lock existed. That teacher also acknowledged he routinely was counseled by UCISD for the door not locking. Over a period of several months.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Each classroom in the west building had a door to a hallway, which policy required to remain locked at all times. The interior classroom doors also were required to remain closed and locked at all times. The interior doors were solid metal with a small pane of glass and could only be locked from the outside using a key.

Confused here. What is the difference between a door that connects to the hallway and an interior door that can only be locked from the outside?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom