• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Witnesses to a crime should be charged too? You cannot mean that.

I think in this case he was more than a witness, but was accused of helping dumb & dumber box AA in. So he was a participant.

Since I do not believe in 3rd party liability, I would not convict him of murder, but could find lesser charges.
    No, a witness to a crime shouldn't be charged, unless they are also a participant in that crime.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Having not seen the trial, or heard any of the testimony from the trial, I have to ask this question.

What exactly did he do to stop the events from happening to keep Arbery from being killed?

IMO, if he just stood there and watched, did nothing and said nothing to prevent the events leading to Arbery's death, then he us just as guilty in my mind.
    According to the SCOTUS, a police officer is under no obligation to protect anyone from harm.
    Why is this guy legally required to prevent anything?

I have not watched or followed the trial at all, so am not aware of that person’s actions during this murder, other than recording it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    This seems a little weird:

VideoGuy was found guilty of three counts of felony murder, one count of aggravated assault, one count of false imprisonment and one count of criminal attempt to commit a felony.

Seems phucked up to me. As the video shows, he was way behind in the truck, and more importantly, only one person was killed so how do you get to three counts?

About all I see is the conspiracy.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    According to the SCOTUS, a police officer is under no obligation to protect anyone from harm.
    Why is this guy legally required to prevent anything?

I have not watched or followed the trial at all, so am not aware of that person’s actions during this murder, other than recording it.
    So if you saw a crime being committed right in front of you, would you try to stop it, or call for help, or at least say something?

What if it was someone being beaten to death? Or a woman being raped?

I have no idea of the legal requirements, and frankly could care little about them, but I do know of a moral and ethical requirement of doing the right thing. At least trying to do something to stop a crime from happening or continuing on.

But let's everyone just turn a blind eye and say nothing.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I wasn’t talking about moral obligations, but rather the legal side.
    Was this guy an accomplice and was convicted as such, or was he one of those Youtube/TikTok nutters?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I wasn’t talking about moral obligations, but rather the legal side.
    Was this guy an accomplice and was convicted as such, or was he one of those Youtube/TikTok nutters?
    People need to be held accountable for their actions and their choices in life.

If you were riding around with some buddies, and they decided to rob a liquor store, would you just along, or bail on them?

From my understanding, the guy videoing the event was a participant and friend of the father and son. If that is true, he is just as guilty for not trying to stop a person from being killed.

As I have said before, you have to pick your friends carefully.

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    I find it funny that so many people in this thread have stated that they didn't watch or follow any part of this trial, but are then quick to comment on something that they didn't watch or follow. How can you make comments on something you know absolutely nothing about?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I find it funny that so many people in this thread have stated that they didn't watch or follow any part of this trial, but are then quick to comment on something that they didn't watch or follow. How can you make comments on something you know absolutely nothing about?
    We don't live in a vacuum. Don't have to follow a trial day by day to have some idea of what is going on. It's not like there is a media black-out about the events that happened.

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    We don't live in a vacuum. Don't have to follow a trial day by day to have some idea of what is going on. It's not like there is a media black-out about the events that happened.
    Understood. I just if someone is going to comment, it should be an educated comment. You can't make an educated comment if you haven't followed any part of the trial. If people followed the trial, they would have known that the man recording everything was friends with the other two, and was one of the men chasing after the victim. He was charged because he was involved.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Understood. I just if someone is going to comment, it should be an educated comment. You can't make an educated comment if you haven't followed any part of the trial. If people followed the trial, they would have known that the man recording everything was friends with the other two, and was one of the men chasing after the victim. He was charged because he was involved.
    Educated or not, people are going to comment, if nothing but what others are commenting on.

I didn't follow the trial, but that was what I gathered about the person doing the recording, was their friend and therefore, a participant in the criminal acts that were committed. Hence the reason IMO he's as guilty as the other two.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I think someone grabbing the wrong end of a shotgun could have consequences. Aubrey could have waited for the police or taken evasive action.
    Why?
    As far as he knew, they were just 3 white guys chasing him with guns. Why in the should he stop? So they can shoot him easier? If I was being chased by 3 guys with guns, of any ethnic persuasion, I would not have acted much different.
    Your logic leave a lot to be desired.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The guy that did gather info and video was found guilty of murder too. I was surprised that they found him guilty. The father and son I thought were guilty. The video guy less so.
    Because he helped herd him into the kill zone. At the point he was shot, IIRC, he had been herded into a culdesac and basically had no choice but stand and die or do something to try to get away. They were between him and escape.
    So tell us, what would you have done?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

While I do think the jury was correct (maybe some strangeness with recording guy but didn’t follow close enough to be sure) lack of media blackout doesn’t help much. If you only followed mainstream media sources for the Kenosha Kid you’d think the jury had made a huge mistake.

But in this case, yeah. They murdered that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    While I do think the jury was correct (maybe some strangeness with recording guy but didn’t follow close enough to be sure) lack of media blackout doesn’t help much. If you only followed mainstream media sources for the Kenosha Kid you’d think the jury had made a huge mistake.

But in this case, yeah. They murdered that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I had simply followed the narrative of MSM, and believed in their propaganda, I too would have thought KR was guilty and the jury reached the wrong verdict.

People need to learn to think for themselves, instead of letting the media do it for them.

The information is out there. People need to just look for it. Then look at the facts and draw their own conclusions about things.

But, maybe I expect too much from people.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Had an interesting conversation with my daughter today about this stuff. She's a third year law student with a mind as sharp as a tack. We are of the like mind on this one, and she is mature enough to say she doesn't know enough about the Kenosha Kid to offer an opinion. Her politics lean left, but her grasp of the law is spot on.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I was just asking a question about the guy recording the incident and his culpability.
    I already had an opinion about the other two, who are getting what they deserve.

Top Bottom