• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NMTMarksman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Hey TGT! I've been stumbling around the internet looking for a good iwb holster, and I came across one company called alien gear. From the looks of it they make a pretty good holster and reviews are decent. I was just curious if anyone here has one and what they think about it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns International

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    A girl I'm talking to let me onto these about a month back. At first, I was like "If it's so good-why haven't I heard of it??"-Yea, I actually said that. lol But then I looked into it and I gotta say-it looks impressive. She told me a bunch of her LEO buddies use them off duty-so that tells me they're holding up for people. Then that warranty is just IMPRESSIVE!! 30 day money back guarantee, and if it makes it past that, there's still a full warranty on it for life? Damn. All that, AND they're cheap?? Yea, I think I'm gonna try one out this summer. I've had a hard time finding a holster that I like for my M&P, so I'll give them a shot. If not, it's nice knowing I can send it back and have it switched to fit a different gun whenever I want.

NMTMarksman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Ya that warranty and ability to switch out kydex with them definitely has my attention.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I'm gonna order one. I'll post a review after I break it in. I used to get mine from a guy out of Dallas but he stopped making them. This is so damn cheap.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    While I do enjoy keeping it in Texas, those White Hat Holsters are just as much as if I had a local guy make them-plus shipping. On top of that, they only replace parts if it broke due to defect. Alien gear will replace parts if they break for any reason at all. I like that because that tells me they're not going to try and snake out of replacing a broken part by blaming it on mis-use. Then there's also the whole changing of the Kydex thing. That's pretty cool too.

Like I said-I love keeping it in Tx...and when a Tx company comes along that operates like Alien Gear, I'll keep my money with them.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Well it sounds like White Hat needs to change the way they advertise things on their website so we know this. I went to their warranty page and they made it seem like "well...we'll replace your parts-but only after you mail it in and we deem it was premature failure due to a bad part".

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Understood. I just sent them an email asking how I could condition the leather as one of the Chicago screws wasn't biting. I think it was actually the screw not the leather but they sent both. For free.

As far as their customer facing warranty/customer service online...I dont know. A lot of companies are bad at advertising, customer service although they make good products.

Hope to see Alien Gear reviews if you guys go that route.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I've got an Alien Gear holster with a couple of extra shells for different pistols. Pretty decent holster, but after I bought a couple of holsters from Firearmholster.com, the AG holsters mostly stay in a drawer. I use it for my S&W 39-2 on the rare occasions I carry it.

NMTMarksman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    I bought my Alien Gear at Christmas. Wear it almost every day. I'm happy with it, but re-holstering your weapon seems a bit awkward. Not a show stopper though.

How awkward? Like having to mess with your belt to get it to go in? Or just pushing harder to get it to go in?

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    How awkward? Like having to mess with your belt to get it to go in? Or just pushing harder to get it to go in?

Just getting it in at the right angle and having to pull you belt away from your body. I have to be looking at the holster as I'm re-holstering. As for tension, it's adjustable, but mine was perfect from the factory.

NMTMarksman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Ok so theoretically you could just pull on your belt without looking at the holster to get it to reholster?

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    Ok so theoretically you could just pull on your belt without looking at the holster to get it to reholster?

Yea, I think after a few times of re-holstering it would become natural.

After thinking about it, let me add a couple of things about this type holster. The Alien Gear is the first holster of this type I’ve ever owned. I normally carry directly on the hip or appendix carry. I like the Alien Gear, but there are a couple of considerations.

The factory recommended position to wear the holster puts the gun almost on top of your right rear pocket; almost like back carry. But with the cant it’s still comfortable and easy to reach your gun. This is a very good position while you’re standing up or walking around. But it’s an uncomfortable position when sitting in your car. When leaning back in the seat the holster presses into your back. Not very comfortable. Also, the instructions that came with the holster say skinny people may have a problem wearing directly on the hip. But that’s not a problem for me.

This issue probably not limited to Alien, but to most holsters of this type. I wear the Alien when I know I’ll be standing, like grocery shopping or going to the mall. But if I’ll be sitting I wear a different type holster.

My two cents.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    I had an issue with holstering with my Galco. My holster was low enough that my belt kind of closed over the top of the kydex when the gun was drawn. I would have to reach over and clear it before holstering. I don't have that problem with my current holster and now realize I could of moved the clips to lift the holster and solve the problem. You do have to have the gun at a certain angle to holster but after a while it gets pretty automatic.

Top Bottom