• ...and so much more!
  • Kaos

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2014
    Plano
    Looks like a great holster. My only dislike on it is that its not fully enclosed at the bottom (not a show stopper, just a personal preference). I have a Blanco, and like it, but ordered a new one that is simliar to this one, that should be arriving hopefully by the time I get home from Alaska. If I dont like this new one, I will prob check this one out on account of the price.
    Venture Surplus ad

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Have a brand new Alien Gear IWB for a J-frame model 38 Bodyguard that's never been used. A chronic right shoulder problem makes it tough for me to reach back to the holster's recommended belt position, not something you want in an edc setup, making it is totally useless to me.

If anyone is interested, or knows someone who carries a j-frame who can actually get some use out if it, PM me.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    From my experience the interchangeable shells thing doesn't work as well as it sounds. I used to use a MTAC and after 1 year of carrying my P30 in it the leather is almost useless at retaining any other handgun that isn't a P30.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    From my experience the interchangeable shells thing doesn't work as well as it sounds. I used to use a MTAC and after 1 year of carrying my P30 in it the leather is almost useless at retaining any other handgun that isn't a P30.

I'm assuming the leather starts to take shape of the other side of the gun?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I've had my Alien Gear for my Gen4 G19 for about nine months now and I have to say that I probably won't buy any other holster for as long as I can. It's damn comfortable and affordable. As far as reholstering, I've practiced my draw so much that I don't need to look at it or use my offhand to insert my Glock into the holster. Great holster for an excellent price.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Very interesting. Probably the next IWB holster I'll buy.

I do have a MTAC IWB holster, which I love. No problems. I don't have to look, like when I practice. but I would NEVER not look when holstering a loaded weapon. It is just asking for a NG.

Holstering is the most dangerous thing I do in my daily life (other than driving to work and back). I realize that and slowly and deliberately holster.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Been waiting for mine for 4 weeks now (but they did say 4-6 weeks when I ordered). Will be the first time I've IWB carried, so will be new to me.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Been waiting for mine for 4 weeks now (but they did say 4-6 weeks when I ordered). Will be the first time I've IWB carried, so will be new to me.

My biggest issue with the wait is that I wasn't notified of the wait until AFTER I had placed the order. Sure did take my money fast though. Noticed the charge within a day.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Very interesting. Probably the next IWB holster I'll buy.

I do have a MTAC IWB holster, which I love. No problems. I don't have to look, like when I practice. but I would NEVER not look when holstering a loaded weapon. It is just asking for a NG.

Holstering is the most dangerous thing I do in my daily life (other than driving to work and back). I realize that and slowly and deliberately holster.

I agree and there's nothing wrong with taking extra precautionary measures. I'm just saying it's like muscle memory for me and I always keep my trigger finger close to the top of the slide when handling my firearm, especially when reholstering. Not to mention Alien Gears are designed with ample space between the leather backing and kydex so it won't snag on anything.

My biggest issue with the wait is that I wasn't notified of the wait until AFTER I had placed the order. Sure did take my money fast though. Noticed the charge within a day.

It's the black leather. They're in such high demand that people are waiting for weeks. I got mine long before the holster became popular so I only had to wait a week.

-PAK-

Couyon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    NW of Austin
    Just noticed that Alien Gear is selling some models on Ebay with a 2 day ship commitment. The price is the same as their website. I have two on the way. I hope to post a review once I've had time with them.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I got mine in 4 weeks. Wore it for a week as delivered, then decided to punch some new holes and realign the kydex. This is my first IWB, and other than a bit self conscious about my shirttail, I am finding it very comfortable, even when sitting in my bucket seat. I can even draw it while belted. I have worn all day for more than a week now, and I'm very happy.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park

Same issue here. No notice of the 4-6 week wait until after they took my money. Crossbreed is a long wait but at least they tell you up front. If my holster maker hadn't stopped making them I would still order from him. 2 days from Dallas including shipping for $45 with horsehide.

Couyon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    NW of Austin
    I ordered one for the Glock 19 and one for the XDS 9. They arrived in two weeks. They look well made. I'll be giving them a workout over the next few weeks and will take them on cross country trek soon.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I ordered one for the Glock 19 and one for the XDS 9. They arrived in two weeks. They look well made. I'll be giving them a workout over the next few weeks and will take them on cross country trek soon.

I can speak on behalf of the G19. It's by far the most comfortable holster I know of and I often forget my gun is there. I even bump it with the back of my hand for reassurance. Great holsters and awesome an company.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    The girlfriend bought me one for my Sig P938 since I was a little skeptical. I love it so much that I plan on buying another one for my M&P9.

Schroderson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    I ordered one yesterday, also received the message that it will take 4-6 weeks to receive. I'm a ccw greenhorn so I appreciate all the info and reviews I've been able to process on this site.

Top Bottom