• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    I have a black alien gear for a xd45 compact. It didn't suit me. I paid extra for tthe straps as well. I would sell it locally if someone wants it. Local being New Braunfels area. I am sure it will fit other xd models.
    My issue was that I wanted to get away from the metal clips on holsters. I have enough holes in shirts over the last 10+ years from rubbing up against stuff and the metal clip slicing at the fabric when it gets pinched. The straps didn't position it at the same heights as the metal clips. They were a little off. If I offset the holes to get more cant, it was too much cant. No fine tune adjustment. Wish someone would make one that is leather and kydex with a roto on it to dial in the desired cant you want. Like the Fobus roto-holster. But leather/kydex and iwb.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I have a black alien gear for a xd45 compact. It didn't suit me. I paid extra for tthe straps as well. I would sell it locally if someone wants it. Local being New Braunfels area. I am sure it will fit other xd models.
    My issue was that I wanted to get away from the metal clips on holsters. I have enough holes in shirts over the last 10+ years from rubbing up against stuff and the metal clip slicing at the fabric when it gets pinched. The straps didn't position it at the same heights as the metal clips. They were a little off. If I offset the holes to get more cant, it was too much cant. No fine tune adjustment. Wish someone would make one that is leather and kydex with a roto on it to dial in the desired cant you want. Like the Fobus roto-holster. But leather/kydex and iwb.
    Did you try the plastic gator clips or the J hooks? Mine has three different height adjustments on either side to tailor the angle and height you want it to ride.

FYI on selling your holster, I use my galco that's kydex formed for my old XDSC40 that work for my XDm 5.25 and XDm 4.5 so it should work well for pretty much any XD or XDm. The full size grips just hand off the leather a bit.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Just got my 2.0 tuckable a few days ago. Got it for a G42, very comfortable, easy to put on, wearing it all day. Considering either another one or a shell for my G30. Just depends on whether I want to go to the trouble of a shell change. Currently carry the G30 in a Crossbreed wanna be. Also, delivery was about 6 weeks from order. Also, retention is very good as received so not messing with it.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I ordered one over a month ago for a G19. I've received 2 emails claiming they haven't forgotten about my order. Still waiting.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Im sending mine back. Not nearly as comfortable as a broken in leather holster. If anyone wants a 2.0 with jhooks for a shield to skip the wait I'll sell it for what it cost me otherwise its in the mail Thursday.

NMTMarksman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    That's a shame you are sending yours back. I really love mine, but to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NMTMarksman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Like I said I really really like mine. It's not a bad holster but obviously not meant for everyone. You definitely get what you pay for.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Im considering keeping it just in case I want to carry the shield some day since my new white hat holster only has the kydex for the XDs 4.0 Ive got coming.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Well wish you all would of posted the negatives before I ordered.................:confused:

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink.

Holsters are especially particular because of body contour. Every person is different and their views are completely subjective. I've had my leather AG for about 11 months now and I couldn't imagine using any other holster. Just try it out and if you don't like it, take advantage of AG's return policy and send that bitch back with no hard feelings.

NMTMarksman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    That is the great thing about AG. I going to have to send mine in for repairs when I get back from school( yay no firearms in the dorms!) on of the fasteners did not grip the leather and was falling out when I got it. I basically used the screw tension to hold it in place for the one day I wore it before I left for school.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    That is the great thing about AG. I going to have to send mine in for repairs when I get back from school( yay no firearms in the dorms!) on of the fasteners did not grip the leather and was falling out when I got it. I basically used the screw tension to hold it in place for the one day I wore it before I left for school.

The beauty of their iron clad guarantee is free repairs or parts replacement, no questions asked.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom