• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Anyone else hear Alien Gear is merging with Old Faithful? I heard there was an email sent out about it but I don't see anything on their site about it.
    DK Firearms

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Might explain why I'm at 7 weeks with no holster shipped. I'm sure they're busy and they're good holsters but I cant see myself ever waiting this long again.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Might explain why I'm at 7 weeks with no holster shipped. I'm sure they're busy and they're good holsters but I cant see myself ever waiting this long again.

I had a problem with that also. I thought the holster was well worth the price and the wait, but did have a bit of a problem with them on email and their FaceBook page over shipping, with at least one employee, IMO, not being exactly straightforward on the issue.

Last edited:

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Got mine in today. Changed out the spacers and adjusted retention a bit and now I'll break it in over the next month or so. First impression is good.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Y'all have given such great reviews that I think I'll order one for my G19. I'm just concerned about sweating a lot on it. My leather belts stretch because of how much sweating and moving around I do at work. Any of you use the alien gear 2.0 IWB and sweat profusely all day?

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    BUMP! AlienGear owners! Wake up or take a break from work and answer my question! :pounce: I want to order one already.
    I sweat a lot at the gym, but my pistol is in my bag there. We have way too much air conditioning in my office to break a sweat.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I sweat a lot at the gym, but my pistol is in my bag there. We have way too much air conditioning in my office to break a sweat.

There's AC on the train but I don't sit on it all day unless I'm lucky. Most days at some point if not majority of a 12 hr shift, I'm outside busting ass.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I work construction and wear mine while out laying asphalt/prepping future pad sites/ect. My holster holds up great and my gun doesn't seem to have any issues with moisture.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    To add to this, I used to use a Galco holster and would have to clean the rust off my gun weekly. So I do get pretty warm while out there working. Now, with this new Alien Gear, I don't ever find any moisture at all on my gun. On top of that, it looks like I'm gonna have to sell my Sig P938 for gas money so I contacted Alien Gear about the shell exchange so I can switch over to my M&P9. They're staying true to their word about just letting us simply swap out shells.

Also-if y'all haven't noticed-alien gear has added some great new info to their main page. Scroll on down and check it all out if you haven't been on in a month or so!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Here's mine. I picked it up early June, so it's still fairly new. However, I wear it daily and out on the jobsites. It's very comfortable and as you can see its past the break in process and still looks pretty damn good. They do make different sized leathers to accommodate for longer barrels, but other than that, they're all the same backing. I was pleased to find out I can order different shells for about $12 a pop and just swap those vs having to buy multiple holsters. Much cheaper that way and swapping shells is very easy.

uploadfromtaptalk1407352639170.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407352649580.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407352656306.jpg

NMTMarksman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Mine just shipped yesterday exactly 1 month after I ordered it. Can't wait to get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom