• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Get the original cowhide backed holster and you'll be happier.

n4w3gm.jpg

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Hearing a lot of mixed reviews about these alien gear on here.....tried on my first hybrid holster (galco king tuc) this weekend and it seemed great! Anything comparable out there without the $70 price tag?

Probably just gonna sack up and get a crossbreed but I am ballin on a student's budget...

NMTMarksman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    I could link you YouTube videos saying that alien gear makes the best holster, and I could do the same for many other brands of holsters. To be brief I can say that for the price you pay alien gear is a great value. I don't think that there is a holster system out there that can please everyone. That's why there are mixed reviews. I can only speak for myself and I think it's a great holster. And if you don't like it you can send it back to them for a refund. From what I'm hearing from the reviews most know right away whether the holster will work for their Edc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Hearing a lot of mixed reviews about these alien gear on here.....tried on my first hybrid holster (galco king tuc) this weekend and it seemed great! Anything comparable out there without the $70 price tag?

Probably just gonna sack up and get a crossbreed but I am ballin on a student's budget...

Crossbreed is great and all but what sold me on the AG was the ability to adjust retention which is something that CB can't do. The CB uses rivets instead of screws on the kydex so if it starts to get loose from normal use they suggest using a hair dryer to shrink the leather and regain retention which is pretty ridiculous. If that happens to the AG, you just bust out the handy allen wrench (that they provide) and tighten the screws. Not to mention the $30 price tag on the leather back holster is hard to beat. But hey, do what you think is best. As long as you carry comfortably everyday it shouldn't matter what holster you use.

Last edited:

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy

The cowhide AG is going to be nearly identical to the king tuc & CB holsters. Don't fall for the neoprene-backed holster like I did. Had a cheap-o Foxx hybrid ($35 amazon) and loved it.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Oh, I wear the Alien Gear 2.0 IWB with only an untucked shirt, no T shirt between the holster and me. Carrying a G42. Very comfortable all day.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Oh, I wear the Alien Gear 2.0 IWB with only an untucked shirt, no T shirt between the holster and me. Carrying a G42. Very comfortable all day.
    Gotcha...that makes sense now!

Gonna order the 2 pack tonight and just return em if they dont work......my only debate is which 2nd holster to get....

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Order placed...ordered one of each type (for my 2 diff carry guns) and I can mix parts around or return for exchange if I like one over the other!

Now, hopefully it gets here quick so I can start running em!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Just ordered a few things off Alien Gear and got an email response from "Tedder Industries". It looks like Tedder is in charge of Alien Gear Holsters, Old Faithful, and Goliath Gun Belts.

Tedder Industries

Last edited:

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    3f3a2c878ca797421a130d26f04efe65.jpg

Just replaced the neoprene backed base with the cowhide. Not only is it thicker and feel sturdier, but instantly more comfortable. I love all the features of the 2.0 but it really should come with cowhide base as an option. After the $16 base, shipping and cost of original holster, I'm still into it for less than $60 - for what I consider a superior holster anything in that price range (crossbreed, comp-tac, etc.)

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Finally got mine.....ordered one leather and one neoprene....ended up with 2 neoprene and I'm not liking the neoprene because it didn't seem aligned right. Emailed aliengear and within a few days a very nice representative called me to learn more about the situation....when I explained the mix up and my concerns with alignment she promptly sent me 2 new bases free of charge and told me to keep the old ones because it was their mistake.

I am loving the leather base and will order another I also love that aliengear took care of it beyond what was required without any argument. Poor Customer service is one of my biggest pet peeves so when I find a company with excellent CS I tend to be loyal!

Top Bottom