• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Everything seems focused on alcohol. Maybe she is a pill popper and cannot drive under the influence of pills. Blood test will reveal all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Everything seems focused on alcohol. Maybe she is a pill popper and cannot drive under the influence of pills. Blood test will reveal all.

Or, maybe, the retarded , illiterate diversity hire from DPD got it wrong.watch the body cam video and listen to this halfwit “officer” explain the breathalyzer in terms of “jus’ put the tip in your mouth, not the whole thang, jus’ the tip”

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Yeah she kinda bombed the SFST's. Video wasn't close enough to make a call on HGN but she did have clues on W&T and OLS. Officer administered the tests correctly based on what I saw in the video. I can't speak on the roadside PBT as we don't use them here. Any other SFST trained LE care to comment after watching the entire video?

If she blew zeros then maybe the officer could have called out a DRE for an exam. I don't know DPD policy. SFST's aren't accurate 100% of the time, there is a margin of error and the officer administering the test can play a role in that IMO. There's no way my dad could pass any SFST on his best days and he doesn't drink. He's just old.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    If she blew zeros then maybe the officer could have called out a DRE for an exam. I don't know DPD policy. SFST's aren't accurate 100% of the time, there is a margin of error and the officer administering the test can play a role in that IMO. There's no way my dad could pass any SFST on his best days and he doesn't drink. He's just old.
    That's basically the case with Mrs. West from what I understand. She's had an aneurysm in the past, and it likely has a distinct effect on her apparent physical coordination.

As to being under the influence of something other than alcohol, that seems unlikely based on what others close to the issue say. I suppose the blood test results will be relevant.

But this really does not look good for DPD or the prosecutor.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    As I said elsewhere, I could not care less about what happened to his wife. His response(s) to the incident haven’t done much to sway me to support his candidacy. I suspect this would have all stayed fairly quiet until he opened his mouth. Either the BAC blood draw comes back to support the charge or it doesn’t.
    yeah that too. His response to it doesn't do much to help him or her either. I can understand him being upset about people attacking his wife to score political points, but there were probably better ways to respond. On the bright side, we might get some DUI reform out of this.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I for one am in favor of his response. We need to call bullshit out loud and clear when it exposes itself using whatever platform will get the message out as far and wide as possible. Remember what taking the “high road” and being meek have gotten us in the last 50 years.
    As I said elsewhere, I could not care less about what happened to his wife. His response(s) to the incident haven’t done much to sway me to support his candidacy. I suspect this would have all stayed fairly quiet until he opened his mouth. Either the BAC blood draw comes back to support the charge or it doesn’t.

yeah that too. His response to it doesn't do much to help him or her either. I can understand him being upset about people attacking his wife to score political points, but there were probably better ways to respond. On the bright side, we might get some DUI reform out of this.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I for one am in favor of his response. We need to call bullshit out loud and clear when it exposes itself using whatever platform will get the message out as far and wide as possible. Remember what taking the “high road” and being meek have gotten us in the last 50 years.
    Personally I liked it. Yes, he's taking a risk in looking like a fool with it if it turns out that she was intoxicated, but if he has the balls and he's certain she didn't do what they claim, then the risk is his choice. And if there's anyone you should throw everything you are into backing, it's your wife. I just mean that I can see how it might be received poorly by other people, especially people who didn't bother to learn the facts of the matter or who have been through the same process but don't have the visibility or political clout to make the same demands.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have to agree with Hoji on this one. The blood draw will confirm one way or the other. The rest was not conclusive either way. If it is confirmed she was not intoxicated, yup, they need to follow up.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    And the usual anti police are out.

Think about this. What started the entire thing? Erratic driving. If you believe the officer targeted her as Allan Wests wife, dream on. His response is what bothers me. Full blown "my wife can do no wrong". Demanding apologies before facts are known. I'm not feeling as good about his judgement as I once was.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    And the usual anti police are out.

Think about this. What started the entire thing? Erratic driving. If you believe the officer targeted her as Allan Wests wife, dream on. His response is what bothers me. Full blown "my wife can do no wrong". Demanding apologies before facts are known. I'm not feeling as good about his judgement as I once was.
    Did you watch the body cam video?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I for one am in favor of his response…

I have to agree with Hoji on this one…

I don’t disagree in general however, I prefer to wait to see the prosecution have to drop the charges due to lack of supporting evidence. His early response reeks of “don’t you know who I am”. It’s not the first time he’s demonstrated that behavior.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I don’t disagree in general however, I prefer to wait to see the prosecution have to drop the charges due to lack of supporting evidence. His early response reeks of “don’t you know who I am”. It’s not the first time he’s demonstrated that behavior.
    That behavior was pretty effective in making the jihadis fear him.
    That behavior made the republipukes fear him so much they redrew his district in Florida and basically ceded his seat to a communist.

TexasBB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2014
    She was weaving off the road, stopped in the middle lane when asked to pull over, failed the sobriety test and then barely breathed into the BT when asked to give one long breath three different times. I hope it turns out this was due to her medical issues but you can hardly blame the officer. Perhaps she shouldn’t be driving.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    That behavior was pretty effective in making the jihadis fear him.
    That behavior made the republipukes fear him so much they redrew his district in Florida and basically ceded his seat to a communist.

Compared to the usual slime politician, I’m sure his character is better than theirs, but he and I both have a piece of paper on our wall that says The President of the United States of America has placed special trust and confidence in the patriotism, valor, fidelity, and ability of <Insert Full Name>…

The difference between him and I is that he has another piece of paper that specifically states his actions have brought discredit to him, the United States Army, and the United States.

He was allowed to retire in lieu of resignation, is active on the rolls of the Texas Military Department, and is eligible to he recalled to Active Duty. He doesn’t get a pass on being held to a higher standard just because he’s chosen lay with dogs.

Top Bottom