• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I did. And you started with one of the more badge sniffing comments that get made when folks are critical of police fuckery.

Answered your question. Now answer mine. Or just go back to badge sniffing, whatever.
    I don't think you're going to get a straight answer. The badges are too shiny...
    Texas SOT

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I did. And you started with one of the more badge sniffing comments that get made when folks are critical of police fuckery.

Answered your question. Now answer mine. Or just go back to badge sniffing, whatever.

I asked what caused her to be stopped?

Didn't say anything about what happened afterward although it was "By the Book".

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The vehicle behind West and next to the patrol car was also in the shoulder. There was nothing unusual about her driving. There is no PC in this arrest. The Chief is going to take the officers side and manufacture what evidence he can. To me this is pure politics. If you follow anybody they will violate some traffic law.
    Nothing more than the todays practice of weaponizing government to protect the swamp
    The officer sounded to me like she had at least a 5th grade education. Obviously reading the instructions like she had never seen them before.
    In a right world even Fluffy Abbott would condemn this abuse of authority. No blood test needed

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yea, I noticed the vehicle behind her as well. No swerving back and forth. No erratic speed.
    Stopping in the middle lane? Does anyone besides me aware how many people DON'T pull over to the right for emergency vehicles. I lost count of the number of vehicles I have seen stop in the middle or cross a lane to pull over to the left.
    Looked more like she was inattentive or distracted doing something. Or indecisive. Or like my mother, has trouble seeing at night.
    The test? I can't stand on one foot on my best day. Even though she seemed to be doing the pen test correctly, the officer kept giving her the instructions. Hard to tell from the angle. She did not do the heel to toe walk correctly, but there was no stumbling. And My wife can't pass that test sober let alone drinking.
    Be interesting to see the results of the blood test.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Number 1. At least 3 seperate FST' s are required, unless the suspect is flat out falling down drunk, which was obviously not the case here. 2. Clear concise instructions, not jibberish ebonics," just put the tip in yo' mouth," " uh, uh, consistent, uh, uh, blow, uh, uh," statements. 3. The one FST that was administered, showed a person that at best was a .03, not standing securely on one foot. No offense, but chubby people are at a disadvantage here, especially, in the dark. On the side of the road, ( no effort in video to show even, unobstructed surface) and in what footwear? 4. No comment by officer in video to say what breathalyzer showed. 5. The article alludes to an "odor of alchohol from a cup containing liquid," and then states that the cup was not seized as evidence, I call BS! This is either the most incompetent officer out there, or this is a setup! I supervised investigations, and filed cases for 14 years, I would not let this BS past my desk, to even attempt a filing, and I would have words with the supervisor who signed this report!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Yeah she kinda bombed the SFST's. Video wasn't close enough to make a call on HGN but she did have clues on W&T and OLS. Officer administered the tests correctly based on what I saw in the video. I can't speak on the roadside PBT as we don't use them here. Any other SFST trained LE care to comment after watching the entire video?

If she blew zeros then maybe the officer could have called out a DRE for an exam. I don't know DPD policy. SFST's aren't accurate 100% of the time, there is a margin of error and the officer administering the test can play a role in that IMO. There's no way my dad could pass any SFST on his best days and he doesn't drink. He's just old.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    IDKNWTSTAM, I don't know what the shit those abbreviations mean. Not everyone is in the loop with you. For those of us uneducated folk perhaps words would mean something. I can do plenty of abbreviations in my fields that you wouldn't understand either.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have lost track of the number of times a police officer said they could smell alchohol on my breath.
    I was drinking black coffee. They get mad when I tell them they need to get their nose recalibrated.
    No alchohol in months. Sometimes a year or more.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I was pulled over one night in Fort Stockton. DPS Officer said he smelled alcohol. I had not had a beer in two weeks and had never had an open container in my truck. He gave me the pupil test four times and I passed them all. I blew 0s on the breathalyzer and he still commented that he thought I was drunk. He asked to look in the Playmate cooler I had in the front floor board. Sure I said…..ice and bottled water. When he asked me why I was speeding up and the slowing down, I told him I was hoping the jackass behind me with his bright lights on would pass me or fall farther behind me. He let me go when I said I was calling my Attorney……Little Man’s syndrome.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    IDKNWTSTAM, I don't know what the shit those abbreviations mean. Not everyone is in the loop with you. For those of us uneducated folk perhaps words would mean something. I can do plenty of abbreviations in my fields that you wouldn't understand either.

W&T - Walk & Turn
    OLS - One leg stand
    SFST - Standardized field sobriety test
    HGN - Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus
    PBT - portable breath test
    DRE - Drug Recognition Expert

My comment was aimed more at other LE (that would know the abbreviations) on this forum that are trained in administering standardized field sobriety tests, to see what their opinions were.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Not circling back. Merely asking what caused her to be stopped? A reasonable person seeing the driving exhibited would question the ability of the driver.

Agree or Disagree?
    I actually disagree. She drifted. It happens. I did not see what has been described as “erratic” driving.
    As to failure to use turn signal, if they are going to open their cockholsters and say this out loud, I expect to see 100% of the DPD out there 15 days a month enforcing this. Every officer from patrol to the chief and every reserve officer.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I am not defending of criticizing her actions, or the officer's actions in this case. IMO, the the video on it's own isn't conclusive to make such a judgement.

Even if her BAC was under the legal limit of 0.08, she can still be charged with driving while impaired from my understanding.

Also from my understanding, that some of this comes under the discretion of the officer making the stop.

There are many things that can make a person impaired to drive and not involving alcohol in any way.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW

This receipt showing that West's wife did indeed eat at PF Changs, no alcohol ordered, and the time code of printing the receipt is a half hour before her traffic stop. So after receiving her check, waiting for the waiter to process her CC, pack up her months old grand child into her car, she was pulled over minutes later.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

This receipt showing that West's wife did indeed eat at PF Changs, no alcohol ordered, and the time code of printing the receipt is a half hour before her traffic stop. So after receiving her check, waiting for the waiter to process her CC, pack up her months old grand child into her car, she was pulled over minutes later.
    That only shows no alcohol was ordered at the restaurant. The blood test, or breathalyzer test would be more conclusive proof if she had been drinking alcohol, and how much.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Or, maybe, the retarded , illiterate diversity hire from DPD got it wrong.watch the body cam video and listen to this halfwit “officer” explain the breathalyzer in terms of “jus’ put the tip in your mouth, not the whole thang, jus’ the tip”
    Col. West making a scene isn't going to get him anywhere. I didn't watch any videos or read anything too in depth, but once you are arrested you go to jail, and your kids or grandkids don't get to go with you. I have heard of nothing unsafe or questionable. At first I too questioned the arrest, but reports were she takes a medication which can cause drowsiness etc.

DWI has three elements in TxPC 49.04: OPERATES a motor vehicle in a PUBLIC PLACE, while INTOXICATED. There is no culpable mental state.

You can be INTOXICATED one of two ways:

-not having the normal use of mental or physical faculties by reason of the introduction of any substance into the body.

-Or a BAC of .08 or more

I suspect she took some medication and became intoxicated.

I have made several DWI arrests where I was confident there was no alcohol on-board. They blew .000 and I later discovered a bunch of bars (xanax) or sleeping pills or they admitted that they had taken coke or something else and denied (rightfully) alcohol.

I like Col West but I wish he would save the arguing for court instead of social media when it is a question of opinion of how someone did a job he doesn't do, isn't trained on and frankly he is ignorant of its common procedures.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Col. West making a scene isn't going to get him anywhere. I didn't watch any videos or read anything too in depth, but once you are arrested you go to jail, and your kids or grandkids don't get to go with you. I have heard of nothing unsafe or questionable. At first I too questioned the arrest, but reports were she takes a medication which can cause drowsiness etc.

DWI has three elements in TxPC 49.04: OPERATES a motor vehicle in a PUBLIC PLACE, while INTOXICATED. There is no culpable mental state.

-not having the normal use of mental or physical faculties by reason of the introduction of any substance into the body.

-Or a BAC of .08 or more

I have made several DWI arrests where I was confident there was no alcohol on-board. They blew .000 and I later discovered a bunch of bars (xanax) or sleeping pills or they admitted that they had taken coke or something else and denied (rightfully) alcohol.

I like Col West but I wish he would save the arguing for court instead of social media when it is a question of opinion of how someone did a job he doesn't do, isn't trained on and frankly he is ignorant of its common procedures.

In one way I agree with you, but in another way I can see where he is coming from.

In regards to my own wife, when there have been instances of someone that I felt was disrespecting her, or treating her unfairly. whether real or perceived, I have gotten extremely angry and quite vocal.

I'm not saying I condone his actions, but I can understand them.

In regards to him personally, looking at possibly becoming a candidate for political office, I'm not ready yet to throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas

-Or a BAC of .08 or more

From the video did the arresting officer sound like a rookie in training or did everything sound kosher to you? As a non LEO the cop using a cheat sheet and just sounded like she didn't know what she was doing. Your opinion?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Yeah she kinda bombed the SFST's. Video wasn't close enough to make a call on HGN but she did have clues on W&T and OLS. Officer administered the tests correctly based on what I saw in the video. I can't speak on the roadside PBT as we don't use them here. Any other SFST trained LE care to comment after watching the entire video?

If she blew zeros then maybe the officer could have called out a DRE for an exam. I don't know DPD policy. SFST's aren't accurate 100% of the time, there is a margin of error and the officer administering the test can play a role in that IMO. There's no way my dad could pass any SFST on his best days and he doesn't drink. He's just old.

Here is what I saw.
    Driver unable to maintain lane. I hope the stop was for more than being over in the shoulder, but the suspect took 40 sec to finally stop behind other traffic in the middle lane of the road when there were reasonable places to pull over. Then the driver couldnt understand the simple (assumed) instructions "pull onto the road by the waffle house and stop" and had to be told again.

Car got moved...

HGN which was admin'd fine IMO, but couldn't see eyes well enough on the camera to view any clues.

For the W&T and OLS

W&T INSTRUCTIONS:
    -forgot to instruct to "look down at your feet while walking" (this helped Mrs West)
    - I was taught to define the imaginary line as "about the width of your foot"

W&T CLUES
    -Out of position/balance during instructions
    -Stopped
    -Missed heel-to-toe
    -Stepped off line? (How wide was it)
    -Improper turn?

I couldn't see if she used arms for balance ot the first pass or not, looked like it but dash cam show show it.

OLS INSTRUCTIONS
    -Probably could have corrected the arms out demo by Mrs. West..

OLS CLUES
    -Used arms for balance
    -put foot down
    -sway

These tests are not pass-fail, but the clues I saw lead me to believe the officer made the correct arrest decision, more so when the totality of the circumstances (the driving in the shoulder and the 40 seconds to finally stop in the middle of the road, no yielding to emergency lights, then taking two sets of instructions to get the suspect vehicle to a safe place) are taken into consideration.

OFFICER SAFETY:
    -Don't walk back to get you fucking phone. Have it with you or wear a watch.

The officer is obviously on FTO, but checked the important boxes and did good job with a less than simple intoxicated driver.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I actually disagree. She drifted. It happens. I did not see what has been described as “erratic” driving.
    As to failure to use turn signal, if they are going to open their cockholsters and say this out loud, I expect to see 100% of the DPD out there 15 days a month enforcing this. Every officer from patrol to the chief and every reserve officer.
    Remember cameras don't tell the whole story any more than any other evidence or testimony.

I did not see a good stop from the video, but I don't know what happened before the video... I know how important it is to make sure the per se violation is on video if at all possible, and if it is a stop based on "reasonable suspicion due to circumstances, I want those circumstances on camera too so the prosecutor, defense and a jury can see what I saw.

The driver's actions after the lights came on lead me to SUSPECT they had more than the video showed, but we shall see.

Top Bottom