• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I was pulled over EACH time with the LP lights functioning. It was a FALSE stop.
    Who is the one person able to do something about this apparently bad cop and what did they do to stop it?

For the last bit of time, well over a decade police cars have been equipped with cameras which might show if the LP light was working or not. All you had to do is call up a supervisor, then, road side, or soon after and explain what was happening. *IF* this guy was out there making false stops that is a BIG deal and should not be allowed to continue. Letting it happen once is bad enough but how many times will you need to be victimized before you simply say something? If someone will lie to get stops why would they not lie to get searches or make arrests. I feel it is everyone's duty when there is blatant law breaking to say/do something as the situation dictates and would strongly encourage you to make a complaint, even now. It may not go towards formal discipline, but it might put folks on alert and they might can take some real action.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Honestly, I have been stopped numerous times for an LP light that wasn't working. On a lot of pickup trucks, those lights get a lot of abuse. Many times I have walked to the back on such stopped and lightly kicked the bumper, and the light is back to working.

I have been stopped and walked to the back and the light was working as well. Maybe he did observe the light not working at one point and if that is true, his reasons for stopping me were justified.

Now if it were multiple times by the same officer, and the light was working, I'd sure follow @cycleguy2300 advice and look to speaking to the officer's supervisor or filing a formal complaint.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I don't like the real world I want to go and live in cycleguy2300's fantasy world.
    Lights work and some don't and that's why you will not get justice for an officers fishing expedition. The worst cases get a monetary penalty and you gotta fix the car, so the nod goes to the officer. And if you are guilty of ANYTHING then the officer is a hero and his arrest record is enhanced. Its not fair but then this is not a fair world, that I live in anyway.

One other thing, some of the stories I'm reading here were taught in the academy 40 years ago. They were not new then. Think about it. You have a large vehicle approach at night from the rear to tailgating distance. The headlights go out, come back on and the the vehicle backs off. Are you watching your speed and lane position? Hell no that was a Cop car and you are glued to the rearview mirror.
    Today that officer could say he was hoping to get your lack of light on your plate on his dash cam. But then you crossed into the shoulder and were erratic. You lose.

Top Bottom