• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I'm not going to speculate on that. I don't know and really don't care to play what ifs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I think we all know what the answer to that is.
    I can completely appreciate your sentiment on feeling the way you do about a chief backing an officer though.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    He should have said when the justice system does its job I expect public apologies for those of you attempting to play gotcha and using this against me.

No shitting on anyone but enemies. Same results, different delivery, col west looks like a leader.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I think the Texas establishment types are not ready for a black governor.
    Fluffy Abbott is way too smart to be involved in this.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    But his staff might not be. Or other members of the legislature. Think scumbaggery like this would be outside of a Dennis Bonnen type?

Honestly? No. The pull necessary to ensure either Mr or Mrs West is surveilled sufficiently enough to allow for something like this to happen would entail a net cast wide enough that it could not be kept under wraps.

Besides, there pretty much wasn’t any coverage until West blew it up.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    But his staff might not be. Or other members of the legislature. Think scumbaggery like this would be outside of a Dennis Bonnen type?
    No I do not. Abbott and Bonnen are still close buddies

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Honestly? No. The pull necessary to ensure either Mr or Mrs West is surveilled sufficiently enough to allow for something like this to happen would entail a net cast wide enough that it could not be kept under wraps.

Pretty big coincidence that one of his senior staffers and his wife were pulled over at about the same time.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009

This story is not over. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. We will know more in time

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have to agree with @toddnjoyce on this. Could be entirely a coincidence. If it wasn't, then at some point information will leak out that it wasn't.

What was the outcome, or results of the staffer who was stopped?
    You should read the links I post;) it would save me the trouble of reposting them in the same thread.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You should read the links I post;) it would save me the trouble of reposting them in the same thread.
    Thanks for providing that link. I must have missed it before.

The article alleges a conspiracy, as to the two stops not being a coincidence, but there is no proof that they were anything but a coincidence.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but one article isn't proof.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

I read it. The staffer was passenger in a vehicle that was pulled over. The staffer admitted she wasn’t driving the vehicle.

I’ll counter with late on a Friday night (your link says it occurred after Mrs West’s incident, so it was well after dark, which means it’s close to 10pm), on a payday weekend, college just back in session. Vehicles stopped for license plate not illuminated. Valid stop. Some LEOs will find anything to self-initiate a stop that could stand result in a DUI. Others belong to units that focus on DUI enforcement. Either way, I still say it’s a hell of a lot more difficult than most people think it is to entice folks to do the wrong thing.

BTW, same exact scenario happened to me in Aug, 2015, except it was a DPS trooper on Highway 6 between B/CS and Navasota. about 10pm after dropping child 1 back off for senior year at A&M. I wasn’t exceeding the speed limit, hadn’t made a lane change, nothing but a license plate illuminated.

Polite interaction, I did my part, trooper did hers. She gave me a warning to fix it and let me on my way since she “had drunk drivers needing more attention from her than I did”.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    At certain times, and in certain areas, if you are out driving, there is a higher incidence of being stopped. Just something that caught the officer's attention to effect a traffic stop. It happens, and has happened to me as well on a few occasions.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    In Colorado County, Texas, it has been a tactic (LP light being out) used to pull drivers over. I have had it happen to me 3 times over the last couple of decades. I leave for work between 3:30 and 4:00 a.m. I understand, why, for example, trucks in the area had been being stolen to be used in ripping off ATMs. IMO using this to pull someone over, who has a completely functional vehicle is still WRONG, there is no probable cause, just a ruse, a lie.
    I really was pissed the last time it happened, sometime in 2019 or 2020, I wanted to call our local sheriff (I've known him for more than 30 years), and complain. I did not after I cooled down I thought the officer was just trying to keep the area safe and stop shit from happening. So I kept silent, the tactic was still wrong since the LP light was not out, I had checked 2 minutes prior to leaving home, I walk my truck each morning before leaving, unless it may be raining.

Most people are very negligent about auto maintenance, I see it nearly every day driving through Houston. Today alone I saw three autos with no rear lights on during pre-dawn hours (around 6 am).

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    In Colorado County, Texas, it has been a tactic (LP light being out) used to pull drivers over. I have had it happen to me 3 times over the last couple of decades. I leave for work between 3:30 and 4:00 a.m. I understand, why, for example, trucks in the area had been being stolen to be used in ripping off ATMs. IMO using this to pull someone over, who has a completely functional vehicle is still WRONG, there is no probable cause, just a ruse, a lie.
    I really was pissed the last time it happened, sometime in 2019 or 2020, I wanted to call our local sheriff (I've known him for more than 30 years), and complain. I did not after I cooled down I thought the officer was just trying to keep the area safe and stop shit from happening. So I kept silent, the tactic was still wrong since the LP light was not out, I had checked 2 minutes prior to leaving home, I walk my truck each morning before leaving, unless it may be raining.

Most people are very negligent about auto maintenance, I see it nearly every day driving through Houston. Today alone I saw three autos with no rear lights on during pre-dawn hours (around 6 am).

So do you want enforcement or not, or just for everyone else but not you? I don't get it...

Officers can and do use minor violations as pretext for stopping vehicles. There is nothing wrong or shady about that. If an officer is lying and fabricating a stop, that is wrong and you should have complained. The ends never justify the means.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    So do you want enforcement or not, or just for everyone else but not you? I don't get it...

Officers can and do use minor violations as pretext for stopping vehicles. There is nothing wrong or shady about that. If an officer is lying and fabricating a stop, that is wrong and you should have complained. The ends never justify the means.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    I was pulled over EACH time with the LP lights functioning. It was a FALSE stop.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom