• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    He could have been treated at the scene as local. FD did just that in a prior incident. I’ve only had one Police car pull in front of me ( haven’t been stop that much) however , my buddy was pulled up to the back restaurant wall. Hell, I could have shot and killed ever Policeman that has walked up to my window. You are making excuses to justify a bad stop. Medical bracelets are not a fashion statement……look for them.
    You seem have all this insight and wisdom of what being a LE officer is, I think maybe you should join a local LE agency and find out if all of your ideas of enforcing the law and interacting with the public is as easy to do as you seem to think it is.

With more than a few family members that have been in LE, and a few that still are, along with some friends that were and are in LE, it's not the job for everyone to undertake as profession. It's easy to look at things in hindsight and to evaluate how ourselves and even others could have handled a situation in a better way. But at the time when things are taking place, we sometimes just do the best we can with what we have to deal with it.

The two officers that "rousted" your friend, I have no idea if their actions were wrong or excessive since we are only hearing the story from your perspective, and from reading your past posts on this thread, the story could very well be biased in your mind.

That is why I'm not quick to jump to conclusions about the officer arresting Mrs. West as of yet.
    Gun Zone Deals

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    That is why I'm not quick to jump to conclusions about the officer arresting Mrs. West as of yet.
    In an earlier post you admitted you didn't watch the OP's video. I could tell you didn't read the story either. Yet you claim to look at the situation from more than one perspective or words to that effect. I find you are very quick to come to conclusions then opine on them from your self exalted God like experience in lengthy rants on other members. If Mongoose is not a Cop he won't think like one and a Cop can tear that up. I thought he did a very good job standing up for himself and his friend
    Between you and your cycleguy buddy that thinks the police can do no wrong this thread has degenerated.
    My LE experience taught me that Cops make mistakes, Cops lie and break the law and infringe on others rights regularly. They are after all people. People make mistakes.
    Until that blood test comes out, if it does, I'm done.

Reactions: gll

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    In an earlier post you admitted you didn't watch the OP's video. I could tell you didn't read the story either. Yet you claim to look at the situation from more than one perspective or words to that effect. I find you are very quick to come to conclusions then opine on them from your self exalted God like experience in lengthy rants on other members. If Mongoose is not a Cop he won't think like one and a Cop can tear that up. I thought he did a very good job standing up for himself and his friend
    Between you and your cycleguy buddy that thinks the police can do no wrong this thread has degenerated.
    My LE experience taught me that Cops make mistakes, Cops lie and break the law and infringe on others rights regularly. They are after all people. People make mistakes.
    I watched the video at later time, hence my opinions of the video.

"my self-exalted God like experience,"

Wow!

Maybe you think I should send you all of my posts and have you review them and tell me what opinions I should have about various subjects?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    @45tex you mentioned @cycleguy2300 thinks all cops can do no wrong, but reading some of your posts, you're on the opposite side thinking all cops are crooked, liars and corrupt. Personally, I have seen both sides of good cops, and bad cops. Trust me, the good ones outnumber the bad by a large margin.

Being a cop is a profession and I have seen good and bad in just about every profession. Because, when you get down to the bare basics, people are what fill a profession, and people are both good and bad.

All I can say is, if you think all cops are bad, then that's on you. Meh? I'd rather judge them as individuals rather than lumping them all together and painting with broad brush.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    The whole point was mongoose and you are not cops and don't understand why cops do things sometimes. Thats why I had him explain how he would do it, because there was no perfect answer. Nothing he could have said couldn't have been picked apart and second guessed, which was the point.

I recall listing three options for you with regards to what was in the cup (which was not PC for the arrest...)
    -lying
    -mistaken
    -Correct

I have made my share of mistakes being a cop, tactically, driving, etc, but never have I seen an officer make a bad arrest. Yes, people get arrested and are found not guilty, but as I have explained before what happens after an arrest neither justifies, nor invalidates the arrest because the validity of an arrest is based on the officers reasonable knowledge and inferences at the time of the arrest. Just like if someone pointed a gun at you and you killed em deader than a doornail, the shoot wasn't bad because you later learn it was only airsoft...

Mongoose's friend is sadly not a great resource as whatever he was experiencing would have prevented him from remembering what happend and having whatever he can piece from his own memory and others stories, thereafter repeated second hand only makes it worse. My primary point wasn't the cops did a great job hurray for them, it was to simply present legitimate reasons the officers may have reacted that way. Just because someone is having a medical episode doesnt mean force isnt justified, but as usual, people have a hard time letting go of what they think the know to look at a situation from someone else's perspective even if that someone else happens to have a good bit of training and knowledge in their field.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Hindsight is always 20/20. And it's easy to criticize the actions of others after the fact, when we have the luxury of more information and time to do so.

But many times a LE officer has to make a decision based on what they are seeing at the time. Sometimes, they make the incorrect decision. Sometimes, we just make the wrong call and make mistakes. None of us are perfect. So why should expect any LE officer to be perfect? We can't, and we shouldn't.

How many times are they getting it right, and getting the job done, but very few thank them for doing that job?

They will get plenty of media coverage if they make a mistake, or are a bad cop. Might be nice if more LE officers were recognized for the good things, instead of the bad things.

Don't anyone mistake that I think all cops are right and can do no wrong, because that isn't true. IMO a bad, or corrupt cop is scum and creates a bad image for good cops. They make all cops look bad.

I think every LE officer should be judged as an individual, and thought of a person being behind the badge and uniform.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    The whole point was mongoose and you are not cops and don't understand why cops do things sometimes. Thats why I had him explain how he would do it, because there was no perfect answer. Nothing he could have said couldn't have been picked apart and second guessed, which was the point.

I recall listing three options for you with regards to what was in the cup (which was not PC for the arrest...)
    -lying
    -mistaken
    -Correct

I have made my share of mistakes being a cop, tactically, driving, etc, but never have I seen an officer make a bad arrest. Yes, people get arrested and are found not guilty, but as I have explained before what happens after an arrest neither justifies, nor invalidates the arrest because the validity of an arrest is based on the officers reasonable knowledge and inferences at the time of the arrest. Just like if someone pointed a gun at you and you killed em deader than a doornail, the shoot wasn't bad because you later learn it was only airsoft...

Mongoose's friend is sadly not a great resource as whatever he was experiencing would have prevented him from remembering what happend and having whatever he can piece from his own memory and others stories, thereafter repeated second hand only makes it worse. My primary point wasn't the cops did a great job hurray for them, it was to simply present legitimate reasons the officers may have reacted that way. Just because someone is having a medical episode doesnt mean force isnt justified, but as usual, people have a hard time letting go of what they think the know to look at a situation from someone else's perspective even if that someone else happens to have a good bit of training and knowledge in their field.

You are correct as to my friend is not a great resource as to the event with the PD. However, the woman who is the owner of the little restaurant ( which we frequent and are friends with the owner ) relayed the actions she witnessed and was one of the ones pushing for him to sue.
    It is interesting to compare the actions of the PD that day to the actions of the FD in almost exact sinereos. With the PD he gets to wake in an ambulance cuffed to the gurney and on his way to get stitches and treatment for a road rash type injury’s.
    When the FD handled the almost exact situation, he came to in his truck with two Fire Men ( after they had administered oral glucose gel ) and who stayed with him until he was well enough to drive to a near by restaurant for a meal and insulin in order to regulate his blood sugar.
    I think the serve part of protect and serve was forgotten when the PD found an unconscious man behind the wheel of his truck.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Hey Axxe you are correct I'm not a Cop, I'm a retired Cop.
    I never claimed all Cops are anything except human. Hone your reading skills

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    You are correct as to my friend is not a great resource as to the event with the PD. However, the woman who is the owner of the little restaurant ( which we frequent and are friends with the owner ) relayed the actions she witnessed and was one of the ones pushing for him to sue.
    It is interesting to compare the actions of the PD that day to the actions of the FD in almost exact sinereos. With the PD he gets to wake in an ambulance cuffed to the gurney and on his way to get stitches and treatment for a road rash type injury’s.
    When the FD handled the almost exact situation, he came to in his truck with two Fire Men ( after they had administered oral glucose gel ) and who stayed with him until he was well enough to drive to a near by restaurant for a meal and insulin in order to regulate his blood sugar.
    I think the serve part of protect and serve was forgotten when the PD found an unconscious man behind the wheel of his truck.
    I'm seeing two problems there.

First it's still a second-handed story from someone that didn't witness the event. You are aware of the legal credibility of hearsay evidence, correct?

Second, so FD handled another incident, and the PD handled one. How many other incidents very similar have happened with your friend? Some might conclude that your friend isn't responsible enough to manage his diabetes to be driving a vehicle safely on public roadways.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    She tested negative for drugs and alcohol

abb1aa08f836bd53cb379be1524031e2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    She tested negative for drugs and alcohol

abb1aa08f836bd53cb379be1524031e2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

System worked. Doesn’t change a thing about her husband’s response. DPD press release below.

“The Dallas Police Department is aware of the lab results coming from the toxicology report. Due process is guaranteed to everyone, and Mrs. West is no different.

The officer made her decision based on the information available to her at that time. The purpose of addressing the media and releasing the video footage of the suspected DUI arrest of Mrs. Angela West was not to prove guilt or innocence, but to show the interaction between the officer and Mrs. West because of the accusations regarding the encounter. The remainder of the process lies in the hands of the District Attorney’s office. We respect the ultimate decision of the District Attorney’s office and we will refrain from commenting further.”

Source: https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/09/01/angela-west-innocent-dallas-da-drops-charges/

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

There is a reason FD and EMS stage and await our arrival on probably 25% of calls...

Fire/EMS have a different focus. If we approached calls with their methods cops and others would get needlessly hurt because Fire/EMS focuses on the patient and do not generally consider tactics and don't take into consideration a number of the what ifs cops think about. FIRE and EMS opperate of a totally diferent set of what-ifs. I know of several calls where Fire got surprised by weapons on a passed out or crash subject. Thankfully they were OK.

You'll notice I am neither accusing your friend of doing anything wrong, nor cheerleading the cops. Every call is different. Different parts of town, different officers with different experience, different callers providing different information, different times of day etc. I won't pass judgment on the officer's actions other than to say that there are times when the described force *could* be justified and from what I know about what happened I cannot say it wasn't. But even assuming it was justified, it doesn't mean it was the best course of action. Just because you can doesn't mean you should, and like wise just because there were other options doesn't mean either the more or less assertive approach was unjustified.

An ER trauma surgeon and a facial plastic surgeon will approach patients with a different focus, one may a bit brutal, course and curt, the other may be a bit more patient, thoughtful and considerate of the wants of the patient. But one has a goal almost solely of keeping people from dying, while the other wants people to be happy with the superficial after product. Neither are wrong.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Sooo.......... the justice system worked.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Amazing how that is isn't it...

If Col. West had just kept his yap shut for a few days he could ride the high horse of "the justice system works".

I *may* be able to overlook what he said about some good officers, doing good work and making the correct arrest decision under challenging circumstances, but he had better be coming to the table with something impressive. Kinda bummed out about him...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Amazing how that is isn't it...

If Col. West had just kept his yap shut for a few days he could ride the high horse of "the justice system works".

I *may* be able to overlook what he said about some good officers, doing good work and making the correct arrest decision under challenging circumstances, but he had better be coming to the table with something impressive. Kinda bummed out about him...

As a husband, I can understand his outrage. BTDT with my own wife. How he proceeds forward will be crucial from here on out.

At the same time, I still think the officer made the right call to effect the arrest. She performed the arrest based on the circumstances taking place at the time.

Mrs. West availed herself of submitting evidence that supports that she wasn't intoxicated. Exactly as what should happen.

Top Bottom