• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Quite apart from what part it should play, with race being such a hot issue, how would West's race play in the election, and especially against the potential DemonRat contenders?

Does he have the ability to draw minority DemonRat voters?

I can imagine Abbott losing to a blue wave, would West be a better candidate on that count, or is a Republican governorship secure regardless of candidate?

I have to agree with @Sasquatch. With some of the Democrats, yes they are going to use his race against him. They can't stand not to smear him. Because he's not acting like the token black man and can think and speak against them. That is why they will try and smear him.

I think he has the ability to draw blacks in to vote for him, just like Trump did with the black and Hispanic voters.
    Gun Zone Deals

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    The parts highlighted in red speak volumes of his character.

I'm not going to say he was completely right in his actions that led to his court-martial, but he was upfront, took responsibility for his actions, gave his reasons for his actions, (which were good reasons for his actions IMO.) he didn't lie about them, he didn't try to cover them up, or try to lay the blame for those actions on someone else.

Even if his actions were wrong, he stood up and accepted accountability with honor and dignity.

I have the utmost respect for West. He has character. Something missing with many, or most politicians.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Ain’t hitchin’ up with nobody this early on. Governor in TX is a constitutionally weak position. The only relatively strong governors have been Bullock and Perry. They spent careers building allies and supporters across the state agencies to get their deeds done. Abbot’s trying the same tactic, using relationships from his time as a judge and AG to do the same. No sir, I don’t like that at all. That’s called building a swamp.

The race to watch is for Lite Gov, and that’ll depend on what Patrick does, which’ll depend on what Abbot does. Patrick is a threat to small and limited government.

Neither of those two will get my vote in the primary.

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    I have spoken with Colonel West in person, he is the "real deal".

Dan Patrick wants to be Governor. Cornyn has let us down to many times.

Who will the Dem's run ? "Beto" ?

leVieux
    I have a good place for Beto...

75rSAo6gG5op2AGSzmrZpY-720-80.jpg

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Ain’t hitchin’ up with nobody this early on. Governor in TX is a constitutionally weak position. The only relatively strong governors have been Bullock and Perry. They spent careers building allies and supporters across the state agencies to get their deeds done. Abbot’s trying the same tactic, using relationships from his time as a judge and AG to do the same. No sir, I don’t like that at all. That’s called building a swamp.

The race to watch is for Lite Gov, and that’ll depend on what Patrick does, which’ll depend on what Abbot does. Patrick is a threat to small and limited government.

Neither of those two will get my vote in the primary.
    Mr. West has enough time to change my mind. Till he does, I'm backing Abbott. He's done better by me than most any other politician, ever. Trump and Cruz get the same rank.

Yes, Governor of Texas is a national stage. Not a powerful position, but a huge stepping stone.
    Abbot is where he is. And he'll probably be content right there.
    We can always do better, or worse.

jonevill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Texas City
    Abbot lost me with the mask policy, and especially when he kept it in place long after Florida and North Dakota proved that it was a farce. Now he wants to play catch up with the border and constitutional carry.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Abbot lost me with the mask policy, and especially when he kept it in place long after Florida and North Dakota proved that it was a farce. Now he wants to play catch up with the border and constitutional carry.

Personally, I think the mask mandates were not Abbott's finest hour, but even given that, I'm not yet ready to throw him under the bus just yet, simply because Abbott has done good things for Texas, and there are way much worse choices out there.

If West runs against Abbott, that's going to be hard choice to make, because I think West is a good man, and would do a good job as governor.

Abbott could have deep-sixed Constitutional Carry, but he didn't. He signed it into law. There were more than a few that were meeting with Abbott, and sending petitions to his office, trying to pressure him into vetoing the bill. He didn't veto the bill. He signed it. Let that sink in for a little bit.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Abbott is still "the devil you know", and will still have my support. Now, when Abbott is done, I'm fine with giving West a shot. Like many of y'all, I would REALLY have preferred to see West knock that puke Cornyn out of office.
    Well, we know he caved immediately to the mask mafia, crippled God knows how many small Texas businesses with the shut down, didn’t have the balls to give the middle finger to DC/CDC/Fauxci and open the state up( waited to see what sanctions Florida,South Dakota , etc would incur before putting his toe in the water)
    Yeah, I will hold my nose and vote for him if he the candidate in the general, but he most certainly has not earned my vote in the primary.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I’m not so sure about West.
    His war record doesn’t matter a bit to me.
    When he held office his record was spotty.
    Now he is here in Texas. Carpetbagger comes to mind.
    I need to see specific details of his platform.

While not a fan of Abbott he has my vote for now.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Well, we know he caved immediately to the mask mafia, crippled God knows how many small Texas businesses with the shut down, didn’t have the balls to give the middle finger to DC/CDC/Fauxci and open the state up( waited to see what sanctions Florida,South Dakota , etc would incur before putting his toe in the water)
    Yeah, I will hold my nose and vote for him if he the candidate in the general, but he most certainly has not earned my vote in the primary.

I enthusiastically agree with you up until the "hold my nose" part. Holding our noses is the reason we keep getting RINOs like Cornyn and Phelan in office. If the general election choice is between a Democrat and a RINO, why vote for either one? If Republican voters refuse to vote for a candidate, then the TXGOP will take notice. We might have to put up with a Dem for a term, but the RINO would vote for the same stuff as the Dem anyway.

The TXGOP needs its own "Great Reset"......

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I enthusiastically agree with you up until the "hold my nose" part. Holding our noses is the reason we keep getting RINOs like Cornyn and Phelan in office. If the general election choice is between a Democrat and a RINO, why vote for either one? If Republican voters refuse to vote for a candidate, then the TXGOP will take notice. We might have to put up with a Dem for a term, but the RINO would vote for the same stuff as the Dem anyway.

The TXGOP needs its own "Great Reset"......
    I said I would “hold my nose” and vote for him because until he caved to the Branch Covidians, he was doing OK.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    West would have a better shot taking out Cornhole. I feel with West running against Abbot it's going to split the party, much like Perot & Bush... then we would end up with the Hollyweird douchbag selling Lincons. I've already heard Hollyweird is in a tie with Abbot in some of the poles out. I don't know why West would try to split Texas with his running.

Top Bottom